June 25, 2014

The Christianville Spirit: Conversations with PTLSers

Me and Tyler, "Goofing Off"

The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Lifts Your Soul
June 25, 2014-TCS # 407

So, I had quite a bit of Fun Over The Weekend that was Exciting. You See, My PTLS “Brother”, Tyler, came to town and We got to hang Out together both on Friday and Saturday. On Friday Evening, We went over to Tyler’s Brother’s House and We had a Nice little cookout along with several other Members of His Family. I really felt like I was literally part of Tyler’s Family. I got to have Some Guy talk with Tyler and His Brothers. My Mom likes to say that We behave and talk so typically when We are Around each other. Me, I just enjoy having Quality Time with Tyler and I don’t really notice the “Typical” Conversations because I am busying having them. Everyone sat around The House talking and Enjoying Each Others Company and Having Healthy Burgers (They were Deer Meat), now before You start thinking, “What are You Nuts?!” It was actually good. On Sunday, My Mom and “Aunt” Angie, as I call her, took us to The Mall and We walked around. Of Course, Going to The Mall didn’t go without what My Uncle Craig refers to as “Goofing Off”. While we were at My Mom’s Favorite Store, Sam Moon (This was before The Mall) Aunt Angie decided to put random hats on Tyler and I and took our pictures, Now that I mentioned it, I will probably have to Show You. We each had Hats that We best looked in, For Me, It was a White Church Lady Hat and For Tyler, It was a Cowboy Hat. After Sam Moon, We went to The Mall to walk around and while we were sitting Eating a Snack, I taught Tyler the Art of People Watching. We sat there, Talked and watched all The Pretty Girls walk by. Tyler would say, “Oh Boy” when He saw a Really Pretty Girl, It was quite funny. I know that This Newsletter sounds a bit Personal But, Us PTLS Adults have a Hard Time getting Friendships going because We have a Hard Time starting Conversations with Someone who is Our Age  and Also has PTLS. See, We don’t have problems talking with Other Adults because We really like it and Find it Easy to do. But, It is Awkward to Talk on Someone that is around Our Age and We can appear to be Shy. Sometimes, We need the help of Our Parents to help us get the Conversation started. But, Once we do, then We are Comfortable. I have talked to 10 or more PTLS Adults and It has taken time to get comfortable to Keep a Conversation going. Even when with Tyler, It took Our Moms helping to get our conversation going. But, when a Adult talks to Me or Messages Me, I have No Problem talking with them because I feel more Comfortable. So, My Time with Tyler has been Important because We are finally comfortable talking with each other. And, Another PTLS Friend who I talk to Several Times a Day and We are Finally Comfortable. All in all, Know that Your Kids want to have Friends but, They are going to need help, “Breaking The Ice” and Getting Conversations started.




Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Please be Patient with us PTLSers when it comes to Conversations.  





No comments: