January 30, 2013

The Christianville Spirit: My View on The Internet


The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Fills Your Heart & Lifts You Up
January 30, 2013-TCS # 336

So, I have a new philosophy that I thought of, although it may or may not make sense, I think it will in the end. You See, Since I have became more social over the years, I have more reliance on The Internet like Facebook and Of Course, My Own Newsletter. I’ve learned alot about The Internet, like how things works, Google Maps‘ Street View, Social-Networking, and Watching Videos on YouTube. So, How does this come in with My Philosophy? Well, I believe that in a weird sense, The Internet is just Air. By That, I mean, The Internet isn’t something that is right in front of You in Real Life, the only case being that it is in front on your computer or in your hand (like an IPhone or Smartphone) because it is just technology. I’m amazed at when I watch YouTube Videos and Read Comments on other people’s YouTube Channels, how much something like “Cyber Bullying” can hurt someone via The Internet or “Just Air” versus in real life. I’ve heard that it actually hurts more on The Internet than in person. Wouldn’t it be a Wonderful World if People would be kinder to each other. Like, just because someone can’t sing well, doesn’t mean you have to post something ugly. Another Thing that amazes me is how people become “Viral Sensations” overnight. I like to point out a recent famous person as an example. See, there is a Girl who lives here in Dallas named Laina. One Night, she decided to make one of the most creepy looking faces on a Webcam and posted it on The Internet. Little Did she know that overnight, probably while she was sleeping, she got the nickname, “The Overly-Attached Girlfriend” and created something that in Internet Terms is a Meme. By The Way, a “Meme” is where people take a Screen Shot of You, Place Text (which can be funny or harmful, depending on who it is) over the picture, and post it on The Internet. Anyway, After living her daily life, she got online and found an enormous amount of Emails, Messages, and Facebook Requests from people who called her, “The Overly-Attached Girlfriend.” After that, she became famous and started doing parodies of Justin Bieber songs as well as Others. Now, She’s doing good with it because she raises money and donates it. It amazes me because You can post something that you think is funny, your thoughts on something, or a video about a Random part of your life on The Internet, go to sleep, have your normal routine, and then, get on The Internet and find that a ton of People like what you said or did. In Other Words, Many Things can happen “In the Air” before you even realize that it’s happening. If You posted a Dating Profile on a Dating Website, You may have a few takers by the next time you get online. People get on Dating Site and sift through dozens of Profiles and they find “The One.” All in The Air called The Internet, next thing you know Fall in Love and One Day, they decided to meet in Person and that’s when it becomes Reality. All in all, The Next Time you get on The Internet, remember that it is just air between People. So, make it Clean Air.



Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Fill Your Eyes and Ears with Clean Air!        

No comments: