October 17, 2012

The Christianville Spirit: Travelling with Street View



            This is one of My Favorite Views of the Atlanta Skyline. To Me, it's screams
          "Welcome to Atlanta!" for all the people coming into Atlanta from Alabama or
                                                                 Western Georgia


The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Opens Your Eyes
October 17, 2012-TCS # 321

 So, As most of you know, I love to cyber travel, whether it is down the street or across the country. I used to love traveling on Street View on My Ipad when I got bored or when I felt like it. However, having an Apple Device, like all computers and devices, need to be updated every now and then. I remember when I had a PC, on Windows Vista and it would pop up and tell me I had a minute to close and save everything before it restarted and updated. However, luckily Apple is different in that sense. However, I didn’t realize that this new update would cause the one thing I LIVE for to go away, Google Street View on My Ipad. Now, don’t get me wrong, I love Apple and it’s Products for many reasons, like the Macs don’t get viruses and Ipads/IPods/IPhones are easy to figure out (once you get the hang of it). By Now though, I’m used to not having Street View on IPad, although I’m still waiting for a miracle from the programmers. But, when it happened, it was so frustrating because I lost the thing that I used my ipad the most for, Street View. On the bright side, Street View is and forever will be on My Computer and that really helps. When I was watching the news, I saw on the ticker that Google Street View had added 240,000 Miles of Road across The World! I read yesterday that it was the largest update in Street View History. So, I figured I would test it to see where the new Street View was, so I picked a spot nearby My Grandma Honey’s House, I found that they had what I call, “Clarity.” And I know your asking, what is “Clarity”? Well, back when Street View first started in Early 2007, they used 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Generation cameras to drive on the road and take pictures. It was a big deal back then because you could see everything in detail, the road signs, store signs, the list goes on.. So, around 2010, they started taking pictures with 4th & 5th Generation Cameras, which made the picture much, much clearer. To describe it, would be like sitting on top of the car and seeing everything as if you were there. That’s why I call it, “Clarity.” So, anyway, slowly but surely, Google has added “Clear-as-day Street View” across the country. So, when the “Clarity Street View” reached the Atlanta Area, they only stayed within the City Center as well as certain highways and roads like the Vinings area and along The Perimeter (or I-285 to non-locals). Now however, they’ve added not only roads in areas like Buckhead and Outside The Perimeter (OTP as Atlantans call it) but, across the State of Georgia! To me, it’s really exciting when they add new “Clarity” to the roads of the country. So, being the person I am, I checked out all the areas in, around, and outside of Atlanta. I discovered that you can drive in “Clear View” on I-20, all the way to the Alabama Border when it used to stop at I-285 (The Perimeter). So, although it is not on My Ipad, which still annoys me sometimes, Thank God, it’s on My Computer. All in all, I love to travel the world! I’ll be coming to your area soon. 




Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Travel the World, it’s full of Adventure!     

No comments: