July 3, 2019

The Christianville Spirit: PTLS in Dallas



The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Knows Love
July 3rd, 2019-TCS # 645

Happy Independence Day (or Fourth of July), My Readers! Well, My Readers in The United States, “The USA”, “America”, or whatever you like to call it; Happy 4th of July! For those outside The United States, July 4 is just another day. You See, every country in our lovely World of 246 Countries, we have our own little “Special days” in our own countries. So, on to This Week’s Newsletter! All I can think of at The Moment is Wow! Just Simply, Wow! This past Week I went on a “Official PTLS Business” Trip to Houston, The PTLS Capitol, for The PTLS Conference. (Record Scratching Sound) Actually, This Year, We swung it an Entirely Different Direction! This Year, We actually had Our Conference in a Different City, My Home Region of Dallas-Fort Worth! Yes! We decided that This Time’s Conference was going to be Different. PTLS Family Members, We have studied, said that if They are going to be coming a Long Way to Texas, We should give them More Texas and The Dallas-Fort Worth Area is definitely Texas! No Offense, of course to The PTLS Capitol of Houston. Yes, It is that time again for The PTLS Conference. This Conference, I have to say, was a PTLS Conference that was unlike any other that We have done. 

Now, Okay, to Date, We have had 5 Conferences so far held in 2009, 2012, 2015, 2017, and This Year, respectively. This Conference was different in many different ways. The First being that This was The Fifth Conference in Total but, First Conference that We had in a Different City. Of Course, Like The Last Conference, My Mom planned it all. Yes, She planned it along with Help by The PTLS Foundation and The Hotel’s Event Planners. Also, There was a just a little less People there this time around so It is  Less Overwhelming, But My Mom was able to plan time for families to have Alone sessions with some of the Doctors, And More time to ask questions. It was a lot easier to Plan This Conference because Our Hotel was only about 45 Minutes from Our House. Funny Thing, When We came up with The Idea, I first thought of Downtown Fort Worth until I remembered that It would be Difficult for People to get there. Dallas-Fort Worth is a Big Metroplex! You would have to Rent a Car to get to Downtown Fort Worth. Next Idea was Arlington. Entertainment District of Arlington, a little too much stuff! Nope. What about Grapevine, literally a stone’s throw from The Major Airport?! Beautiful and Historical Downtown Area; The Mall, Grapevine Mills with an Aquarium and Legoland; A Huge Hotel, The Gaylord Texan; and, Of Course, The Airport within a 5 Minutes Distance. That is Perfect! Grapevine It is! So, Last Tuesday, My Mom and I drove out to Grapevine, only a 45 Minute Drive and We were at The Site of The Conference. It was The Weirdest Experience! Compared to Driving 5 Hours south of Houston. So, Tuesday, We welcomed Our PTLS Family Member Vivian and Of Course, can’t forget My Lil’ PTLS Sis, McKenna! I was Very Happy to see her again! We had a Small Party on Our rather Large Room which had Two Bedrooms, hanging out with Them. The Hotel was gracious enough to give us a Little Upgrade! We were being A lot of People to Their Hotel anyway. Later, My Brother flew in from Denver to join in The Conference Fun! Wednesday, We did some Final Conference Prep. like Getting The Welcome Bags Ready and Making Sure Everything was running Smoothly. Of Course, Vivian and McKenna could not come to Dallas without Me showing them, The Huge Hotel, The Gaylord Texan! They were Very Impressed by It1 They were actually amazed by How Big The Place was. We had a Big Lunch there after Exploring Everything, We ate at The Sports Bar/Restaurant with Huge TVs! On Thursday, It was going to be a Busy Day! Greet People coming in, which went differently because of the Closeness to The Airport as well as Prepare for Our Evening Reception which was Really Awesome. My Mom set up that We would have a Few Speakers after We literally had 4 Stations worth of Food to Eat. Yes, You heard me! 4. Stations Worth of Food! Salad Station, Tex-Mex Station, Pasta Station, and of Course, a Macaroni and Cheese Station! I think The Macaroni and Cheese Station was The Hit for Everyone. Plus desserts!!! Now, We did have Dr. Lupski on Video to speak and Of Course, The Sibling Talks with McKenna’s Sister, Samantha and Yes, Even My Brother, Michael! Now, I did not see it but, What I did see that My Brother did, make me Extremely Proud of Him. My Brother answered PTLS Family Member’s Questions, Hung out with Them, Talked to Them, Interacting with Them, and Best of Treated them as He would treat me! Boy, was I a Proud Brother! Now, Of Course, Throughout The Conference I had a lot of Fun of My Own. Most of The Conference Days of Friday and Saturday, I got to hang out with My Fellow PTLS Young Adults and Teens, including My Lil’ PTLS Sis’, McKenna; PTLS Brother, Tyler; Stacy, who I have known since The Beginning (as in it, Stacy was The First Person with PTLS that I met); and, then Alyson and, a Two New PTLSers that I have never, PTLSer Madison and PTLSer Daniel. Between all of Us, You would swear that We were Near-Typical Adults acting somewhat typical for Our Age. We did have a Several Great Discussion between McKenna, Alyson, Tyler, Stacy, and Madison that was a Rather Deep. Including Most Annoying Thing about PTLS, Texture Triggers, What They thought about PTLS, Our Interests, and Of Course, Talking if There are a Cure for PTLS, would either of us take it. The Question I asked was that If There was a Cure for PTLS (Because In The Future, eventually There will be), would either of us take it. All of Us said No!!! We agreed that If it helped a little bit, like with Anxiety, then Maybe but, If it came with Side Effects (which a lot of Medicines do!) then, We all said Heck No!!! On Friday Night, The PTLS Foundation Board and The Doctors had Dinner together and Some of Us PTLSers ate Together at The Restaurant at The Hotel.
After We had all of Pictures taken on Saturday Morning, which I thought We were going to do on Friday Night but, I digress, McKenna was not having it afterwords. Rightfully so though, because a Loud-Crying Baby was Next to Her while We were doing the Pictures. PTLSers don’t deal with Distress or Crying Babies very well! Anyway, so McKenna spent a lot of The Day relaxing in Her Room because She had enough of all the Activity for The Day. Later that Evening, after Madison left to Fly Home, all of Us were Sad about Her leaving because She was The Entertainment of Our Group. But, After We went to Dinner on Saturday Night, I knew that McKenna had missed out on a lot but, I knew that at the Same Time, She wanted to hang out with Me, Alyson, and Tyler. So, We asked if It was Okay before hand and Me, Alyson, and Tyler went up to McKenna’s Hotel Room and hung out with Her. Again, It was not that Big of a Deal to Me but, by what Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory referred to as “Social Convention” Context, It actually was a Big Deal. Very Typical Young Adult behavior. We actually had a Good Time hanging out up with McKenna and I’m pretty sure that McKenna herself enjoyed it as well. After We were Done hanging out with McKenna, Tyler and I were about to Call it a Night when I called My Mom and asked her where She was, and She told me that There were Fireworks happening in the distance, so We both rushed up to Our Room to sit on The Balcony to watch The Fireworks. After that, Tyler and I hung out for a little while longer and then, Tyler had to go back to His Room. On Sunday, We had Breakfast one last time and Hung out with Alyson and McKenna because Tyler had left already. Vivian and McKenna weren’t leaving until The Evening. So, We stayed and had Lunch with them. and, Then We all said Our “Until Thens” and then, We headed Home. All in all though, It was Great, Brilliant Conference! I would totally have it in Grapevine again! and, I am glad that I have and made such Great Friends!



Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Why try to fix a PTLSer, when We are Happy with Our Life!


No comments: