November 4, 2015

The Christianville Spirit: 10th Year Anniversary-Who I am and Who I have Become


The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Sparkles!
November 4, 2015-TCS # 472
(10th Anniversary Newsletter)

Happy 10th Anniversary, My Readers! Yes, That is Right, Officially I have been writing to You for 10 Years. Now, Most of You, especially Most of My PTLS Family, have not been with Me all these 10 Years, only because PTLS had not been named until 2007 and many had not been diagnosed yet. One PTLS Member put it in a bit of perspective for Me, as well My Neighbor across The Street. The Truth is, Most of My PTLS Family when I started writing, Had not even had Kids (or Dreamed of It, Either!) and Not even knowing that They could have a Rare Duplication that would change their Whole Life. My Neighbor told me that I was The Writer of PTLS, Before There even was a PTLS or Before PTLS got as Big as It is now. With that said though, My Own Life was Changed just as much as Most of My PTLS Family! Funny how that Happens, Right?! Anyway, Since 10 Years ago, I had a ton of Adventures that really defined My Life today. Among Them, and I will try My Best to Reference Them for You!, Potocki-Lupski Syndrome or PTLS was Named (Newsletter 37, March 2007); I was Photographed by a Fashion Photographer named Rick who now Photographs Those with Special Needs (Reference Newsletter Number 79, November 2007);  I got to Ride in Traffic Helicopter (Newsletter 75 and 74, October 2007), and Many others including going to Sweden and The UK. There were a few Sad Moments in My Newsletter History, Popi (My Mom’s Dad) past away in April of 2008; Our Dogs, Sophie (September 2008) and Mandy (October 2013) passed away, respectfully. The Most Scariest Moment for Me was what We refer to Notoriously as “The Storm without a Siren” (Newsletter 101; April 10th of 2008). In My Early Days of Writing, I did not a Scheduled Writing Time, so It started Sporadically. My Newsletter began with Writing like a Newspaper Stories from Christianville (which gave it a “Newspaper” Feel), It then moved on to “Personal News”, “Christianville/State News”, and “C. Metro Commentary” layout. After That, I started Writing a few Series about Life and Family Events. and, Finally, It turned into The Format that I use now. I have changed the Fonts of My Newsletter a couple times. At The Beginning of The Year, I always change My Tag Line which I came up with until a Few Years Ago when I ask My Readers for suggestions. Every Year, I must do what I now call “The Big Three”, a Christmas Newsletter; A Year-In-Review Newsletter, and a “Happy New Year!” Newsletter. I can see a lot of My Progress in The Content of My Newsletters when I go through My Newsletter Records. I have documented pretty much Everything important to Me in My Life and I am very proud of All My Writings!
As You can see a lot was Happened in Our Family (Smith and PTLS) and For Me and My Mom. Speaking of PTLS, We did not have an Official PTLS Conference until 2009 in Houston (in June of 2009), That actually was a Great Experience. Since then, I have appointed Myself (in the Most Humble Way) as The Ambassador of PTLS and have helped in the best way that I can with Spreading Awareness and Understanding Life with Potocki-Lupski Syndrome.
On a Personal Level, In The Time that I have been writing, I got a Job working as a “PlayBall Attendant” (Someone who greets People and Passes out Programs) at The Frisco Roughriders. Sometimes, I look back and Remember that, that was a Really Fun Job to do and I did it Very Well. Of Course, I have had 2 Girlfriends in My Life (One in My 10 Years of Writing), I did go to Homecoming (which is Sort of like Prom in Texas, It is a Very Big Deal!), and Now, In Terms of Love Life, I came up with My Soulmate’s Name, Bridgett, who I should be close to meeting hopefully soon if I have not already! It does make me wonder talking about All that I have Done, What will the Next 10 Years be like? All in all, This 10 Year Run has been awesome and I can not wait to see Where I am in the next 10 Years! I Thank You from The Bottom of My Heart for Joining Me in This Wild Journey! You Guys are Awesome and You keep me going!


Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Raise Your Glass and say “Cheers” (Skål, Salute, Salude). Happy 10th Year to All of Us!


No comments: