October 3, 2012

The Christianville Spirit: My Obsessions


The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Opens Your Eyes
October 3, 2012-TCS # 319

So, Before I begin This Week’s Newsletter, I should mention that I finally got My Computer back! I didn’t lose anything I left on it. It turned out that the covering on both sides of the computer needed to be changed. So, with that being said, on to the newsletter. So, There’s a PTLS Trait that I have but, I’m not sure I have mentioned before and I think needs mentioning, It’s called Obsession (or OCD). Obsession is one of the many PTLS Traits that we PTLSers have including, Imitation, Lack of Filter, Anxiety, and Seeing only the Good in People. However, sometimes, Obsession can get you in trouble, as I’ve learned. You See, Obsession is one of those things that you, yourself don’t realize your doing it but, others watching can tell that you are. Anyway, Obsession, depending on what it’s about, can be a good thing or bad thing. And Believe Me, we obsess and compulse (or OCD) about various things. We have OCD about an Object (like for me that was a Map), a Thing, A Behavior or Thought, and also People. For instance, whenever I start dating or liking someone, My Friends & Family hear about them, constantly. Everything that that person is doing or does. So, usually what happens as “The Stages of Obsession.” First Stage is the beginning of the thought of that thing that enters your mind and you think about it over and over. the Next Stage is when you get curious; if it’s a behavior, you’ll start wanting to do that behavior; if it’s a person, you’ll start to mention their name in every sentence. The 3rd Stage, is investigating, where you start gathering any information or research about that thought, which is now an Obsession. After you’ve gathered all the information, you share it with everyone. The 4th Stage, is that you get Obsessed about it; where it’s the only thing on your mind and the only major thing that you discuss with Everyone because it keeps your interest. As far as a current Obsession it was about a girl but it was short lived, who I went to Elementary School with, back when I was crushing on Lynee. I decided to do a, “Where are they now?” discovery on Facebook a couple days ago of Friends I went to Elementary School with, and In my luck, I found one of the girls that I was in 5th Grade with named Hayley. So, I typed her name and found her on Facebook. I can tell you, her appearance hasn’t changed and she’s still as pretty as she was before. She lives in another city now, She lives in Austin (The State Capitol of Texas) and she is an artist. Anyway, the next day I googled her and found quite an Internet Presence of her. By the way, Internet Presence is my term for how often someone appears on the internet and how many sites that they are on. I found all her art pictures and I took a look at some of them and most of them were good. It was interesting to see where she was after all these years. After finding that, I shared it with My Mom and some with My Brother.  So, after finding her and seeing what she’s doing with her life, My Mind jumped to being friends with her again, meeting up with her, and doing a friendly reunion. But, as much I really wanted to reconnect with Hayley, something (My Gut, Lynee, and My Mom) told me not to get involved because I didn’t have an “Emotional Connection” with her as much I did with childhood friends of higher roles like The Herrick Girls, The Barsis, or The Hoopers. In my further research, the other day, I realized I wasn’t really that social back in 5th Grade as I am now. I mean, I could talk, just not clearly enough for people to understand me. As far as Hayley was concerned, I don’t think I connected with her back then, she was more of a classmate. I connected more with people like Lynee or Hanna, by the way Lynee was in 4th Grade and Hanna was 5th Grade. Because I sat next to them everyday and they learned to understand my speech, so they could understand me. It’s amazing to see where I am as well as Everyone Else. Most People back then would never think that I would be the Social butterfly that I am today. All in all, It’s fun to catch up with everyone, I just have to make sure that I don’t Obsess too much about it.



Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Catching up with The Past is great, but don’t get stuck on it.   

No comments: