May 15, 2019

The Christianville Spirit: Why We Have Grandmas


The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Knows Love
May 15th, 2019-TCS # 640

I Love My Grandma, My Readers! Yes, Folks! I Love My Grandma Very Much! It takes a Man to say that! Excuse Me while I perform in a Movie Voice for a Second. (In Movie Voice) From The Newsletter That Brought You Many Classics..... The Newsletter that brought You The Christianville Classic Newsletter, “Why We Have Children” (Refer to Newsletter 273; November 2011) and The Christianville Classic, “Why We Have Moms” (Refer to Newsletter 351; May 15th of 2013. Or Over on My Christianville Classic List on The Right)....As Well as The Christianville Classic Newsletter “Why We Have Dads” (Refer to Newsletter 549; June 2017).
 Comes an Additional to My “Why We Have Series”; Most Recently, “Why We Have Brothers/Sisters” (Refer to Newsletter 581; January 2018) 
Introducing The Newest Newsletter, “Why We Have Grandmas! (or Grandparents)!” (Back to Normal Voice).
Ya Know, I laugh at Myself sometimes at What Situations provoke Newsletter Topics. Basically, When It comes Choosing My Newsletter Topics is that I try to come up with The Topic on My Own; Topics just come to Me out of The Blue, like This One; and, Finally, I ask My Mom for Her Input. So, Coming out of Mother’s Day, I realized something. From Yet another Touching Mother’s Day Tribute from The Newscaster that I was telling you about, made me realize that Not Everyone either has a Mom at All, in Other Words, She was either passed away or She is just Out of Your Life, or You have a Let’s just say Less-than-Awesome Mom. I can say that I am Very Blessed to have Great Brilliant Mom like I do. Now, No I don’t have the Perfect Dad, although I wish I did, nor a Perfect Grandma, On My Dad’s Side. But, I do have an Awesome Mom AND An Awesome Grandma (aka- Grandma Honey, or G-Honey)! 
Now, This is sort of News to Me, only because It really is not a Big Deal to Me anyway but Did You know that There is Holiday from Grandparents? Yes, Really! So, There is a Mother’s Day, A Father’s Day, and A Grandparents’ Day. Problem, Not too many People know or even celebrate “Grandparents Day”. Sure, They celebrate their Grandparents all the time, but Unknowingly do not celebrate that Day. To Me, though, You don’t need a Day to celebrate them. Them meaning Grandparents, Mothers, and Fathers. We should just Honor Them all the Time! But, We do appreciate The Reminders. So, Here comes Question that People should ponder. Why do We have Grandparents? What an Absurd Question to Ask, Christian?! Well, Okay, if You ponder This Question, perhaps It would make you appreciate them. Now, Because I have Greater Respect for My Grandma on My Mom’s Side, I will address most of these to Her, but I will add in Grandma on My Dad’s Side as well. So, for the record, People all over have a Nickname for Their Grandma or Grandparents. In the Southern US, They would say “Mamaw” (Mah-Ma) or “Mamma”. Perhaps, “Oma” (Ohh-Ma) is Used in Other Parts of The Country. In My Mom’s Side Case, We call her “Grandma Honey”. On My Dad’s Side, because of The Part-Puerto Rican side, We referred to them as “Bella” and “Bello”, short for Abuella and Abuello, Grandma and Grandpa in Spanish, Respectively. Soo, Back to The Question of Pondering, Why We Do Have Grandmas or Grandparents? Well, I am going to answer that Question in My Humble Opinion 
So, Without Further a due. This is Why We have Grandmas (or Grandparents). I Love You Heaps, Grandma Honey!

WHY WE HAVE GRANDMAS (OR GRANDPARENTS)

  1. So, I have to come realize that with Every Edition of My “Why We Have..” Series, seems to begin with a Short Health Lesson. So, Why not skid in into It. Basically, in a Short Health Lesson. If It weren’t for Grandma, in this Case, birthing Your Mother (or Mommy). Then, You would not have not
  2. They birthed Your Mother and That, in Turn Birthed Your Mother birthed You (Graphic I know!)
  3. Being of Birth, Grandmas will Literally be THE First at The Hospital when The Time comes when You give Birth  to Your Grandchildren. In Fact, She will be Packed and There about Two Hours Early after You called her telling her that You are going into Labor, even if It is False.
  4. Now, Not that I know what is like in The Birthing Room after Said Baby is Born, but Just be forewarned when Said Baby comes out, if grandma is in the room, Grandma might just be The First to Hold It! Before Your own Mom; Before You,; and, Before Your own Wife! Oh! and Yeah, She will take..hmm.. about 30 Mins. in, then It will be Yours, Your Moms, and Your Wife’s. But, When She says “Give me That Baby!” She means it! Even if, Said Baby in covered in “Baby Slime”. Baby Slime be darned!
  5. Excluding all The Baby Stuff (Clearing Throat), Like Your Mom, Grandma will be Your Secondary Quilt or Blankie when You are a Baby or a Young Child. She will have Extra Fluff though. Sorry Mom!
  6. Again, like Your Mom, She (or They) will be Your Guard, Protector, Guard-Rail Fence, against Evil, Mean, and Hurtful Forces. She will stronger than Anyone has ever seen!
  7. Don’t Worry though, If You are Trouble with Your Mom, Grandma, or should I say “Suupper Grandma!” (Heroic Tone applied!), She will come and Rescue You. Speaking of That, as well When Your Mom has had enough of You, or at least in Temporary Instances, Grandma will come save you too.
  8. Now, Let’s Bare in Mind, that if You get into Real Trouble, Not even Grandma will Save You. Now, that is not to Say that She will try! Again, Majorly Depending on This! But, She will spend her life’s Saving to Bail You Out. If What You did is a Minor and Forgivable Offense.
  9. Grandma will make you Laugh, Cry, and Ponder about Life. Sometimes at The Same Time and Sometimes within an Hour of Spending Time with Her.
  10. While We are in The Subject of Time with Her, You will have Fun (Fun comes a Second!) but, She will tell you some Really Good (or Sometimes Frightening) but, Most Times, Good, Stories about Her Life, Things She had Said and Done in Her Life. Folks! If This is not a Reason to have Grandmas, I don’t know what is. But, for The Love of Goodness, Listen to Those Stories! They might have Morals, Funniness, Scariness, and, Sadness. But, Believe Me, they are Worth Hearing! I wish I would hear My Great-Grandma Mimi’s Stories!
  11. Now, to The Fun Stuff! Okay, Grandchildren listen closely! You know that One Thing (within Reason) that You can not do with Mommy. You can with Grandma! Again, It depends here! Again, within Reason!
  12. You know that Food that Mommy never serves? or Perhaps, Mommy may not serve that frequently. Yep! Grandma will serve it to You, Possibly in Larger Quantities than You are Expecting!
  13. When It comes to When You get Older and Start Dating, Grandma will test them many Time to Make Sure that They are of Quality. Oh! And Yes, Mommy may not do it, but Grandma will most definitely break out the Baby Pictures!
  14. When It comes to Your Wedding...Remember when I said that Grandma will be THE First at The Hospital when Your Grandchildren are Born? Yeah, Grandma will be in Town about 2 Days Early; Have Literally Everything Planned, even in though Your Wife and Wedding Planner had it Set (Yeah, This and Only This Time, Might be the Only Time when Grandma may not be so Nice. I am thinking, that is what that “Grandma’s Test” is for that I mentioned earlier); Grandma will be at The Church or Wedding Site, about 3 Hours before Anyone shows up!
  15. A Serious Note Here, Not that I want to even think about This Right Now, but I am aware that It is coming. When The Time comes that You have to “Call It”. Just Remember The Great Times, The Great Stories, and Probably The Most Important Thing, The Great Person that Your Grandma was. Carry that with You Forever! and, I can guarantee Two Things... She will Absolutely come Visit You Anytime that You ask and Finally, You will experience something that We’ll refer to your “Inner Grandma”. You feel the need to be Early for Something, “Inner Grandma”!; You feel the need to Lash out at Someone because She were Mean to Someone You Love (Mom, Your own Grandchildren, or Yourself), Yep! “Inner Grandma!” Embrace that “Inner Grandma”! Perhaps, that is Grandma coming to Visit You!

In All Seriousness, Your Grandma (or Grandparents), Okay, who Am I Kidding?, I only talked about Grandmas and Not Grandpas. Grandparents in General! Whatever. So, Basically, Your Grandma is Very Important Person! Yes, Just a Smidge more important than Your Mother. But, I guess that Mothers are Important in One Way and Grandmas in another Way. All in all, Embrace, Ponder, and Love on the Fact that You have a Grandma because unfortunately, You may not have her Forever. I guess it is One of Those Stupid Terms and Conditions that You did not read and just signed when You were Born!



Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit.  Love and Embrace Your Grandma! 

No comments: