January 2, 2013

The Christianville Spirit: Happy New Year 2013


The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Fills Your Heart & Lifts You Up
January 2, 2013-TCS # 332

Hello Again, My Readers! Welcome to Another Year of Exciting, Thrilling, Educational, and yes, Entertaining Newsletter. But, First Off, Happy New Year! And, Welcome to 2013! I hope that this year is a Wicked Awesome Year filled with Joy, Moving Forward, and Love (or whatever your aspirations are this year). So, as 2013’s New Tag Line implies, This Year’s Newsletters will “Fill Your Heart” and “Lift You Up.” By The Way, Before we get started, After Great Consideration of Suggestions and All were good, I Decided give credit to those who made this tag line possible. That would be Family Friend, Greg Simpson and PTLS Family Member, Stacey Brooks and Of Course; My Brother, Michael, who mixed the two, creating the first double-tag line of this newsletter. With all that said, on we go. So, Having Special Needs comes with something that all of us have to deal with, both the “Unique” person themselves, as well as Family & Friends. Although it is hard to admit, or at least for me, I need something called Adaption and Adjusting. Now, Adaption is a normal thing when it comes to having Special Needs when doing activities. But, I’m talking about the kind of Adaption that happens when you get out of your normal routine and element like going on a vacation, to a Family Members House, or a Friend’s for a Sleep Over. Now, I’ll tell you in some cases it’s easy for the “Unique” person like me to adapt to places as long I have structure and most importantly, knowing what the rules are. But, what about places where there isn’t structure, routine, or I have to learn their rules. However, when I get into a situation where there isn’t routine like Vacation, The Beach, or Summer Camp, I get confused and often Overwhelmed. Most of the Time, When I have no routine, People try asking if I need anything, like a pillow, blankets, or something to eat, but I don’t know how to explain or express myself to get what I need or do I know what I need. It’s easier for me and causes less stress when the people around me know what I need or know how to handle me. It is hard for me to explain when I do not know what I want. I just know how I feel inside, and I feel very confused and overwhelmed. So the lack of structure, routine, or too much activity going on around me is not good for me. So, all in all, be careful during Holidays, Vacations, or Outings since many PTLS kids need rules and structure to be able to focus and have a good time. We just need to be Understood!

Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. To Enjoy Life, Sometimes We need Structure and Routine.      

No comments: