December 26, 2017

The Christianville Spirit: Christian's Year-In-Review 2017



The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Makes You Wonder
December 26th, 2017-TCS # 576
Well, My Readers, PTLS Family Members, and Friends, It looks like We have come to The End of Another Year here at The Christianville Spirit and What a Year it was. It has been a Year that has Made You Wonder! See what I did there, hehe! This Year’s Tagline was “The Spirit that Makes You Wonder” and It was credited actually to Myself. Last Year, I forgot to ask People about Suggestions for Taglines so, I decided to come up with My Own Tagline. Anyway, The Year of 2017, I feel was a Brilliant Year! Besides The Fact of Turning 30 This Year, I feel like I have grown in a lot of Ways. So, I guess You could say, It has been a Year of Growth for Me. Some Years, that has to happen, It does not mean that It is a bad thing. So, in 2017 I repeated My Brilliant Idea of instead of Creating New Year’s Resolutions, I came up with Goals for The Year, Many of Which I am proud of. So, Refresher here, What were My Goals?
My 2017 Goals were:
  • Finally Meeting The Woman of My Dreams (Okay. Definitely Next Year)
  • Work on My Independence (That Goal has been Hard. But, I really improved This Year)
  • Get Laser Hair Removal Treatment (This Goal, Believe it or not, is in Progress. I am hoping for “Mission Accomplished” Next Year)
  • Meet More PTLS Family Members (I met quite a Few This Year!)
  • Go to France, Sweden (again), and Australia. (Not This Year. But, Definitely Next Year)
So, When I look back on This Year, I remember different events both Personally and In The News, I remember it like “Wow! That Happened This Year?!” and Now, This Year of Memories, Adventures, and Of Course, Growing are Over. Of Course, My Grandma Honey will tell me “You never stop growing”. Yes, that is True! Life would be Boring if You stopped Growing. Anyway, Before 2018 comes and We watch The Ball drop, Let’s Re-Live 2017 via what I call “Christian’s Year-In-Review 2017”, My self-produced Year-In-Review.
So, without Further a due, Let’s get started!
So, like all Years We start in January.
In The Beginning of January, I wanted to Meet Lynee’s Parents again since We had such a Good Time the First Time that We met. So, We met Lynee’s Mom and Dad for Dinner, The Second Time on January 11th. It was Good to see them again, and We met with Them many more Times This Year. In Fact, We have became really good friends with Lynee’s Mom, Dona. We actually hung out with Her 10 Times in One Year! To Me, that is an Accomplishment! Speaking of Accomplishments, Because it was The 10th Year since the Naming of Potocki-Lupski Syndrome, We sold Special 10th Anniversary Shirts. Our Shirt Sales hit 5,700 Dollars Raised for PTLS. I call it a New Record! Perhaps, We can raise more in 2018. Hint-Hint. Before I start with The News, I try as Hard as I can to avoid any Upsetting Political Stories, but For The Sake of History and My Year-In-Review, I feel I must mention them. Political Story Alert! So, Let me say this first. Let Me Make it VERY  Clear that Us here at The Christianville Spirit and In Integrity of This Newsletter, **The Christianville Spirit is and Forever will be Non-Politically Aligned with any Candidate or Leader.** Us in The United States got a New President, Billionaire Donald Trump on January 20th. There actually was quite an Impressive Patriotic Concert on January 19th, The Night before He was Inaugurated. Also, There was a Shooting at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood Airport on January 6th.
A Bit Sad News at The Beginning of February, on February 14th, It was The One Year Anniversary of when My Aunt Ginny past away. On February 7th was The Beginning of One of My 2017 Goals as well as Something that I have needed for a Long Time, My 1st Laser Treatment. For The Record, It is not an Easy Process, but I am working through It. This was one of The Ways that I grew This Year! In the News, an SUV struck a Mardi Gras Parade in Gulf Shores, Alabama on February 28th.
March or Marzo, as I call it was a Very Successful Month because it was The 10th Year since The Naming of PTLS. Because It was The 10th PTLS Day on March 8th, I actually did a LIVE PTLS Day Countdown on Facebook! On March 14th, Another bit of Growth for Me, My PTLS “Brother”, Tyler and I made Meatballs on Our Own with Help from Tyler’s Mom. It really was a Test of Our Texture Issues. In The Laser Hair Process, It was the 2nd Treatment on March 23rd. In The News, A Part of Interstate 85 in Atlanta collapsed on March 30th, causing a Huge Traffic Mess there! Also, on March 22nd There was a Terrorist Attack in London.

In April, was a Big Moment of Growth for Me! Probably The Biggest One of All of This Year. One that I still cannot believe. PTLS Member, SueVa and FiancĂ©, Marvin took me on a Cruise for 7 Days. It was One of The Most Awesome Things that I did this Year, I went from April 2nd to 9th and We visited Roatan (Isle Roatan), Honduras; Belize (City and Interior); and, Cozumel, Mexico. (Refer to “Cruise of a Lifetime” Newsletter for More). In The News, In April 7th, There was a Terrorist Attack in Stockholm, Sweden. Also, on April 16th, Political Story Alert! There was a Referendum in Turkey regarding The President of Turkey and How much Power He should have
In May, We spent a lot of Time with Lynee’s Mom, Dona because She was in The Hospital and She wanted us to visit her as well as it being “Lynee Day” on May 22nd. We actually got to spend “Lynee Day” with Her Mom. We had a Special Lynee Remembrance Day or LRD Party with Her. Also, In Early May, The City was changing the Street Signs in Our Neighborhood and I was lucky enough to catch them as They were changing them. I asked if it was Okay if I could have one and They said I could. In The News, On May 24th, there was a Bombing at a Ariana Grande Concert in Manchester, United Kingdom.

In June, was an Exciting Moment for Me! I met a Friend that I met online via My Mom’s Former Student and Expat, Monica. Her Name is Heidi. She was one of Monica’s Expat Friends who is from The Midwest. She came to see Monica and I joined them for Dinner on June 26th (Refer to My “Include, Not Exclude” Newsletter for The Picture). I did watch a Good Movie! This Movie that is Noteworthy, “Jane wants a Boyfriend” which is a Movie about a Young Adult Woman who has Autism and Wants to date. In The News, There was a Shooting at a US Congress Baseball Game on June 15th. The Person that was Shot is Okay now. In Case Anyone wondered. Also, In London on June 17th, There was a Fire at a Resident Tower. I believe it is because of Poor Building Standards.

July was a Busy Month in The PTLS World because on July 5th to 7th, It was The 4th PTLS Conference. I actually had an Accomplishment there, I spoke at The Conference, something that for Me, was a Very Big Deal. I met several Very Nice PTLS Family Members. After We arrived We went to Dinner with PTLS Family Member, Chris Ludlow from Connecticut. After that, We watched The Fourth of July fireworks in Houston with them. It was quite a Fun Time! I also met PTLS Family Member, Vivian and Her PTLS Child, Who I refer to “My Lil’ PTLS Sis’ McKenna”. After The Conference, We drove out to the Ft. Worth Stockyards (Because They were Flying Out of Dallas the next day) to Hang out with Them and show them around The Stockyards. In The News, Canada celebrated It’s 150th Birthday! Happy Birthday to Canada! In Sports News, An Early Announcement came out on July 31st that Los Angeles will host the 2028 Olympics and Paris, France will host The 2024 Olympics.

August was a Very Exciting Month for Me because I turned 30 Years Old on August 11th. One of My Favorite Moments of My 30th Birthday Celebration was that My Brother came down to Dallas to Surprise Me! One of The Best Presents that I got from Him! For My Birthday Week, We had 3 Surprises for Me. The First was My Brother, The Second was at My Mom’s Friend, Max’s House and then, Our Awesome Neighbors did a Surprise Party for Me too. I even got to have a Birthday Dinner with Lynee’s Mom, Dona on August 31st. In The News, what became a Legendary Hurricane this Year, Hurricane Harvey hit The Coast of Texas as a Category 4 Hurricane on August 26th and Later Flooding the Houston Area. As Bad of an Event as Hurricane Harvey was, It really brought Houstonians together and even The Rest of The State of Texas together. Another Big News Story this year was The “Great American Solar Eclipse” going over The US from Oregon to South Carolina on August 21st.

In September was a Month of Love and Joy. On September 23rd, My PTLS “Brother”, Tyler’s brother, Eddie had his Wedding Reception/Celebration Dinner at a Very Popular Restaurant in Fort Worth called Joe T. Garcia’s. Of All the Time that I have lived in The Dallas Area, I had never been to Joe T. Garcia’s. It was really good food, as You could tell from The Long Line of People out the door! For the Record, The Reception was in a Very Nice Part of The Open Garden at The Restaurant. It was really good to see Tyler as well! In The News, if You were a Fan of a Show called America’s Got Talent, Child Ventriloquist Darci Lynn wins America’s Got Talent on September 20th. Also, It was a Bad Month in terms of Disaster News, Hurricane Irma hit The Islands of St. Martin, St. Barths, and USVI as well as Florida as a Very Strong Hurricane in Early September. A Week or so Later, Hurricane Maria, which was another Very Strong Hurricane hits Puerto Rico. As I write this, A lot of Puerto Rico still does not have Power. Also, a 8.1 Earthquake hit Mexico.

Enough of Disaster for Right Now! In October, We had a Nice Dinner with Jennifer-Samantha on October 10th. It was for a Fundraiser for an Organization called “Volunteer McKinney”. It was Cool to have Dinner and serve the Community as well. (Refer to “J-S Right Place, Right Time” Newsletter). At the End of October was a Moment of Growth from My Brother, Michael because He went to Europe by Himself for 2 Weeks. I was Very Proud of Him. He went to London, Amsterdam, and Madrid then back to London to go home. In The News, There was a Mass Shooting at a Concert in Las Vegas on October 2nd. It actually was The Biggest Mass Shooting in American History. Also, There was a Truck Attack in New York City on Halloween, October 31st. People thought it was a Halloween Prank, but It was not.

In November, after Several Years of Fans of The 90’s TV Show, Hey Arnold! Demanding that The Creator of The Show to make a Movie answering all of The Questions that We have ever wondered about The Show, Finally on November 24th, the Movie came on TV. I will probably have to write about that in The New Year. For Thanksgiving, My Mom and I had our own Version of Thanksgiving. Create Your Own (CYO) Thanksgiving was what We called it. In Christianville News, I changed the last Festival Day of “Christian’s Best Friends’ Festival” from Steven Day to McKenna-Faith Day. It will honor My “Lil’ PTLS Sis’ McKenna” as well as a Relation of My PTLS Family, Faith Thompson. In The News, Some Good News! On November 2nd, The Houston Astros won Their First World Series title in History! I believe that They deserved to Win This Year after All the Disaster from Hurricane Harvey. Also, There was a Shooting at a Church in Texas November 6th.
And, Finally We wrap up The Year with December. It was been a Good Month and a Good Year. I am ending The Year by spending some much needed time with My Brother, Michael in Denver. It was Very Cold up there for Christmas and Best of All, It snowed on the 23rd of December and The Snow remained there until Christmas Day. So, Maybe it was not Snow falling on Christmas. But, You could see the Snow on The Ground outside. I call that a White Christmas! Another Positive Note, because after all the News Events I had to mention, We deserve Some Positive before I close The Year out. My Brother and I went out to a Christmas Tree Lot and got a REAL Christmas Tree, something that I will admit that We have not done in quite some Time. Anyway, as We started Decorating Our Real Christmas Tree, It started to Snow outside. Could not have thought of a Perfect mood jumper! All in all, 2017. It was a Good Year, a Little Crazy at times but What Year isn’t? But, like I said, It was Year of Growth, Some Changes, and Quite a Few Accomplishments. Anyway, I hope You, My Readers, had a Good Year too. And, I can’t wait to see you back here for Another Year of Inspiring, Make-You-Wonder, and Thought-Provoking Newsletters in 2018!


(For The Last time in 2017)

Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Celebrate Your Accomplishments!

1 comment:

Adelaide Dupont said...

Hi Christian,

2017 was a great year.

The cruise; the Hey Arnold movie; the Jane wants a boyfriend movie [there is another good one called Dina which is about an older woman in New York] and all the time you spent with Lynee and her Mum.

And the Swedish terrorism and the Ariana Grande concert.

I confess I am not a big fan of Erdogan. It is about the office, not the President, isn't it?

And good for the Christianville Spirit for remaining fair and balanced in political matters!