June 18, 2014

The Christianville Spirit: A Talk about PTLS Adults


The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Lifts Your Soul
June 18, 2014-TCS # 406

So, My Readers, I have found out that My Newsletter 2 Weeks ago was Handled quite Successfully. But, PTLS Family Members that have PTLSers that are past The Children Walking and Talking Phase I’m sure are Wondering, What about The Adults? It is a Curiosity of Many, including those that are still in The Child Phase but, Isn’t mentioned as often. However, It is safe to say that All PTLS Family Members are curious about What They’re child will be like when They are of An Age like Me. So, With that said, Let’s have a bit of an Adult Talk about Some of The Issues related to Adult PTLSers. So, Let’s start out with The Layout of The Land, This is a “New Country” that You are in and You have to get your bearings. So, What is There to Worry about with PTLS Adults? First, I wouldn’t say Worry, more like Wonder about. But, Let’s See; Driving, Living, College, Dating, That dreaded thing called Alcohol, Sex, and of course, Marriage. So, First Up is Driving. Now, There are a Few PTLSers that do have Drivers Licenses but, They don’t Drive. If They do Drive, It is generally Short Distance, like to The Grocery Store. Me? Because I live in Suburban Dallas, I’m not sure if I could handle Driving. Only because I am too busy looking at The Road Signs, The Surroundings, and My Reaction Time is Very Slow. That is not to say though, That I have never driven because I have. My Brother was taking me home from School and He decided to have Me drive in Our Neighborhood, needless to say, It was a Bit scary because I was thinking, “What If I crash or Hit Someone?!” Luckily, My Brother was driving an Older Car at the time, so That Worry wasn’t too bad. Next Thing to Talk about is, College. Now, PTLSers can go to College if They wanted to, We do have a few who did. Me Personally, I believe that Classes for a Degree (Especially Basic Ones like Math) would be Much Higher than My Level of It. But, I could take a Computer Certificate Class and do really well. People often ask me, “Do You or Why do You not go To College?” I personally hate that question if It is coming from Anyone other than a PTLS Family Member, Why? Because It makes me feel Excluded from Everyone Else. I want to be treated like Everyone Else, after all. Then, We move to Living. PTLSers have various Living Situations, some live near Family, Down the Street from Their Parents House, in Group Homes, and So On. I prefer that In the time that I am Single, I would live with a Roommate or Just Stay with My Mom. When I am with Bridgett, I have projected that I will be living with Her and Her Dad. The Key to that though, is that I want My Mom to live nearby Me, as in Next Door or a Couple doors down from Me, or if Anything, Down the Street from Me, as long as She is nearby me if I need help or in an Emergency. Next Thing we have to Talk about is Dating. Now, For all of us (PTLSers and Parents) Dating can be a bit scary at first, I have had 2 Girlfriends so far and that was quite an Experience. She taught me The Art of Cuddling, Holding Hands, and Kissing. And, It pretty much gave My Mom a Heart Attack when she saw me and The Girl I was dating, Kissing. But, Hey! My Mom tells that it is part of The Job Description of Being a Mom. “It’s in The Book of Moms!” She tells me. So, While we are Dating, We might as well get to Sex and Marriage. I personally have thought not to Have Sex until You are at least Engaged, “No Sex Before Monogamy!” as Patti Stanger from The Millionaire Matchmaker says. But, The Idea of Sex, is a bit iffy to Me if You will, because I’m not sure how I would handle it because of My Texture Issues. So, I guess, it will come with Time and When I am Ready. Guys, I am Sorry for the Ugly Picture that might be in Your Head, I am just being Honest! ANYWAY, Let’s move on to Marriage. I have it planned in My Head about Wanting to Find My Soulmate (I have named her, Bridgett) and Marry Her. Since The End of High School, I have had The Idea of a “Woman of My Dreams” who has The Greatest Heart in The World. After all, If The Person has a Good Heart, You wouldn’t mind spending the Rest of Your Life with Them and That is What I plan to do. I have gone so far as to Wonder Where My Honeymoon will be. Now, The Idea of The aspects of The Wedding, I wonder about. I wonder if there really is a need (at least for Me) for a Bachelor Party, I would be Okay with just going out to Dinner and Hanging Out, No Need for all The Crazy Stuff. One Thing that is of Concern about My Wedding, is My Anxiety Level.  I tend to get Anxious about doing New Things, I just hope to God that I don’t get sick in front of A lot of People. I did get sick once (not in front of a lot of People) because I was so Nervous about Being in The School Play in like 3rd Grade. Yea, That’s an Embarrassing Story but, At Least I told It! This is Probably why I should have a Small Wedding. I wonder though too about How it is going to feel with a Ring on My Finger, will I like it on There or Will I not want to Wear it. Because, It bothers me to have things on My Fingers (like a Ring), Wrist (like a Watch), or Even a Necklace. So, the Final Thing that We have to Talk about (as I have found myself rambling) is, “That dreaded thing called Alcohol”, Now, Have I tried Alcohol? Yes, and I don’t like it. Have any other PTLSers tried it? I’m sure they have. I have talked to a few who have and like it and other who don’t. I personally don’t want to have Alcohol. I just have No Interest in It, Hence the Reason I don’t go to Bars, because There is No Fun or Interest to Me in a Bar. Unless You want to sit near The Bar at a Restaurant, then You can have access to having “Shirley Temples” where in The Main Part of The Restaurant, You wouldn’t. For The Most Part, I can take care of Myself throughout The Day, I can even make myself something to Eat, and One of My PTLS “Brothers” and I will learning to Cook More Together This Summer. All in all, Us PTLS Adults, want to have Our Independence but, We still need a little support.




Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Cherish Your Adult PTLSers and Support Them as Well.

No comments: