July 5, 2022

The Christianville Spirit: Why We Have Dogs

Paco and Sadie Laying with Me (2017)


Paco Jumping in The Snow (2022)


The Christianville Spirit 

The Spirit that Moves Mountains 

July 5th, 2022- TCS # 777 

 

I Love My Dogs, My Readers! (Talking in Child-Like Voice) Yes I do! My Sweet Boy! This is Unique Greeting with My Unique Voice for a Unique Newsletter!  

Excuse Me while I perform in a Movie Voice for a Second. (In Movie Voice) From The Newsletter That Brought You Many Classics.....  

The Newsletter that brought You The Christianville Classic Newsletter,  

“Why We Have Children”  

(Refer to Newsletter 273; November 2011) and  

The Christianville Classic,  

 

Why We Have Moms” (Refer to Newsletter 351; 

 May 15th of 2013.  

 

Or Over on My Christianville Classic List on The Right)… 

.As Well as The Christianville Classic Newsletter 

 Why We Have Dads”  

(Refer to Newsletter 549; June 2017);  

 

Plus Two NEW! Christianville Classic Newsletters,  

“Why We Have Brothers/Sisters”  

(Refer to Newsletter 581; January 2018)  

 

“Why We Have Grandmas (or Grandparents)” 

(Refer to Newsletter 640; May 2019) 

 

Introducing The Newest Newsletter in The  

“Why We Have..” Series, “Why We Have Dogs!”  

(Back to Normal Voice). 

Now, I am going to be fair for Second,  

There are Two Types of People in This World,  

In My Opinion anyway.  

 

There are Cat People.  

People who absolutely love Cats. Even though Cats are...Kind of Anti-Social. And, They don’t really like to be Pet. I’m not exactly sure Why that is. As Far I know, If (Keyword here, If), They like to be Pet, It is only in One Area and For a Short Time! Now, Personally, I am Slightly Allergic to Cats but, If I were to Name One Thing I like about Cats is that, They are much quieter of The Bunch. 

 

And, Then There are Dog People.  

People who absolutely Dogs. Dogs are Much more Social than Cats. As Far as Petting goes, They LOVE to be Pet! On The Belly, Behind The Ears, On Their Mid-Shoulder. The Belly is likely, Their Favorite Part to be Part. Every Pet and Every Loving on Them, They wag their Tale so Cutely!  

 

Now that We covered that. How did I get This Idea!  

Well, I realized when I looked at My Christianville Classics List and I realized that I had only Included the  

Why We have Moms” and “Why We have Dads” in My “Why We Have..” Series 

 but, I realized that I did not add TheWhy We have Brothers/Sisters” or “Why We have Grandmas” Segment of The Series in My Christianville Classics” List so, I am Happy to Announce that I have Both of Them added! After I added Them to My List, I pondered an Extension to The Family of “Why We Have..” So, This begs The Question, Why do We have Dogs? 

 

Well, I am going to answer that Question in My Humble Opinion  

So, Without Further a due. This is Why We have Dogs 

 

Why We Have Dogs 

 

++ Believe It or Not, This List of Reason does not include a Health Lesson. That is, if You are with Your Dog since Birth. However, Most People don’t. This is More a Lesson about Morals and Well..Animals. But, There are Many Ways to “Get a Dog so I am going to go with The One that I am Most Familiar with. Adoption. 

 

++ When You walk into an Animal Shelter; Generally, We Humans are Very Judgmental about Choosing a Dog out of like 15 (Ballpark Guess) Dogs all Barking Loudly. The Right Size of Dog, The Right Breed of Dog, and Yes, Even The Right Age of Dog. But, Guaranteed, The Minute that You see That Dog with a Hair Color You Like, Breed is little Funny, and They are just Puppy but, Darn It! This Dog is like Gravitating to You like a Magnet in This Overwhelming Room of Often Scared Barking Dogs! That My Friend is called Companionship. The Rule goes that “The Animal (The Dog) chooses The Person. NOT The Other Way Around. So, If an Older Dog who was dumped (ahem..Humans can be Kinda Harsh!) is choosing You, You choose it! 

 

++ After You choose The Dog, After All Un-Crating, We’ll call it. Meaning, After They get use to Your Life Style and Your Routine. Then, We Find Out Why We Truly have Dogs 

 

++ Now, Of Course, The Top Reason, We Humans believe that The Reason We have Dogs, is One Simple Thing. Protection. Who needs a Gun when You have a Loud Barking Dog to Protect You from Outside People and Yes, Even Outside Dogs. They are Your Family’s Security System! Our Neighbours have often said “It’s The Security System!” 

 

++ Dogs will make You do things that You would not do Normally, like A Full-Grown Adult talking in a “Child-Like Voice” if Your Friends come over and They hear you, They will first wonder Who You are Talking to, then a Second Letter realize that You are Talking to Your Dog! Believe Me, Dog Loving Reader, You are not The Only One! 

 

++ Dogs are kind of like That Comfort Blanket of Mom or Grandma. But, When That doesn’t work. Hug Your Four-Legged Friend! They will be help you with Any Anxiety You might have! 

 

++ Speaking of That. If You need Someone to Talk to and Most Importantly, Not Judge You. Sit and Talk to Your Dog! They are There for You if You need to Talk and They will Listen. Likely, They will wonder what You are Saying but with Their Doggy Senses, They’ll get it! Now, They will not Provide Solutions if You need that. But, Petting them while You are talking it out, That might help calm you. After That, Then You can call Your Friend! 

 

++ Not ALL Dogs Lovers are Social all The Time. So, If You are Feeling Lonely or Want Someone who will Love You the Way You are, Your Dog will Love You! Like I said, Companionship! Oh and Dogs are Good Cuddlers. Paco isn’t a Cuddly Dog but, He is getting there. Sadie Good-Lord on The Other Hand, She will lay on the Curve of Your Leg, or Take up half of The Bed! 

 

++ A lot of People often will tell you that One of The Reasons beside Protection and Companionship, is To Teach Responsibility. You have to Feed them, Give them Water, and Make Sure that You let them Outside so that They go Potty. That’ll teach you quite a Valuable Lesson alone! 

 

++ Of Course, There are People who would rather not have Children and That is Okay. Personally, I don’t plan on having Children because I’m not sure that I could handle raising a Child. So, What do You do instead? You have “Four-Legged Children”. In Other Words, You raise a Dog. Just Make Sure that Said Dog is Potty Trained! Believe Me, Between Myself and My Mom, We had to Potty Train, My Little Boy Dog, Paco. Believe me, It pushed My Texture Limits a few Times 

 

++ A Serious Note Here, Not that I want to even think about This Right Now, but I am aware that It is coming. When The Time comes that You have to “Call It”. Try (Keyword here, Try) to be in The Room when You “Do the deed”. If You can’t, However. Give Them a Big Loving Hug and Tell Them It is Okay and, Most Importantly, That They were a Very Good Dog to You and Your Family. Post-Passing, Remember The Good Times between You and Your Dog, Record their Trademarks (like a Special Way They Bark or Special Behavior) if You can. Remember The Dog that They were! 

 

And, That My Friends, is The Reason Why We have Dogs. So, Let The Dog choose You; Have a Ton of Adventures (Inside and Outside of Your House); if You happened to Get a Dog, by Special Reasons (like a Foster Failure like Sadie Good-Lord or Mandy) or A Dog that You just felt that You had to Save (That is How Paco was Founded), Make sure that You give them Time and Lots of Love! All in all, Dogs are a Very Special Animal that was brought to Us by God (Dog is God backwards!) and Shall be Treated as Such. 

 

Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Adopt a Dog! Let The Dog Pick You! 

No comments: