November 24, 2015

The Christianville Spirit: Thanksgiving and What It Means





The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Sparkles
November 24, 2015-TCS # 475

Hello My Readers and Happy Thanksgiving! So, I know that It is a Day early before Newsletter Day but, due to being busy This Thanksgiving. So, I figured that I would write my Thanksgiving Newsletter Today. I hope that You have an Awesome Thanksgiving. Blame it on The Recent Trip to Sweden but, In My Head, I have been calling Thanksgiving, Tacksgiving, because “Thank You” is Tack in Swedish. So, What am I Thankful for? I have a Lot to be Thankful for This Year, among them, The Roof over My Head; God; My Friends and Family, both Smith Family and PTLS Family; and, Of Course, The Crazy-Busy Summer that I had, It was The Best in Years! So, Before I share with You, One of My Great Thanksgiving Newsletters, I want to Teach You something This Thanksgiving. So, How do You say “Thank You” in Different Languages? Well, The Ones I know partly; Spanish, a little bit of Italian, a Little bit of French, “Hello” in Japanese, and Swedish. In Spanish and Italian, “Thank You” sounds roughly the Same. Gracias (pronounced Grau-See-Us) and Grazie (pronounced Graught-See or Graught-See-Yay). But, Swedish is one that I had a bit of Trouble with when I was there, because it sounded Very Short. Thank You is said in 3 Ways, “Thank You” which is Tack (pronounced like “Talk”), Thanks You which is Tack Du (pronounce Tauk-Due) and, The Hardest One, Thanks You so Much which is Tack så Mycket (pronounced Tack-Soha-Meeekyeah). Anyway, Here is one of My Really Great Newsletters about Thanksgiving, I wrote it back in 2013, It is One of My Best Thanksgiving Newsletters. Hope You have Joyous Holiday Season Start and a Very Happy Tacksgiving!
So, I know it is a day early (I wrote this The Day before Thanksgiving), but, Happy Thanksgiving! So, Let me ask you a Question. Yes, It has been a short time since the last question but, This is Good, I Promise You! So, What does “Thanksgiving” mean to You? Does it mean (in a Radio Announcer's Voice): FOOTBALL!? Does it mean Quality Time with Family? or Maybe Shopping on Thanksgiving or God Help You, Black Friday? The Sad thing about Thanksgiving is that although it is an Important Holiday to us Americans, it is often overlooked by My Favorite Holiday, Christmas. Now, don’t get me wrong, I LOVE Christmas and I Live for It but, getting excited about it too early, like listening to Christmas Music or watching Christmas Movies (They started November 1st on The Hallmark Channel, by the way), by the time Christmas Day actually comes, after you have opened your presents, You are burnt out on it. But, I think I’ll explain that more when it gets closer to Christmas, but Anyway, I often think to Myself saying, “Why aren’t there any Thanksgiving Music or Thanksgiving Movies?” I know that there is one song called “The Thanksgiving Song” by Adam Sandler. Okay, I think I am rambling too much on this Christmas vs. Thanksgiving and how I feel about it but as They say in the News, I digress. So, for those still following along, What does Thanksgiving mean to Me? Well, it means many things, For Me, it starts in The Morning (Shocker, since I sleep in till 2:45PM) and I watch the “Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade.” It is My All-Time Favorite Tradition of Thanksgiving. I Love watching all the different floats and of course, all bands that are big that year like Selena Gomez, The Jonas Brothers, One Direction, You get the idea.. and, then watching all the balloons (again they are different each year). Then, comes My Favorite Part, when Santa Claus comes and They say that, that marks, “Official Beginning of The Holiday Season”. That always gets me excited! So, after that, Thanksgiving turns toward what it should be; About Quality Time with Family (either Smith Family in Georgia or Ohio, or Immediate Family here in Town). It is also fun watching them cook the Turkey, which My Mom names it every Year. Once it is time for Dinner, then Thanksgiving means Two big Things: Turkey and Stuffing! Of Course, after we are all served, We go around the Table and ask what Everyone is Thankful For. Again, This is what Thanksgiving is majorly about, Being Thankful for What You Have like, The Roof over Your Head (to protect you from Bad Weather); for Me, My very loving Dogs (they’ll hangout with you, You can love on them, and You can talk to them and They don’t judge!); My Readers as well (Because They keep Me writing) and, Finally, The Most Important Thing, Family because Family is all You have! Now, Do Remember that Thanksgiving is not all about Thank Yous but, also Giving, hence the name (In My View), Thanks-Giving. In other words, You give Thanks and Give to others as well. Also, Remember to give extra Thanks to God and Your Family if your going to be one of those People who are going to get up and Fight People to get a Good Deal at The Store or The Mall on Black Friday. But, all in all, here Thanksgiving is a day to Give Thanks and Spend Time with Family. Oh! and Some Good Turkey!




Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Give Thanks and Cherish What You have, This Thanksgiving. Also, it goes without saying, Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: