December 29, 2010

The Christianville Spirit: Christian's Year-In-Review 2010

The Christianville Spirit

The Spirit that Inspires You

December 29, 2010- TCS # 230


Ok, Everyone, it’s that Time of Year again, New Years and A Tradition that I’ve been doing for 3 Years here at The Christianville Spirit. You See, In 2007 as My Newsletter grew I decided that I would join in to one of my favorite things to watch on New Year’s Eve, The Year-In-Reviews. I decided to start writing Year-In-Reviews because first of all it was my last newsletter of the year and it seems appropriate. Also, I think it’s fun to refresh your memory of the Year’s Past before the New Year. Anyway, this is My Year-In-Review that I like to call, “Christian’s Year-In-Review”. So, without further a due, this is “Christian’s Year-In-Review 2010”. Now, 2010 was in many ways A crazy year, both in Good Ways and in Bad Ways. There were quite a bit of Awesome Things that happened this year that I won’t forget. So, as with every year, we begin in January 2010, the beginning of the 2010’s Decade. On January 20, I saw a Commercial for the now hit MTV Show, The Buried Life. Now, for those of you who don’t know what this show is about, It’s about 4 Young Guys who made a list of 100 things that they wanted to do before they die and along with doing their things, They also helped others with what was on their list. Also in January, to everyone’s shock was the famous Haiti Earthquake that rocked what is said to be one of the World’s Poorest Countries. I didn’t really know that Haiti got earthquakes because it was in the Caribbean but, it is along the fault line of The North American and Caribbean Plate. On January 28, I got my echocardiogram which I was both excited and nervous about but, it was really cool because I got to see “The Very Thing that Keeps My Alive”. In February, It was very snowy both here in Plano and Other Places. The first snowstorm that happened on the night of February 5 going into February 6 that I actually can’t believe I didn’t write about was the famous snowstorm that Weather Forecasters called “Snowmageddon”. Also, some people called it “The Blizzard of 2010”. Anyway, there are 2 reasons why they called it that. Because first off it hit an area (Washington DC, Baltimore, and Philadelphia) that doesn’t get that much snow as often as New York City or Boston. To make it worse, the next week another blizzard or as they call a “Nor’Easter” hit the same area that the last one did. In Fact, with this “Snowmageddon” Series, it broke many cities‘ Snowiest Winter on Record. So, here are the cities and their new records:

  • Philadelphia, PA with 78 Inches
  • Baltimore, MD with 77 Inches
  • Washington DC with 56 Inches
  • Wilmington, DE with 72 Inches
  • Atlantic City, NJ with 58 Inches

So, as you can tell it Snowed A LOT in that Area. Actually, that is not the only place it snowed a lot because on February 10, it snowed 9 to 12 Inches in Dallas during what I called “The All-Star Historic Snow Storm”. Anyway, in March, My Brother and I went to Myerson Symphony Center to go see the Dallas Symphony Orchestra because My Brother was taking a Music Appreciation Class and he had to go see a musical performance for his class. Anyway, on March 31, I wrote about The Economist's Democracy Index in My Newsletter because I was interested about The European Union and To see how each Country stands. Now, April, Unfortunately was a Sad Month for a lot of People like on April 7, Sandra Bullock got divorced. On April 20, was believe it or not, the beginning of the BP Oil Spill which lasted all the way till‘ August. Also and I’m deeply sorry to Grandma honey for this but, in this month, Our Healthful Great Grandma Mimi passed away and she will be missed by all! On a lighter note, near the end of April, as a way of preparing for My 200th Newsletter, I started writing my “All Thanks to You” Series. On May 26, I wrote my 200th Newsletter. It was a Big Accomplishment for me because I had written 200 Newsletters. Meanwhile, during this Big Event was when My Mom was having her Kidney Stone Attacks which was very hard for me to deal with. Now, June was a mainly quiet month, the only events to mention was the Painful Allergy Test on June 7 and us preparing to head to Atlanta for The PTLS Birthday Party/Gathering. July was also a quiet month like June. Now, August was an awesome month because during the week of My Birthday, we decided to have a mix of a PTLS Gathering and My Birthday Party. It was so awesome that so many members of My PTLS Family came from across the country to see me and all be inspired by Each other. Also, during the week, I got to go to Amicalola Falls State Park and see the Southern End of The Appalachian Trail which was really awesome. I would say though that going to Atlanta was the best birthday ever. The awesome month of August was followed by another awesome month, September. Near the end of September, My Mom and I got to crew for the Plano Hot Air Balloon Festival which was Amazing and Awesome. Also, the best part is that they’ve invited us to crew for the festival next year. On October 6, was when The United States Government heard about terrorists in Europe so, The State Department issued a Travel Warning in Europe which worried me a little because Europe is my favorite part of the world. On October 20, I finished reading the book, AWOL On The Appalachian Trail that I got during “PTLS Birthday Week”, The book was really good to read and very interesting. On November 16-20 was the 5th annual Christian’s Best Friends Festival which introduced the most new friends of any Best Friends’ Festival so far. For Thanksgiving, I went to visit The Smith Family in Atlanta which was really cool because My Uncle Bruce built a Zip Line in his backyard for my cousins. Finally, in December I got to drive through Deerfield(The Neighborhood with all the Christmas Lights) with My Brother. So, I got extra time with My Brother. So, To end the year I will tell you that I got the most awesome gift for Christmas, A REAL Sleigh Bell from Santa’s Sleigh. Yes, you heard it right, a REAL SLEIGH BELL from Santa. Also, It came with a note that said the following, “Christian, Thank You for continuing to believe in Me. Keep My Spirit alive in Your Heart and in those you touch every day. Merry Christmas! St. Nicholas(Santa)”. So, all in all, This was a great year and I hope next year will be even better.


(For the Last Time in 2010)


Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Be Sure to be back here for another year of Touching and Inspiring Articles. Thanks for Believing in The Sprit of Christianville!

No comments: