December 1, 2010

The Christianville Spirit: My Thanksgiving and What I'm Thankful For

The Christianville Spirit

The Spirit that Inspires You

December 1, 2010- TCS # 226


As many of you heard, I went to Atlanta for thanksgiving and I couldn’t do a Newsletter. So, to make up for it, I’m going to tell you about my Thanksgiving Trip to Atlanta. It’s started early Tuesday Morning with My Mom and I driving to Atlanta; Along the way, there is a place in a town called Canton which is about 45 Minutes east of Dallas and they sell something special, Fried Pies. Well, for the first time I finally got one and it was good. You see, I had been thinking about getting a Fried Pie several times driving between Dallas and Atlanta but, either it was too early in the morning for Me(because my stomach is still waking up), the fact that I’m in the car because I’m not always the cleanest of eaters and Fried Pies isn’t car food, or other reasons. Whenever I wouldn’t get one in the morning, I’d try to get one on the way back but, by that time My Mom and I are tired and ready to get home. So, anyway this time I finally got one, I got a Pulled Pork Fried Pie and Apple Fried Pie. The Pulled Pork Pie was good but, got too spicy to eat. And, of course the Apple was really good but, really messy. Anyway, when we finally got to Atlanta it was exciting and it was awesome knowing that I got to sleep in My favorite Room at My Grandma Honey’s House, Her Sunroom or as I call it “The Treehouse”. I call it “The Treehouse” because there are a lot of tall trees that surround it. on Wednesday, which is my “Newsletter Day”, We began the day going to Grandma Honey’s Favorite Hangout where Everyone knows her name and got to see our good friend, Georgette. After that, My Mom and I got Pedicures, but My Mom’s is different than mine. I love the way mine is because I sit in a chair that massages my back, I get my feet and legs rubbed, and my feet afterwords felt very soft. Also, we prepared and got the things we needed for Thanksgiving Dinner, We also hung out at My Uncle Bruce’s House. On Thanksgiving Day, My cousin Gram and I had a sleepover at Grandma Honey’s House so, that we could watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. Watching the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade is a tradition for me on Thanksgiving that I love and can’t go a Thanksgiving without because the end to me is the beginning of The Holiday Season, My Favorite Time of Year. After we watched some of the parade, we drove to Uncle Bruce’s House again because that’s where we were having Thanksgiving Dinner. The day itself was much fun because I got to play with My Cousins. We got to jump on the trampoline, go to the park, and play in the treehouse that Uncle Bruce built. Now, Thanksgiving Dinner was really good and Uncle Bruce made the turkey so juicy, it was the best turkey I ever had. On Friday, we played some more and the most awesome thing happened. My Uncle Bruce built a Zip Line in his backyard and after it was done, we got to ride on it. It was my first time riding on a Zip Line and it was Awesome. After all that excitement, we went back to Grandma Honey’s House and one more night in “The Treehouse” then, we headed back home. So, now The Most Important Part, What I’m Thankful for. I’m Thankful for the following things..

  • My Mom and The Things she does for me
  • My PTLS Family
  • All the PTLS Family Members that came all the way to Atlanta for the PTLS Gathering and My Birthday
  • My Friends and Family
  • The Balloonists who let me join in and crew for The Hot Air Balloon Festival
  • My Readers and Subscribers
  • The Roof over My Head
  • Food and Water
  • Air Conditioning(since people in other countries don’t get A/C)
  • and, Finally, God

All in all, It was an awesome Thanksgiving Holiday and I hope that you had a great Thanksgiving.



Thanks for reading The Christianville Spirit. I am Thankful for Everything and Everyone that I have around Me, Thank You All!

No comments: