June 5, 2019

The Christianville Spirit: 20th Elementary Memory


The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Knows Love
June 5th, 2019-TCS # 642

Happy June, My Readers! We can now say that It is now The Beginning of Summer! So, These Past Two Months have been a Busy Time for Me. Between The Leak that damaged The Laminate Floors in April, Preparing for and, then Going to Germany, and Preparation of The Main PTLS Conference, It has been a Busy Month. Not a lot of Time to Relax. But, I realized in all that, that an Important Anniversary hit. You See, I was reminded because I saw a Post from a Childhood Friend on Facebook and It made me think that “Gee, I grew up with This Person and Yet, don’t know Them as well as I would like to!” Now, Bearing in Mind, in My Special Needs Logic Mind, Anyway, that You should always keep in Contact with Your Friends, probably More Importantly, Your Childhood Friends. I feel that Childhood Friends know you a lot more than High School or even Young Adult Friends. Now, I did not forget, per se, about This Anniversary, The Anniversary being, 20 Years since Elementary School; I had it on My Calendar. I guess that I thought it would have been a Bigger Deal than It was. Then Again, I was Very Busy, It flew right past me. The 10th Year Anniversary of Elementary School was a Big Deal only probably because of The Fact that We were Graduating from High School and It seemed a Good Time to have a Reunion at Our Old Elementary School. Now, Yes, My Final Year of Elementary School was not The Most Pleasant to Remember, considering that I was Bullied by Kids throwing Spit Balls at Me, and locking me in a bathroom on a bus. The Kids (or in case, Kid) has since Said that they were Sorry and Well, They were Young and Stupid at  the Time, Pardon The Expression. That Stuff Happens. Anyway, so For This Week’s Newsletter I am going to Rerun an Old Newsletter about The Great Times I had in My Childhood, 20 Years since Elementary School! 
Now, Before I begin, to summarize for those who don’t know, I had grown up together with the kids (Known as “The Barsi’s”). We lived on a cul-de-sac, the backyard had a creek, we also had a Trampoline, and we could run through 4 Yards without ever running into a fence. We lived next door to a family of Girls who we know as “The Herrick Girls.” Anyway, Enjoy The Fun and Innocence of My Childhood! 

This Newsletter was written on October 15th of 2008 (Refer to Newsletter 121)

So, My Mom and I decided to take our dog, Mandy for a walk as we do every Sunday because we had to put Sophie to sleep and Mandy has been depressed because of that so, we walk her each week. But, I decided to walk down one of the trails in Plano. And, we walked to the park down the street from Mr. Jeff’s House; just because I wanted to see if it had changed or not and to relive a little bit of history. You see, at that park and in that neighborhood held a lot of history, mainly history of my childhood. The way I grew up isn’t like the normal stay-behind-the-fence or play in the street kind of childhood to the average planoan. Mr. Jeff’s yard was a big yard without fences between our neighbors and it was along a creek. Not only that but, it had a trampoline that we’d jump on practically all day. And, all the neighborhood kids would jump with me and wanting me to bounce them or do what we called “Butt Busters”. All the kids loved that about me. Even my brother wanted me to do a “Butt Buster”. Also, in our neighborhood, we were free to run through the yards we were connected to and down to street to our friend Hunter and Ashley Hooper’s House. On some days, we would go down to the Hooper’s House because they had a pool and a fort that we play on or go swimming in the pool. Also, next door to our long-time friend’s family, The Herrick’s; The Herrick’s move in a little while after we moved from our townhouse we moved to when we first moved to Dallas. Anyway, The Herrick’s were made 3 Girls, The Mom, and The Dad. The 3 girls were Meredith, Whitney, and Brooke (later the 4th child Katherine was born) The Mom, I referred to as Mrs. Judy and the dad was Mr. Dave. Back then, we used to hang out a lot with them. Michael would hang out with Meredith a lot and I would hangout with Brooke a lot. There were many fun things we did. One thing, Brooke and I made up a name for our cul-de-sac; we named it “Idyllwild Village”. For the holiday events we had 2 major traditions for 2 holidays. On Halloween, we would have a Halloween Block Party where we have a party on the cul-de-sac and one or adults would take us trick or treating. On New Years, we would gather together at Mr. Jeff’s House and would celebrate the New Years. Finally, the thing that follows me today that I haven’t forgotten about was a rule at Mr. Jeff’s House that we had to take our shoes off when entering the house and I still do it today. There are many stories in my childhood I could tell but, all in all I had a great childhood and I have Mr. Jeff to thank for that.

As You can see, I had a Great Childhood. I actually have since Thanked Mr. Jeff in Person for The Awesome Childhood that I had. There are Times that Yes, I miss those Day of Innocence, not a Worry in The World and For The Most Part, We played Outside except It was Storming or Really Hot then We would play Nintendo 64. That’s what We referred to as Entertainment. All in all, I am Grateful for The Great Childhood that I was Blessed to Experience as well as Share with My Childhood Friends.



Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Cherish Your Childhood Memories and Friends!

No comments: