November 3, 2007

The Christianville Spirit: The 2 Days of Life Changing(Day 1)


The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit of Christianville

Readers of the Real World and The Christianville Metro Area, Nothing will prepare you for what I am about to tell you happened to me over 2 DAYS of Thursday and Friday, November 1&2, 2007. Now, I do assure you this is a very awesome thing. What: SOMETHING to do with Potocki-Lubski Syndrome (PTLS) which is what special needs I have When: already said. And, finally, where: Houston, Texas. So, here’s what happened that was so great. It started a couple weeks ago when Dr. Potocki emailed My Mom and said that there was going to be a convention in Houston on the first of November and she was going to be on a panel. When we pulled out of our neighborhood I told my mom “Mom, This trip may change our lives” and she replied with “This trip is going change our lives some way, I don’t know exactly how high of degree” and I said that only because we were meeting with someone from The New York Times I knew what happened to people got their story in The New York Times. Well, anyway when we got down there we met with Diane who was helping organize The Reception for the photographer who going to be taking pictures to be taking pictures of me and other people with my Special Needs. See, this guy named Rick from New York who was a Fashion Photographer one day decided to instead photograph people with Special Needs and he takes pictures of people ranging from Albino to Chromosome 18. Anyway, at the reception My Inspiration made Dr. Potocki cry because I told her something I learned from Church about changes in Seasons and how god takes us through Seasons and I told her, “Dr. Potocki, Today you started a new season”. After the reception, My Mom and I went to dinner with a lady named Amy from The New York Times. We went to this really good Modern American restaurant and the food I had was really good and Amy amazed us because she was looking at us while her fingers where typing on the computer. And, she talked and asked to us about a lot of things and it was good to talk to her about My Special Needs and life with it. And, that was only the first day…..
To be Continued….

No comments: