December 12, 2012

The Christianville Spirit: A Christmas Miracle


The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Opens Your Eyes
December 12, 2012(12-12-12)-TCS # 329

So, Around This Time of Year, I usually write about how much I love Christmas, however I usually write on the week of Christmas, but under Special Circumstances that I feel the need to tell you about something that has touched me this year. You See, There is something that happens in the Christmas Season that occurs once-in-a-blue-moon. For those that pay more attention to it, they’ll tell you that it happens all the time but, however, the only time you realize it, is when it happens close to home to someone you know. What I’m Talking about is the Christmas Miracle, meaning a Miraculous thing that happens that either you’ve always wanted, something you would never expect, or just a pure coincidence. Now, I don’t believe in “Pure Coincidences” but, depending on the Context of it, it is. Anyway, People think of Christmas Miracles in different ways, it can be something like Finally having your children in your custody for Christmas, Meeting the Right Person, or even something as simple as buying the year’s hottest toy (which is the “New Furby”) on Christmas Eve, if you get the Movie Jingle All The Way Reference. Yes, I’m all about Movie References, but anyway. A Family Friend of Ours, We call him “Uncle Scott” because he was there when I was born, back in the time when we were living in San Antonio. Anyway, He has a niece named Monica who lives in North Carolina, little known to me, she had Cystic Fibrosis and she had been waiting for new lungs over the past several years. Well, on the evening of December 2, she had got the call to come down to The Hospital because they had new lungs for her. She was all prepped and ready to go into surgery around 4 AM on December 3. Against all odds, Monica had her Christmas Miracle of all Christmas Miracles; a New Set of Lungs, ones that she had been waiting for her whole life, and not only that but, a New Life. As I told “Uncle Scott” that night that I told him that I believed that Monica was reborn. Truth be told, She was reborn, literally, because she was given a second life to live and I know that she WILL make the best of it. Honestly, I can’t wait to see the pictures of her in all parts of The World. Now, I don’t know what Monica’s interests and specialities are, but If I were her, that’s what I would do. I’ll also add this that I told “Uncle Scott” that if Monica asks who gave them to her, I would say to tell her that Santa Claus gave it to her, then she’ll never-ever stop believing in Santa and after all, “Seeing is Believing” as they say in The Polar Express (Yes, Ladies and Gents. Another Movie Reference). Just because You can’t see Santa, doesn’t mean he’s not there because as I see it, He’s always there..whether you believe in him or not. So, I’m going to leave off with this.. as the Santa told us at the Radio City Rocketts‘ Christmas Spectacular, that when searching for The Perfect Gift, as Santa says, “The Gift Finds You.” So, it goes without saying that, The Perfect Christmas Gift found Monica and As far as I know, she is doing excellently well. All in all though, Christmas is what you make of it and sometimes, on those once-in-a-blue-moon times, the Christmas Miracle and Perfect Gift catches You, and Christmas.. it makes you.
    


Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Be the Miracle in someone’s life and Celebrate the Miracle of You.


    

No comments: