October 8, 2007

The Christianville Spirit: A Ride of a Lifetime

The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit of Christianville
Well, it finally happened. I got to ride in a helicopter like John McCarty promised. BUT, the thing is I didn’t go alone like I thought I would. My Mom went with me. So, here’s how it went. My Wicked Awesome Mom called John McCarty last week and he didn’t answer. She assumed that he has either busy or out of town. But, anyway THIS WEEK she called again and asked when we could do it. He told her This Week then, he called yesterday and asked if we were ready to go up and she said yes. He also said that My Mom could come up as well. And, according to her; She was shocked that she was going to be able go up in the helicopter with me. He gave My Mom directions to where we had to which was at Dallas’ airport named Dallas Love Field. A few minutes after we arrived at where we were told to go, we saw the helicopter (which was the color of a zebra) land and get fueled up. Then, we met the guy that we were going up with was named was Ken Montgomery. The traffic helicopters don’t fly at a very high altitude. We flew at the perfect altitude to where we could see the highway signs and street signs. As we passed some of the major highways I said which highways we were going over. John said that he was impressed by me knowing where I was. They said I was like a Moving GPS. We also got to fly over Dr. Pepper Ballpark, where I Work. After words they said that I could come back and ride again. So, the next time I go up I’m going to take My Brother, Michael. I think my brother will really like it. All in all, I thought flying in a Helicopter was Really Awesome.
Thanks for the reading The Christianville Spirit. Our World is full of opportunity; you just have to take it.

1 comment:

Bud Smith said...

Out of this world, Christian. Keep up the good work. I'm really impressed. Love, popi