October 17, 2007

The Christianville Spirit: How People look at Me

The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit of Christianville

Normally, In My Newsletters I talk about I view Other People and The things I love and all that good stuff. But, I rarely talk about how other people look at and see me. Knowing that I have Special Needs I know and have a feeling about how people see me. People knowing I Have Special Needs, some people see it as one special person who can do whatever his or her heart wants. Then, there are people who feel uncomfortable around them and think that they can’t do anything and they’re not smart. Well, the truth is Special Needs People are smarter then you think. In Fact, a lot of people have trouble showing their smart because they people will make fun of them or not believe them because they have Special Needs. Well, I’m here to tell you that just because people have Special Needs doesn’t mean their not smart. When it comes to Jobs; sadly, a lot of people don’t hire people with Special Needs because they think they are going to be high-maintenance or not do the job the way THEY want. Special Needs People can do the job just as good as Normal People. The only difference is we need extra supervision to make sure we are doing the job right, the way you might want. For me, I don’t really let people judging me bother me. I am aware of it. But, it doesn’t bother me. All in all, I believe Special Needs can do whatever they’re good at.
Thanks for reading The Christianville Spirit. Every Special Needs person is special in their talents and smarts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My six-month old was just diagnosed with Potocki-Lupski syndrome. I cannot tell you how inspirational your blog is to me and my family! I can only hope my son Austin is as insightful, expressive, and kind as you are when he grows up. I look forward to continuing to read your blog.