October 31, 2012

The Christianville Spirit: A Look through My Eyes


The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Opens Your Eyes
October 31, 2012-TCS # 323

So, Happy Halloween, Everyone! Halloween is not really my favorite holiday but, Happy Halloween anyway. So, there’s something I haven’t mentioned in a while about Having PTLS. You See, it came with a question when My Mom was talking with her friend about her concern if I could see in 3D or Not. I thought to myself, “Do I see in 3D?” and “What is 3D?”. As far as I knew, it was a type of movie and I know when I see those kind of movies, it hurts my eyes. Well, the truth is that I never really thought of it. I mean, I didn’t really know the meaning of “Can I see in 3D?” Well, the thing of it is, is that we PTLSers have vision problems sometimes. Like when lights are flashing like a Strobe Light or flashes of light on TV, it bothers my eyes and I squint, and when I was younger, I would cover my eyes with my arm. The sunlight would really bother me when I was younger, to the point where it would make me close my eyes. Now, I have 2 pairs of Glasses that I switch out, I have my sunglasses for the daytime and Prescription   Glasses for inside and at nighttime. The Prescription Glasses are so I can see far away better. When I was Young, the eye doctor told My Mom that I was not able to pick up 3D images and had poor depth perception. It has only been recently that I have become aware of what this all means. Here’s an example; So, When My Brother took me to school with him, I was looking at different art pieces in the Art Hall of where he was. People had to make figures from wire without cutting it and I was looking for My Brother’s Project and I had a hard time seeing the object that was made out of the wire, Because the object was in 3D. So, a couple years ago, there was an event that was in 3D on TV which required that you had to get 3D glasses to watch this. When I put the glass on, it bothered me because one side I saw red and other side I saw blue. So, it didn’t make sense to me that these were red and blue  and it didn’t help with what I was looking at. My Mom used to say that when I was younger, I would stare at a shelf on a wall and look at it from all angles, studying very hard. She would wonder how I was seeing it, since I wasn’t talking yet and I couldn’t tell her what I was doing. Another Example is when My Mom and I drove to Houston for a PTLS Conference, My Mom noticed a building that she was fascinated by in Downtown Houston, she pointed it out to me but, I couldn’t understand she was so excited because to me it looked like a flat building. All in all, Vision is a crazy thing because you never know how you see things is how others see things.



Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Take a look through My Eyes. You’ll be another world! 

No comments: