January 23, 2013

The Christianville Spirit: A Day Trip to Central Texas


The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Fills Your Heart & Lifts You Up
January 23, 2013-TCS # 335

So, Early in the week, My Mom came up with a really good idea. To take a little weekend trip somewhere that ended becoming a Day Trip, and she brought up the idea of going to San Antonio. You See, As You’ve read many times, I love to go on drives, whether it is on a New Road, Through a New Neighborhood, or to a place we’ve never gone before. So, My Mom’s Original Plan was to drive down to San Antonio, which is a 5 Hour Drive from Dallas, to go see my old doctor and a few friends. But, on Friday, we learned that it didn’t pan out the way we wanted but, we still wanted to go for a drive. So, My Mom decided, “Let’s go see a few PTLS Families!” and My Mom texted 2 of them, One from Austin and the other from the Killeen-Fort Hood Area to see if they wanted to hang out; the one in Austin said that their kids were sick and couldn’t make it. But, the one from Killeen-Fort Hood (we’ll call her, “Mary S.”) said, “Come On!”. So, Late Sunday Morning, My Mom and I drove down to go see them. On the way, we took our time so, I could see lots of New Roads, New Road Signs, and Re-live a couple memories, because I-35 was the road we took to meet halfway with My Dad, back when I was going to San Antonio. I noticed for one that they are in the process of widening I-35 nearly all the way down to the Temple-Belton area. I did see a cool silo structure in a Rest Area that they were building along the highway. I also noticed, the widened highway south of Waco (which used to be two lanes each way) like most Interstates in the country. Anyway, We got to where they live in about 3 Hours and We went into their house and hung out with them until dinner time. I like to say that this trip was a mark in History because it was the first time that we’ve ever been to a PTLS Family Member’s House and it was delightful. I loved the fact that they welcomed us into Their Home and let us observe their Daily Life. Although, We are very sweet and classy people as well as they are, but I personally, am honored that I was welcomed in to their home. The Reason being because it’s a big step to even let people that you’ve only met a few times into your home, but then again, that’s just me. After we were there a while, we decided to go to Dinner with them and funny enough, we went to one of the restaurants that they normally go to. I do have to tell you though, it was very nice restaurant, it was an Authentic Italian Restaurant and it was very good. We had some nice dinner conversation and enjoyed each other’s company. After Dinner, we walked back to their house and then, hung out for a couple minutes and then, headed out. Thank You Mary S. for letting us hang out with you, coming to your house, and going to Dinner with You! On the Way Home, I got to see something really cool. Now, I know that the Dallas Area is My Home, but Sometimes, seeing the skyline of the city is something that is really cool. The thing about Downtown Dallas is 2 Things, the first being considering that I live on the North Side of Dallas, I don’t get to see the best view of Dallas, which is coming up on I-35 into Downtown. The second is that, about 2 years ago, they build this hotel called “The Omni Hotel” which is really cool because it has lights that make up an image. The best time to see these “Image Lights” is at night, and it’s not the best thing to be in South Dallas at night, however on the way home I finally got to see the lights. Now, for the passengers it’s amazing to look at but, if your a driver, I’ll warn you now, it’s very distracting when your trying to keep your eyes on the road, but there is this bright lit building in the center of the Dallas Skyline that catches your eye. Anyway, it was really awesome for me to see it though. All in all, it was an awesome Day Trip to do and it was really nice to see Mary S. and her family again.



Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Make the Best of a Day Trip. Take in the sights and Visit with Great People.

No comments: