December 8, 2010

The Christianville Spirit: The Special Friends Christmas Dinner

The Christianville Spirit

The Spirit that Inspires You

December 8, 2010- TCS# 227


So, This past Monday Night, My Mom and I went to an event that is a tradition of us. You See, This Event called the “Special Friends Christmas Dinner”, A Christmas Dinner for People with Special Needs that they have at one of the churches here in Plano. The Church just happens to be one of the biggest in Plano, In fact, we call it “Six Flags Over Jesus”, it’s that big. Anyway, This church has a Special Needs Ministry and to honor them, they put on a Dinner for members, friends, family, and anyone else who wants to come. So, after dinner, My Mom and I are walking to the car, summarizing the fun time we had and right when we walk toward the Car, She says “How do you feel when your around them?” and, by Them, she means people of Various Special Needs. So, for this week’s newsletter, I’m going to write how I feel around what I’ll called “The Various Special Needs” Group. So, I look at it at it in 2 ways. Firstly, It’s really awesome to hang out with all people with Special Needs, Various or PTLS because they are sometimes at the same level and sometimes Maturity then you. In a way, They understand You, The Person not what you have. As with what I’ll call “Normals”, They concentrate on what you have instead of the person themselves. Now, My 2nd view is different because it deals with me having PTLS or as I formally address it, “My Rareness”. In that format, You feel lonely because there’s no one in that has PTLS in My Area. Now, Don’t get Me wrong, I like hanging out with People with Special Needs and I don’t focus on what they have. But, when it does come to that, It’s hard to relate to them because they go through different things than You. and, we PTLSers go through our own thing. The only Special Need that PTLS has a tie with is Autism and that can give you more or less information. So, in other words, in a room full of people of Autism and Down Syndrome, I feel like I’m the only Rare one there which is both a good thing and bad thing. Now, with PTLSers you can relate in alot of ways to what they’re going though which is the same things that you are. The only difference is their health and behavior on what I’ll call the “Moderate-Severity Level” because some people with PTLS can widely range from Moderate which means not as many health issues and not as hyper to Severe which means more health issues like Heart Issues or having more of a hard time Talking. Now, Parents, My Intention here is not to scare you, I’m teaching about it. Anyway, when it comes to seeing or meeting people with PTLS is at first very awkward because it’s like meeting someone who looks exactly like You and Has the same thing as You. So, after you get over the awkwardness, then you connect with each other. Now, I have to say it’s a little lonely here in Dallas because no one around here has PTLS or let alone is my age. The only person nearby is in Houston and is older than Me with not only PTLS but, CMT. So, all in all here, that’s how I feel about the difference between “Various Special Needs” and PTLSers. Now, if you feel the same way about this, Please don’t count out those with Various Special Needs because otherwise you won’t have anyone to relate to.



Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Remember when around People with Special Needs. It’s not about what they have, it’s about who they are.

No comments: