December 27, 2012

The Christianville Spirit: Christian's Year-in-Review 2012


The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Opens Your Eyes
December 27, 2012-TCS # 331

 Well, My Readers, it turns out The World didn’t end Last Friday, so We’re still here! So, with that said I hope it didn’t freak you out too much about The End of the World however, a PTLS Family Member put it best, “Maybe it was the Mayans version of April Fools Day?” So, we’ll go with that. So, back to regularly scheduled newsletter writing. Anyway, We here at The Christianville Spirit as well as The World itself has had quite a year, if there was one word to describe this year if I polled everyone I know, they would say, “Strange”. To tell you the truth, it kinda was a strange year but, then again, the planets of the Solar System alined and for those who live up north, as far as Canada or Norway & Sweden, had quite a show. So, Every Year, I do what I call, “Christian’s Year-in-Review” because I love Year-in-Reviews. So, I feel the need to do one. So, without further a due, This is Christian’s Year-in-Review 2012. So, with all years, we start in January. The beginning of January 2012, in the news, The Nation of Iran threatened to close down The Straight of Hormuz, which is a major oil shipping line that goes between Iran and The United Arab Emirates. In the United States, The bills, SOPA and PIPA, which were bills relating to The Internet were angering people and caused the website, Wikipedia to go black in Protest of it on January 18. On February 11, Pop Star, Whitney Houston passed away of a Drug Overdose at Age 48. On February 22, I decided to go up to where My Brother goes to school at The University of North Texas, which was quite an experience. Among the many groups that I saw, now that I think of it, are probably moving to Colorado or Washington State because they wanted Marijuana legalized. In March was in my view, a special event happened on the 15th (before St. Patrick’s Day, that’s how I remember it) I met someone who is now My PTLS Sister, Danielle. I was very happy to meet someone who also had PTLS that I could talk to and relate to. When I first met her, I referred to her as “My New Friend, Danielle”, now she is “My PTLS Sister, Danielle.” In the News, on March 21, Travon Martin was shot by George Zimmerman, as a result one of the Police Officers there decided to step down. In International News, Russia’s President Vladimir Putin won Russia’s Presidential Election on March 4. In April, I got to meet another PTLS Family Member who was one of the first families that was diagnosed in the Dallas-Fort Worth Area. So, now there is a PTLS Family Member close to Home. In the News, on March 12, North Korea wanted to launch what they said was a “Satellite” in honor of their founder’s 100th Birthday and the launch failed. The Month of May was a personal-filled month. In May, I had My Upper GI Procedure and My 2nd Swallow Study. They found that I have slow emptying of my stomach and I clear my throat because I have a delayed swallow and hypersensitive nerves in the back of my throat. Here at The Christianville Spirit, we celebrated My 300th Newsletter and The “I Believe In Love” campaign. June, in Personal News, I wrote a really good newsletter about an Interview I had with My Brother about his view of PTLS. I would really recommend it for a read when you have nothing to do or something to read, over and over. The month ended with a “Foster Dog” whose name has changed 3 times and ended with “Sadie-Good Lord.”  In The News, on June 2, Former Egyptian President Mubarak was sentenced to Life in Prison. July, for me was a busy month, on the weekend of July 12-14 was the 2nd PTLS Conference in Houston, Texas and which was really fun and I got to meet new PTLS Family Members including My “Museum Buddies”, Ken & Sabrina Lu. In the News, was the 30th Olympic Games in London, United Kingdom, going from July 27-August 12 and also, on July 20, A guy went in to a Movie Theater in Aurora, Colorado during the showing of Batman: The Dark Knight Rises and shot people. In August was My 25th Birthday and on My Birthday, My Mom and I went to go see the “World’s Largest Peanut” in Durant, Oklahoma. My Neighbors, Robin and Woody threw me a Surprise Party on My Birthday which I didn’t know about because I thought it was going to be just us, it was Awesome! On the week of August 18-25, We drove to Atlanta for My Birthday Trip, we got to hang out with the Smith Family and PTLS Family Members. In The News, Presidential Candidate, Mitt Romney chose running mate, Paul Ryan on My Birthday, August 11.  September was a Quiet Month, the biggest events that happen to me personally was that My Mac Computer crashed due to the motherboard crashing. On September 15, My Mom, My Brother, and I went to the Red Bull Soapbox Derby which was really fun and it was funny to watch. In Mid-September, A gunmen stormed a US Embassy in Libya and Killed the Ambassador. There was a lot of uproar about it and what they should have or shouldn’t have done. In October, In Personal News, I went to The Dentist and I didn’t gag, like I usually do. I wrote about it in one of My Newsletters about Anxiety. On October 26, We Celebrated My Brother, Michael’s 24th Birthday; it was a lot of fun. In The News, October was a month of Presidential Debates to decide who was going to be President of The United States. There were three debates, on the 3rd, 16th, 22nd respectively. October didn’t end very well, in the news, because Hurricane Sandy or “Super Storm Sandy” as Weather Forecasters called it, hit Atlantic City and up the Jersey Shore as well as New York City where part of the city’s subway system was flooded and shut down. So, people had to ride the bus or drive across the bridge with no less than 4 people in a car; Even if you were strangers. On November 15, My Mom was awarded “Outstanding Instructor of The Year” at Collin College on the Continuing Education Side. As a Result, She had her face on the cover of the Continuing Education Catalogue on November 27. During November 16-20 was the 7th Annual Christian’s Best Friends‘ Festival in Christianville. In The News, Barack Obama won The US Presidential Election. I should note though that Obama only won the Electoral College and Mitt Romney won the Popular Vote. After the election, General Petraeus resigned from The CIA due to an affair that he had with someone. And, Finally, we come to December, My Favorite Month of Year. On December 2 which was the same night as the Special Friends Dinner was the famous, what we now call, “The Monica Miracle” where Uncle Scott’s Niece, Monica, got a new pair of lungs. Now, I have to say that, that is the Best Christmas Present, anyone could ask for. In The News, Right before Christmas, there was a shooting at an elementary school in Connecticut which was really horrible to hear about. And, finally this past weekend, we drove to Atlanta to go see the Smith Family and that is always fun to do. Anyway, to wrap it up all up, I had a good year and I hope you did too. If your still reading at this point, I congratulate You because this is a long newsletter to read and yes, even long for me to write. So, all in all, 2012 was a good year and one thing, I’m happy for is that we got to live through it when we thought that The World was going to end like The Mayans said, but like I said in the beginning, We’re still here!


(For the last time in 2012)

Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. I hope you had an awesome 2012 and I’ll see you back here for another year of Exciting, Thought-Provoking, Life Learning, and Yes, an occasional touching newsletter in 2013.

No comments: