October 10, 2012

The Christianville Spirit: OCD & Me


The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Opens Your Eyes
October 10, 2012-TCS # 320

So, I’m sure for most of you, Last Week’s Newsletter left you hanging about what else I obsess and OCD about. So, for this week’s Newsletter, I’m going to continue on the things that I have OCD about. Now, to assure you, I have OCD about more things than just girls or a specific one. I do OCD about other things, some of them you might consider minor and some are more Major, to the point of where I can’t function unless it’s done. Now, I’ll tell you, that’s not as extreme like touching a door handle 5 times in a row. So, I’ll start with when I watch TV; First is that I’m a Control Freak so, I have to have control of the TV, so I make sure that I have the remotes next to me or near me so that I know where they are. The Weird thing about it is that I like to stack the remotes on top of each other so, it’s easier to know which one I need or just to know that they are near me. Sometimes, while I’m watching TV or even listening to the radio, I have a thing about the Volume Number. Whether it’s on the TV or Radio, it has to be that number, for example usually the volume on our TV sits about 20(the volume on the TV isn’t as great, so that’s the why number is high) and when raising it I find a number close to it like 20, 22, 25, 27, and 30. And, when I go to sleep, I turn the volume down to 5 so, I don’t hear it in My Room if the door is open. For Radio, which I don’t have to use that high of numbers, I like it to be at 5 if you want to talk while listening to the radio; 7, 10,12 if it’s a really good song and 3 if you just want to talk. The next one is more major, I have to make sure that things are organized and organized in a certain way. Like My Room is very clean and Everything is put in it’s place and has a place. If it’s not, then it feels out of order. An example is that I have a lot of Travel Books and Maps. So, I organized my Travel Books on my shelf by the region. Like they start Local and The West. And, then go from there to Arkansas, Tennessee & Kentucky, Chicago, Canada, New York City & New York State (and, there is a different between them), Montreal, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine. From There, I go down to the Caribbean and then, to The UK and Roma (Rome in Italian). As You can tell from My Writing, I like it write in capital letters, even though I understand English grammar and Writing rules. You may call this, Passive-Aggressive like My Teachers would tell me, but It’s the way I like to write. The next thing that I OCD about, is the time I get up, the time I eat, or the time I go to bed. For Getting Up, I have to get up at a time ending in 5 (It’s On The 5’s!, as My Brother would say) like :05, :15, :25, :35, :45, and :55. If I miss a 5 by a minute or wake up at a different number, I wait until the next 5. When I was in school I would get up at 7:56 every morning which was not on the 5’s but I was able to do it. As for when I eat, I usual eat anywhere from 5:30 to 6. And, going to sleep, If I know I have to get up early, I’ll go to bed on a 5 as well, which would be something like 12:30AM or 1. Usually, I go to bed at 2. Just so you know, this doesn’t stop My Life, I can be flexible when I need to be. Sometimes, Anxiety slips in when I’m OCDing about things like Events of the Next Day or Next Week, like Doctor’s Appointments, Going somewhere special, or having to do something I’m not sure about. Because I stay focused on it too long, the Anxiety builds and it can make me sick to my stomach. Once the event gets going, then I’m just fine. All in all, I OCD about many things and it may slow it down but, it’s doesn’t completely stop My Life.



Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Keep Moving through Life and Don’t let anything or anyone Stop You.

No comments: