November 6, 2019

The Christianville Spirit: My Geographical Research Rerun



The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Knows Love
November 6th, 2019-TCS # 661

Ciao Bella, My Readers! This Greeting is from One of My Favourite Countries, Italia (Italy in English). Italia sounds better! It sounds more Romantic! Anyway, Ciao Bella is Italian for “Hello Beautiful”. It is said in a Deep and Romanticized Italian Voice saying “Ciao Bella!” Perfect Tip for Flirting with a Girl in Italian! Anyway, Over The Past Several Years, It is No Secret that with My Geography/History/Politics mixed Together Mind that I am always Learning about Different Countries, Different Cultures, and of Course, Different Parts of The World. I think It started a lot more when I could see The World via Google Earth in High School (11th Grade or at 18 Years Old). Then again, It started earlier than that where My Mom will tell you that once I was looking at Road Signs in The US and then, later, Looking at Road Signs in Turkey. But, It really came about when I had Google Earth and Later, Google Earth became Street View and I ran like a Dog with The Gate left Open! I started out small as Google Street View did, in The United States, as It started to Grow, so did My Curiosity. Then, I started getting Interested in The Fascinating Continent, Europe. I learned about Countries I had and still dream of going to. Italia (Italy), France, Scandinavian Countries (Sweden and Norway), and Of Course, Switzerland. My Fascination of Parts of The World grew also with The Increase of PTLS Family Members around The World. I started getting Fascinated with Stats about Countries, which were The Happiest, Most Democratic, Most Free, and So On. Of Course, Later I found Interest into More than just The Capitols of The Countries. How about Currencies, Language, The People and Their Lifestyles, Flags, What Their Road Signs looked like, and Politics of The Country among Many Things. I like to Point out the Most Interesting Language is The Slavic Languages of Czech and Slovak because They, as well as Many Other Countries have What I call an “Alien Letter”, A Letter on The Alphabet that Unique to Them. I explained This is Another Newsletter, “Fun in Learning Geography” (Refer to Newsletter 596). I explain it shortly like This.
The Letter R with a Mark over It. It looks like This (Ř) It is said that It is Impossible to Pronounce but, It is Pronounced “Aerch” and That is in The Single Form and The Ř is Pronounced Very Differently from The Single Letter.” 
That is just an Example of My Geographical Research! Speaking of That, I am going to rerun a Newsletter that explains more about My Research!

This Newsletter was Originally written on June 11th of 2014 (Refer to Newsletter 405)

So, You Know how I have told you that I Love Geography and Maps? Well, I’m not sure I have told You about Just how much and To what Degree. Whenever, I talk to People, be it PTLS Family Members, Friends, and Yes, Even Family, I love to talk to them about Things that I know or Have Learned about a Particular Area. People are amazed at How Much I know about The World, but That is something You already Know. So, How do I get all This Information? Well, besides hearing about Different Places on The News and Cyber-Traveling, There is also talking to People from Other Parts of The World and Then, I Do Research on The Place, Out of Curiosity. I do A lot of Research about Countries; to name a Few Things, Airports, Currency, Roads (and, Signs), Language, the Political View, Life Styles, Stats about The Area, and General Trivia. I was talking to a PTLS Family Member, Stefan, (If You remember, I mentioned him a while back.) I asked him, How far He lived from Stockholm-Arlanda Airport and He was Amazed that I knew what and where “Stockholm-Arlanda” was. Then again, I was Fascinated with Sweden. That happens a lot, Where I get fascinated with Places, Do My Research, and Find Out things that The Person from The Country themselves may not know. I have a Family Friend who actually lives in Stockholm who told me more than I knew about Stockholm. She told me that In Sweden, It is Illegal to Smack Your Children. Yes, Believe It or Not, They have that Law as well as a Hate Speech Law, (The Hate Speech was My Own Research). If The Child reports that Their Parents hit them, even if it was a Tap, The Government gets involved, The Children are sent to Foster Care and Parents go to Jail for Years. Needless to Say, It creates Respect between The Children and The Parents. She told me that It is so “Freeing” in Sweden, because People can do more things, Enjoy Nature, and Due to The Size of Houses there Compared to The US, You don’t have to have a lot of Stuff. From My Own Research, I have found that No One can be Better than Anyone Else. In Other Words, It is Rude to say, “Haha, I make More Money, Have a Better Job, and A Better Girlfriend!” To Tell You The Truth, Everyone has to be Employed in Sweden, So There really is No “Better Job.” Now, My Focus hasn’t always been in Sweden, It’s been to Norway, The UK (which is Interesting), The Caribbean (Hello, Future Tropical Vacation!), and Believe It or Not, A New Place I haven’t thought of before, Australia. Australia (Pronounced Aus-Tray-Lia) is Said to be “The World’s Largest Island”, It is The Only Country that is Both a Country (Commonwealth, to be precise!) And A Continent. Australia is Interesting for Many Reasons including The Country/Continent Thing. So, I have been told, It seems The Wealthy People live in Cities like Sydney or Melbourne (Pronounced Mel-Bun) and The Poorest People live in places like South Australia, Not Sure if It is all true but, It is an Interesting Bit of Trivia. Sources tell me that There are People in Australia known as Bogans. Bogans, to say the least, are Stereotyped to be a combo of What They tell me is The Bronx of White People and Rednecks. To Describe what They look like, They have a Mullet and Their Hair shaved all the way back leaving a bit of Hair of the Back of Their Head. There is a Television Show in Australia called The Bogan Hunters and I did My Research about that and Other Shows in Australia. The Best Way I can describe The Bogan Hunters is a Show about looking for “Real Life Bogans” in a Crocodile Dundee way. According to The Host of The Show, Bogans live in The Suburbs of Cities, The Rich live in The Inner City, It is reverse like a lot of Other Things compared to The US. Speaking of that, Australia is in the South Hemisphere, hence The Nickname, “Down Under.” So, When It is Summer here in The US, It is Winter in Australia and Vice Versa. This is Something that Boggles My Mind about Australia because for Example, to Me, December means Christmas and Snow on The Ground, that is My Ideal Picture of The Christmas Holiday but, I cannot get My Head around Going to The Beach in 90 Degree Heat in Australia on Christmas Day. It is like, “Okay, Let’s Open Presents and Go to the Beach!” and The Children say, “Yay!” I am going to have to Take that 16 Hour Flight and See it all for Myself!
I have had Some Wonderful Friends and PTLS Family Members who have so awesome to Send Me Maps of Their  Part of The World. I sit and study each one and Then, Do My Research. All in all, I hope to One Day travel to all these places but, Until I will continue to Learn about The World.




Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Learn about Your World.

No comments: