December 19, 2012

The Christianville Spirit: Why I Love December


The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Opens Your Eyes
December 19, 2012-TCS # 330

 Okay, Everyone, It’s that Time of Year again. Well, As Promised, This Week, I was going to write on why December is My Favorite Time of Year as Part of My Christmas Newsletter. So, without further a due..Here it goes. I Love the Month of December because of one thing, Christmas, and not just Christmas but all that is associated with it. I mean, who wouldn’t, You have Christmas Music, Lights, Movies, and above all, Cheer. And, Yes even a little Christmas Miracle or two. I love this time of year because Everyone is always so happy (well, not Everyone but I wish) during this time of year. It’s a very peaceful time of year when you make it more about Family and the Birth of Jesus than Presents. Now, contrary to what People say, You still should include Santa Claus because not only is He the Spirit of Christmas but, also a Sign of Love as well. I also love the Christmas Music that plays on the radio or on your own device, In my case, it’s both. Now, as a bit of advice, as joyful as it is, don’t listen all the time because by the time Christmas DAY comes, your burned out from it. Then, comes the biggest part, The Lights. These Days, I always could figure out the trend in how people decorate, but it’s not always about the trend, like all colored light, all white lights, or fancy decorating. the light can, believe it or not, bring you peace. This Year, I decided to put up Lights in the Hallway, along with My Brother’s “Art Gallery.” We hadn’t put them there before because we didn’t want to disturb his art. But, one day, My Mom was having a Bad Day and I decided to surprise her with the lights, to cheer her up. Well, It did Cheer her up but, in a way, it was good for me also. The Reason is because I have a little peaceful moment right before I go to bed. You See, the lights in the hallway and the lights on the Christmas Tree are the same multi-colored lights. However, After I’ve shut down My Computer and turned off the Television, I look at the lights on both ends of the house and it brings me peace. I think, “It’s just Me and The Lights.” A Weird thought, I know, but if you were in my Christmas-Loving Shoes, you would be at peace too. Anyway, then, there’s the “Monica Miracle” that touched me because I’ve never seen such a big True Miracle occur in My Life. Then, there was a moment that made me remember why I love Christmas. So, My Mom and I go to this “Special Friends‘ Dinner” that the big church of Plano holds for the Special Needs Community on the same night of the “Monica Miracle” (that’s how I remembered the date, because we went to that dinner that evening). Anyway, we went with Our Neighbors Paulie and Alyson. By The Way, his name is actually Paul but, that’s what Woody calls him. Anyway, There was a Grandmother who sat next to us and I talked to her a couple times, helping her in any way I could considering she had brought her 3 Grandchildren. Anyway, to put it shortly, these kids had a rough year this past year but, You should have seen their Faces when Santa Claus came out, I Believe that, that figure of speech, “They lit up like a Christmas Tree” is very appropriate here because that describes what their faces looked like. Some people say that if You want to see the True Spirit of Christmas, Look at a child or even talk to a child about Christmas and Santa Claus. And, of course, if you actually see a person who looks a lot like Santa Claus, you too have the right to get excited about it like the Kids do. Just make sure though not to get too excited, to where you end up on YouTube. So, Bottom Line here, I just love Christmas and I have a Christmas District in Christianville to prove it. I just hope that when I meet the Girl of My Dreams, that she loves Christmas as much as I do. All in all, Christmas is a cheerful time of year and you don’t have to “Survive” it, You should love it and enjoy it, no matter if it is Perfect or imperfect.




Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Merry Christmas-Hanukah-Kwanza From The Christianville Spirit 

   

No comments: