June 19, 2019

The Christianville Spirit: Michael Matters Rerun



The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Knows Love
June 19th, 2019-TCS # 644

Hej, Ciao, and Bonjour, My Readers. I am saying Hello to You in Three of My Favourite Languages; Swedish, Italian, and French. Funny, My Mom’s Side of The Family is both German and Italian. Personally, I like the Italian Side, The Food and Music side of them. But, Of Course, Who wouldn’t like Italian Food! If You didn’t, an Angry Grandmother would be after You. You-a No Like-a My Food?! Anyway, on to This Week’s Newsletter. So, I would be Lying if I did not say that There are Times when I really Miss My Brother! There are Times when I really miss having him around, I miss hanging out with Him, and I miss What My Uncle Craig would call “Goofing Off” with Him. Now, Luckily, My Brother is going to Town next week and I am Very Happy about that, but I still wish that He was around a lot more Often. In August, It will be The 4th Year that My Brother has been in Colorado. Now, I have always been the Kind of Person that Let’s You do what You need to do and leave you alone. If You need to Spread Your Wings and Be Away for a While, that is Fine as long as You eventually come back; If You need to Work, Whatever, that is Fine. But, I feel that I am a bit too Lenient about Letting People do what They need to do. Of Course, I’m not going to be a Dictator and Say “You need to do XYZ!”. Now, I am sure that You might say that I could just call him on The Phone or Skype Him. Well, My Brother has a rather unpredictable Working Schedule, for Me, anyway, that does not work. I would rather have a Time that is always near-Guaranteed to be there. And, Finally, and Most Importantly, sometimes, When You move to a Part of The Country or Even The World, You end up having What I will refer to as The “Local Version of Yourself”. Now, Sometimes, Said Local Version of Yourself, is not always a Good Version of Yourself. for Example, My Brother, Lord knows I Love Him but, He has a “Local Version” of Himself that honestly, does sound or look like The Brother that I know and love, which Makes Me Miss Him more. Him, meaning The Funny, Loving, and Goofy Michael. Now, Yes, He still is those things in His Heart, I know that It is still there but The “Colorado Michael” is in Effect right now. Now, I realize that We will all have Versions of Ourselves that Either Our Family or We, Ourselves, don’t like about Them or Ourselves. Heck, I could move to a different part of The Country or The World, or Meet Someone and Not like that Version of Myself. Anyway, Just a Thought. So, This Week, I want to Re-Share a Newsletter about One of Those Times where I talk about How Much My Brother means to Me!


This Newsletter was written on June 24th of 2015 (Refer to Newsletter 455)

Hola, My Readers! I thought I would try a different greeting for You. Hola is Hello in Spanish, by the way. A Happy Birthday to My Dog, Zoey too! So, This Week I am going to talk about something that is a Bit Hard on Me and Something that I (as well as My Mom) have Many Viewpoints about. It involves a Big Change in Our Family that is likely to help us Grow as a Family. You See, I am sure My Veterans (My Term for those have been reading for a While or Since The Beginning) know that My Brother once moved into His Own Apartment and I thought THAT was a Big Deal, Mind You, the Apartment was like a few miles West of Our House. Okay, then Michael moved back home and then, later after High School, He moved to Denton. That One was surprisingly easy because I had been to Denton a few times before and it was a Pretty Nice City. Well, This Time, Michael is moving again. This Time though, Michael, My Brother is moving to Colorado. Yes, that is right, Guys. Colorado. And, This is getting to be pretty soon, like August 1st soon! So, Let’s start some Questions. Why is He moving to Colorado? Well, for Many Reasons, among them, He is Outgrowing The Dallas Area, There is nothing here for His, Let’s just say “Funky Art”. Secondly, He is moving because of The Adventure, namely the Mountains and Nature Abound, perfect for things like Rock Climbing, Camping, General Fun Stuff. In Other Words, I see that He is moving there to Have Fun. Now, This is The Point where I have Three Voices in My Head, One of Himself, one of PTLS Brother, Tyler and One of My Friend, Deb. Kind of reminds of that new movie, Inside Out, even though I have not seen it. My Brother’s Voice would say, “It’s Time to Grow Up, Don’t Be Scared and Just Do It!”; My PTLS “Brother”, Tyler would say “Have You been to Colorado? Then, Quit Bashing It!” (Why Yes, Voice of Tyler, I have been there and I Love It! Crested Butte, by the way) and Of Course, The Rational Level-Headed Voice of Deb says, “It is HIS Destiny” So, How do We feel about It? Well, That is where it gets a bit a Crazy. Now, Don’t Me Wrong, Colorado is Beautiful State, Stunning Even, Maybe an American Version of Switzerland! But, In My Head, looking at My Little Trusty Map of Family (both PTLS Family and Smith Family), There really isn’t much Family out there, or at least any that We are close to. I personally would rather Michael go East toward Family like North Carolina, Dahlonega maybe?, I would take The West’s Oregon if I had to because it has The Grant Family which are What I will refer to as The “West Coast Smiths” (Even though, They aren’t really Smiths). My Reasoning for that is because I want to be closer to Family. My Mom, of course, This whole deal is going to tear her up and All of us know It. My Mom also wants to be near Family, but at The Same Time, wants to be near Michael as well, You Know as Any Mother would. That and She would not want to Travel an Ungodly Amount of Miles or Hours, to see The Grandchildren that she wants to have and Honestly, I couldn’t imagine that! Also, The Fact of that He will be My Guardian in The Future, but I think that is another story for Another Time. My Biases aside, I feel that it is splitting us up and It is not Anyones Fault really. My Mom and I don’t see him as much, maybe Once or Twice a Week. I am led to believe that He is “breaking up” with Us so that He can grow and Spread his Wings a little. He needs it, after all. He has had Many Opportunities, too many to name and He has usually stayed here, Not Because of My Mom and I, but because of, to put it lightly a “Girl Force”. Now, He did have an Opportunity to go to College in Boston, but I believe that Might have been because of Us (He would have missed Us and Mommy’s Care-Packages!). But, To Be Fair, If He has to spread his wings and Leave Dallas, then Now would be a Good Time and a Bonus here! His Friends are backing him up with this One. So, like I said, He has to get out to Dallas, (Not that there anything wrong with Dallas!) and See that is more to America than The Suburbs of Dallas. A Secondary Note here as well, My Dad has moved to Arizona and He is pretty happy out there in the 100 Plus Degree Heat, Oh Boy! By The way, with all of this stuff about Michael moving to Colorado, He prefers Warm Places, He does not like The Snow. Hmm... That should be Interesting! But, Who knows, He may go there and stay a Short Time and then Move On. Maybe, it is a “much ado about Nothing”, or maybe My Mom and I are on Our Own Track for a While and Michael will come back to Family when He has had His Fill, You never know. I guess that Rational Voice of Deb might be right, “It is a Matter of Destiny!” All in all, We all have SOME Kind of Destiny to follow and Sometimes, It may or many not align with Someone Else’s Destiny. So, Somehow and Eventually, Destiny brings us all together. So, with that said, If Your Destiny is different (or The Same) than Mine, Michael, You will always be My Brother and I will always Love You!



Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. If You have a Good Destiny, Follow It!

No comments: