October 21, 2015

The Christianville Spirit: Back to The Future Day!



The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Sparkles
October 21, 2015-TCS # 470

Great Scott, My Readers! It is a Very Special Day Today! Very Special in terms of History. For Those of Us who grew up in The 90’s and Earlier, Today is The Day that The so-called “Future” becomes The Present! What I am referring to is of course, The Now Classic Movie, Back to The Future. It Is One of Many that are Classic Time Travel Movies that there have been in The Movie World. What is Funny about that, Is that Most Time Travel type of Movies deal with going into The Past. SPOILER ALERT Here! That was Back to The Future The Original. Where Today comes in is, in Back to The Future Part II(2) when Marty Mcfly and Doc come to The Future. You See, We kinda knew that Eventually That Movie would come to Today, People post about it on Facebook, All Freaking Out like “Today is The Day!” when it really is not. Don’t Believe Everything on The Internet People! But, Actually, Newsletter Day, Wednesday, October 21st, of 2015 is Actually The Day. It is Interesting to Study The Parallels of The Predictions of 2015 versus The Actual 2015. Now, Remember that 2015 (Written back then as Two-Thousand Fifteen, Where as Today it is said Twenty-Fifteen) was a Long Way into The Future. This is Majorly Considering that The Film was made back in 1989 and They were predicting something at least 30 Years ahead! Now, Some of the stuff like Jaws in It’s 17th Sequel was a Little Crazy, Flying Cars (We are Working on that!), Hover Boards (Didn’t You see Tony Hawk that One Time?!), 80’s Cafes (hmm..Sort of!), and Texaco still in Business (I am sure that We all thought that was Crazy too!). But, What about those Little Predictions like A Car for 999.99 (That is True!), Wearable Technology (Hello, Google Glass!), Picture in Picture with a Hundred Channels! (Oh You Betcha!), and Also, The Mentioning of The Chicago Cubs winning The World Series (Now, That actually could Happen!). A Side Note about that, The Cubs are actually in The Playoffs, which They have not won in a VERY Long Time! Now, Let’s Talk about Other Thoughts in This Movie , They predicted one of The Characters was going become The First Black Mayor. They were Close! Did We ever think back in The 90’s and Earlier that We would have a Black President? Most likely not! I am not trying to sound Offensive and I am Sorry if I do. Now, I know, I know, The President thing isn’t really working out as We had Hoped, perhaps We choose The Wrong Black President? Well, Regardless, The Day that happened I have to admit I was Pretty Excited about that. One Thing that They sort of mention in The Movie is How expensive Everything is, and Unfortunately that is True. I mean, Gasoline back in 1989 was like around a $1.00 per Gallon and Today, It is $1.85 a Gallon (It used to be more like, Over $3.00 A Gallon!). Technology was Most Certainly a Prediction! The Wearable Technology, Handheld Devices, Hundreds of Channels, and more. When I was growing up, We had Nintendo 64 and Outside. If You DID get on The Internet, You had to Sign In via a Phone Line and Hear the Awful-Screechy Noise then You were Online, Back then known as America Online or AOL for Short. Back Then, I never pictured any of Those Things I mentioned, that is except for Robots. Today, We have all sorts of Robots! On a Personal Level, I never thought that I would be where I am Today, As Social as I am (I used to anxious just to go to a School Dance!), Mature as I am, and Talking, while I did not do for a Very Long Time. Back then, in 1989 anyway, I was only 2 Years Old! I had not even been Diagnosed yet!  I was Just Me and I still think that! I’m sure My Mom never thought that She would be President of The PTLS Foundation because of Her 2-Year Old Son that would get Diagnosed later with Duplication 17p11.2, leading to Conferences, Meeting Families, and All the Way up to Where We are Today. So, Back to The Movie, After Today, “The Future” that They went to is actually going to become The Past! All in all, It leaves me to Wonder what The World will be like in another 30 Years, The Year 2045 and I will be 58 Years Old! Great Scott! That is a Scary thought!



Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. What do You think is In The Future for You?

No comments: