December 2, 2015

The Christianville Spirit: The Magic of December


The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Sparkles
December 2, 2015-TCS # 476

Happy December, My Readers! Wow! Can You believe that The Year is almost over?! and, What a Year it has been, but More on that after Christmas. It is that Time of Year again though! It is My Favorite Time of Year, The Month of December filled with Christmas Cheer, Christmas Music, Christmas Lights, and above all, Christmas Magic (And, Believe Me, It can happen!). I know I Write The Following Statement Every Year but, I Love December because of One Holiday, Christmas. I do however have a bit of Different Swing to My “Happy December” Newsletter. Now, I do have to be Honest before I hit the Excitement, This Year does feel a little off because My Brother is in Denver and The Distance is not easy. He will be coming down here for Christmas, so at least We will get to spend Quality Time with Him. Anyway, on to The Excitement. You Guys just do not Understand just How Exciting, This is to Me! The Lights, The Music, The Joy, The Cheer, The Sights, The Sounds, The Movies, and The Magic of Christmas! It makes me feel so Good inside! To Me, Christmas is not about The Gifts and Opening them, I was never one to get excited about Unwrapping Gifts, It took me a little time to get used to Santa but, I Love The Magic of Santa. I Love to see the Worshipping of Jesus’ Birth, If I could spend the Whole Month, Traveling The World and seeing how They celebrate, I would be One Happy Guy!
So, This Story has Two Parts, A Recent Story and A Background Story. You See, I went to Houston over Thanksgiving to see My Uncle Craig, since He is working down there, We decided to go visit him since We had not before. While We were There, on Thanksgiving Night in searching for Something to Do because otherwise, We were going to just drive Home, I thought, “Families go out on Thanksgiving Night to see Christmas Lights, right?” I guess it depends majorly what City that You are in, but Houston did it right! They had a “Christmas Lights on The Street Lighting” that Night and Bonus! It was down the way from Where We Were! So, We all hopped in The Car, Drove near The Houston Galleria area, and Walked to This Event. So, We stood there off on The Side and waited while My Uncle Craig parked the Car and Met Us. So, As We start walking, We can see Spotlights in The Air trying to get People to come see This Lighting Ceremony. Funny thing though and Here is The Background Story, Spotlights, when I was younger, used to startle me, I don’t remember exactly why. Secondly, I have tried several times to attend a “Christmas Lights Lighting”, Once in San Antonio with My Dad going to Christmas Lights on The Riverwalk, We ended up stuck in traffic trying to find a Parking Spot so, We just looked at it from The Road. My Mom and I tried it once at an area called The Shops at Legacy and We passed it as The Tree came on. So, This has never been done before and Knowing My Uncle, It will be Done in Style. My Uncle Craig (not to brag or anything!) but, He is One that Loves to be in Center of The Action in Life (When There is Something to Do, You do it because There is always Something to do) or as Center as He can get. Me? I’m more of a Person to watch things go on from The Sidelines. But, This Time was Different. So, We started walking on The Closed Street and getting closer to The Spotlights and Other Spotlights waving around at The Crowd. My Mom and I are wondering how far We were going to walk in to The Activity. Then, We got to The Spotlights and a Little past it and Found Our Watching Spot. We stood there, watching all the people and of Course, We were told that Santa would be there too and to look out for Him. I watched The People and then, looked up at The Crowd Spotlights and at One Point, They all pointed upward to The Sky looking for Santa. I did not see him because He was further down the street. After Santa came, The Crowd Spotlights turned back toward The Crowd. Then, I could hear a Distant countdown and I knew that The Lights were about to Come On. I heard up to about 7 or 6, before I joined in. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1! Yay! The Lights came on! They came on as Christmas Trees lining The Street! And, Then The Fireworks started. We had to move so that We could see them better. They were Awesome! I have to say, It was Really Awesome to “Ring in Christmas” like that and It was in a way, a Very Different Way of doing it. Because Normally, I would wait until December 1st to “Ring in Christmas” but, It was, in a Word, Unique to Ring in Christmas on Thanksgiving Night when People are just starting to go Black Friday shopping and People are already happy after Eating their Big Family Dinner. So, Why Not? Had it not been My Idea to do that, We probably would have to stayed at Uncle Craig’s Apartment, just hanging out. Good Call! Thank You Uncle Craig for walking us over there! All in all, There can be Christmas Magic, even in Simple Places.



Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. The Magic of Christmas is all around us!

No comments: