July 10, 2019

The Christianville Spirit: Great Time with Friends



The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Knows Love
July 10th, 2019- TCS # 646

I Miss My Friends, My Readers! Wow! a Deep and Thoughtful Greeting! But, It is True, I miss My Friends! By Friends, in this Case, I mean My fellow PTLSers that I had a Really Great Time with! You See, I do have a lot of Friends both in the PTLS Realm that I talk to as well as Friends in My Personal or Local Realm, like Childhood Friends, Neighbours, and Friends that I have met via either My Mom or My Brother! Thanks Mom and Brother! But, In case, The Friends I miss are those who I talk to but not that often as well The Great Friends and New Ones that I met at The Conference. My PTLS “Sister”, Dani for example, I used to talk to Her a lot, like Everyday at One Point but, It is Hard to transfer Talking to Someone either Online or In Person, from The Time that You had Texting, Emailing, and Camming (Her word for “Webcamming”, i.e Skype, Facebook, or FaceTime) to Real Life Day-to-Day Life and Routine. So, We don’t talk as often. In The Case, that I am talking about. My Friends that I met at The Conference a little more than a Week ago. All of Us were quite Content Hanging out on The Couches nearby The Conference, Walking around The Hotel, or In One Case, Hanging out in Each Other’s Hotel Room, just sitting on The Couches talking and laughing while Glancing at The TV playing every once and while. It was Nice and Quiet for all of us. To Think of All the Fun that We had, I thought it was not a Big Deal wanting to Hang out together in The Hotel Room. But, I did know that in The Context of What Sheldon of The Big Bang Theory calls “Social Convention”, so Wanting to go with a Group of PTLSers to Another PTLSers’ Hotel Room to hangout was in “Social Convention” a Very Typical Young Adult Behavior kind of Thing to do. I will say though that Looking Back on it, Just spending The Evening hanging in One of The PTLSers Hotel Room, Just Us, not a lot of Activity. I think that was The Best Highlights of The Conference that We had and I’m sure that Our Parents were Extremely Proud! Come to Think of It, The Time with Tyler and I watching The Fireworks from Our Hotel Balcony, that would be a Highlight too. I can’t tell you how Nice it is to have just Small Group of Friends (be it PTLS Friends or Personal Friends) just hang out, not a lot of Activity. We don’t need a Party with a Bunch of People because like having too Many conversations going on that You want to listen to. We don’t need a lot of Activity going on around us either because It would distract us and then, We would lose our Train of Thought and Have a Hard Time getting back to What we were Talking about because of Short-Term Memory which We PTLSers tend to have a Problem with.
 We would Prefer a Small Party with just a Small Group of People. I think that I have always been that Way, even when I was little where I just wanted a Small Group of People.
Now, the Thing is, even with FaceTime, Skype, Facebook, Whatever Avenue that You choose in “Camming” or just Texting. It is still not The Same as saying, “Let’s go Hang Out at XYZ Place!” ;“Let’s all go Walk somewhere”; or “Let’s all go to So-and-So’s Hotel Room and Hang Out”. Honestly, that is what I miss the Most. Seeing each other in Person and just Hanging out. It often takes Work for us to get out and about because We are HomeBodies and We don’t want to get out into The Overstimulation that happens in The World. All in all, When We get finally together, It is like We just saw Each Other Yesterday!



Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Embrace PTLS and Embrace Your Friends.

No comments: