January 21, 2015

The Christianville Spirit: The Untold Story of Lynee



The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Sparkles
January 21, 2015-TCS # 434

So, I have quite a Story to Tell You, One that I have never told you. Or at least, I think I haven’t. Consider This One of The Great “Untold Stories” of My Life. You See, I got reminded of it because I received something Very Special. I’m not sure if I told this part but, It leads to a Great Back-Story. See, When I had My Kidney Stone Episode back in November, One of My Mom’s Students got me a Mini-Christmas Tree to help me get better from it. The Student told My Mom, “It’s better than getting him flowers!” because after all, You don’t get a Man flowers if He is not feeling well. I guess, it is one of those Society Stereotypes but, It’s Okay to Me. Anyway, After Christmas, My Mom and I had a debate about What to do with It and My Mom said that We should plant it. So, that is what We did, We planted it in a Pot and I blessed it in Lynee’s Honor (sort of like What I did with Popi’s “Christmas Town”). As You Remember, Lynee was a Girl back in Elementary School that I had the BIGGEST Crush on. I like to say that it was The First Major Crush of My Life. I remember once that I snuck open the “Harrington Phone Book” just out of Curiosity to see her number and Where She Lived. My Childhood Friends, The Herricks and Barsis, always lightly picked on me about My Crush on Lynee. “Lynee, Lynee, Lynee!” they would say and It made me blush. I fell pretty hard for her, in a Child’s Mind like Mine. I think it came from the Fact that You know Someone is nuts about Someone Else when You mention that Person’s Name and You just Can’t stop Smiling (or Blushing). So, Where is The “Untold Story”? Well, This is Part of It. But, The Big Part was a Time that I saw her in High School, in 10th Grade, 11 Years Ago. Little did I know, that it would be The Last Time I saw her. Now, When I think of This Story, It makes me Cringe a bit in The Way that I handled It. But, Here It goes! So, I was sitting in An Aqua Science Classroom and The Teacher was doing Role Call. The Teacher called My Name and I said, “Here.” and, then The Moment that changed it all, The Teacher said, “Lynee Watson”, followed by a Voice in The Back saying, “Here”. I was shocked! I thought, Lynee Watson? Doesn’t that sound Familiar. It took a Moment to Register in My Head and then, I flipped out inside My Head, thinking, “Lynee Watson! I knew Her back in Elementary School! I had the Biggest Crush on Her” I turn around and sure enough, There She was. I had to Look Back Several Times to Realize that It, Indeed, Was Her. It was Crazy because The Last Time I saw Her she had to Move Away at The Beginning of 5th Grade and I was Very Sad that She left. And, At this Time, She was Grown Up too, Very Different from The Last Time I saw her. It took several days for Me to walk up to her and Tell her who I was. Each Day I would see her, I would be too nervous to talk to Her. But, The Whole Crush Thing along with The OCD Obsessions came back too. I did have a Second Childhood Friend that sat behind me, Hayley. Hayley was a little easier to Re-Introduce Myself to. One Day, The Teacher told Us that we had a Little bit of a “Free Period”. This was My Chance, I Thought. So, I got up the Nerve to go talk to Her. “Hi, Lynee” I said Nervously, “I’m Christian.” “That’s Great” She said. Probably thinking I meant, Christian like The Religion. I Said, “It’s Me, Christian. You Know, Elementary School!” Memories on Her Side flooded back, She got excited “Oh My Gosh!, Christian!” and then, We hugged. We reminisced for a while about How both of us where doing and To My Surprise, She told me that when She first Saw Me, She too thought, “Wait a Minute, Is that Christian?!”. I then, told her that I had the Biggest Crush on Her back in Elementary School. Now, This Part gets a little blurry and Sometimes with Good Reason because It is Cringing, thinking about it. I could have sworn that after I said that, I walked away a Short Second to go back to My Chair and She called me back. She asked if I would like to go on a Date with Her. I thought, “Whoa! I’ve never been asked out before!” I, Of Course, was a bit curious as to Why. She told me that She too had Feelings for Me, She too had a Crush on Me back in Elementary School. Now, At This Time in My Life, Socially, I did not know how to handle someone asking me out. And, I told her that I would ask My Mom if It was Okay. Then, I said, “Well, I’m sure she wouldn’t mind” and She WAS Going to give me Her Phone Number to call her but, I of course, told her that I would call her, Referring back to that, “Harrington Phone Book” segment of The Story. After That, I forgot to Call Her but, I think I told My Mom about it. After That, She didn’t show up in That Classroom. Hayley did though but, Lynee didn’t. I wondered what happened to Her. the Teachers could not tell me Where She Went because of Privacy Laws. I was Sad that I didn’t see her anymore. Later down the Road, After Trying to Find Her after Years of Not Seeing Her. I had found out that She passed away in May 2008 and I found 2 Years after She had Passed Away. I wish that I would have just said “Yes”, Gotten Her Phone Number, and Gone Out with Her. Her Life at Home though, Unfortunately, was not a Very Good one. I wonder about it now and Wonder if I was One of The Only Good Parts of Her Life and in an Honest Truth, It probably was. She moved a lot in Her Life but, She didn’t really stay steady in School, except for the Time I saw her in 4th Grade and Again 10th Grade. Even if I decided to Date Her, It probably would have not gotten any better for Her Home Life. Now, as Depressing as This Sounds, This Story has a Point. In My Family, I always tell My Mom and My Brother (And, Yes, even My Dad) that I Love Them, even if They are leaving The House for 2 Minutes, I still say it. Because, After All, You never know when The Last Time that You are going to see someone. So, You should always say that You Love Them, regardless of Whether or not, You do. You don’t want The Last Words to be “I Hate You”, that would be Terrible! Now, as Far the Lynee Story goes, After I found that She passed away, I told her in My Prayers that I Loved and Still Love Her. I am led to believe that The Woman of My Dreams, Bridgett (I believe that is Her Name) that She will look Exactly like Lynee and She will have Lynee’s Spirit in Her. She is My Guardian Angel, after all. All in all, It is a Very Good Story that when I meet  This Woman of My Dreams that I will pass the story down to Her.



Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Plant a Tree in Honor of Your Loved One and You can Smile as You watch it Grow.      

No comments: