October 28, 2015

The Christianville Spirit: 10th Anniversary-Who I Was


The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Sparkles
October 28, 2015-TCS # 471

Hello, My Readers! It is that time of Year again, well, Actually that is What I would normally be writing about This Week considering that It is Halloween and I’m not much of a Fan, But, These Next Two Weeks are Very Special to Me! It is Special because This Sunday is The 10th Anniversary of My Newsletter, The Christianville Spirit. Yes, I can not believe it either, I have been writing this Newsletter since 2005 (Ten Years Ago!). You Know, It is Amazing to look at My Life at Where I was 10 Years Ago and More like, How have I changed since Then. So, Over My 10th Year Anniversary, I am going to Show You, The Me before and The Me Presently. In Many Ways, both personally and In My Newsletter I have changed. So, Let’s Jump into The History Books, Shall We?! (Tape Rewinding with Funny Noises) We come back on November of 2005. This was before My Theory about Bridgett, Before Carol Holiday, To The Beginning of My Newsletter. I was still in High School in a Repeat of 10th Grade which I called Grade 10.5. (Actually, Now that I am looking at My Records, I was just beginning My 11th Year of High School). Life was Great for Me, I had a Best Friend named Steven and Of Course, Karleen was One of My Best Friends too. I would go over to Steven’s House quite often to Play on The Computer or Video Games, We would sometimes go to Sunday School at The Church down the street from My House. Believe Me though, I was not as Social as I am Now. I believe Steven and I actually hung out more Outside of School that Summer. I Believe We actually started hanging out Outside of School The Year before. In Terms of Internet Social Life, At The Time There was Myspace but, There was not a Facebook then. Even so, I was not comfortable getting on What was then, Social Media. So, Instead I would sit on My Computer doing What was called AIM or America Online Instant Messenger. I wrote Like THIS, IN ALL CAPS, ALL THE TIME! I did not realize until My Childhood Friend told me that Writing in All Caps was considered Yelling or with a lot of Emphasis, Either Way I thought it was Cool to Write in All Caps because that was The Way I wrote in Handwriting. Somehow, looking on it now, I probably thought that If You wrote in All Caps in Handwriting, then You wrote it in Typing. At That Time, Technology was not so far then, Yes They had IPods but, I didn’t really need one because I could play CDs or Download The Music from The CD to My Computer. By The Way, My Mom and I figured that at the Time, Considering that I was a bit behind socially compared to My Peers in 11th Grade, Senior High School as It is referred to in Plano, It was Better to hold me back another year for 10th Grade, Hence The Term that Steven and I came up with as Grade 10.5 (or 10.5 Grade). That and It helped that I would also Graduate with My Brother instead of separately. Up to The Point, I had only 1 Girlfriend named Ali. I am not sure if I was ready yet for Dating or so. I tried Dating Ali at one time probably because I had a huge Crush on Her and It was The Second Time that I had a Crush on Her. I know this is hard to Believe but, Where Today I am 28 Years Old, I was 18 Years Old at That Time. I had just became an “Official Adult” which meant that My Mom and I had to get Guardianship to help take care of Me. At The Time, I had not Worked before, but The Next Year of 2006, that Summer I started working at the Local Baseball Field. As for The PTLS World, PTLS or Potocki-Lupski Syndrome was around but, It had not been named yet. It was then called “A Duplication of Chromosome 17”. At The Time, There were only a Few Families that had Kids with PTLS, This was before They were referred to as “PTLS Family Members”. With My Newsletter starting, My Mom told me that I should write a Blog as a Way to stay busy after High School, at the time, I was not as Comfortable about Writing Publicly yet, so I sent them out as an Email to Family and a Few Friends. Over Time, that would eventually grow and I started posting on a Yahoo 360! Social Media Site, a Year or so after, and Eventually leading to The Site where I presently Write Today. I wrote My Newsletter (or then, called a ‘Newspaper’) in sort of a Newsy Style, Writing The Date above and Location. The First Newsletter starts with The Date in Caps, “NOVEMBER 1, 2005” and Then, “DOWNTOWN CHRISTIANVILLE” as The Next Part. The Christianville Spirit, By The Way, I came up with along with Information about My Made-City of Christianville, Tennessee. I figured that The ‘Newspaper‘ of Christianville needed a Unique Name besides the Typical names for Newspapers and then, The Christianville Spirit was Born! All in all, That is Who I was back then and I had lots of Changes and Adventures ahead of Me! 





Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Change is Painful but, So is Sitting Still.   

No comments: