December 6, 2017

The Christianville Spirit: Christmas Favorites



The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Makes You Wonder
December 6th, 2017-TCS # 573

Happy December, My Readers! Wow! Can You believe that The Year is almost over?! And, What a Year it has been, but More on that after Christmas. It is that Time of Year again though! It is My Favorite Time of Year, The Month of December filled with Christmas Cheer, Christmas Music, Christmas Lights, and above all, Christmas Magic (And, Believe Me, It can happen!). I know I Write The Following Statement Every Year but, I Love December because of One Holiday, Christmas. I do however have a bit of Different Swing to My “Happy December” Newsletter. So, This December, I have been Considering What truly is My Favorite of Favorites in Christmas. What Makes Christmas, Christmas? Now, The Christmas Light Traditions, The Decorating The House, and Spending Time with Family are What makes Christmas, Christmas, but, We all have that One Song or That One Movie, that tells us that It is Christmas. Now, Come On, We have that Song or Movie that We can not go a Christmas without Hearing or Seeing. But, It also makes me wonder, What are My Favorite Christmas Songs (There are Many Christmas Songs to choose from!) and Christmas Movies? I will tell you My Favorite Christmas Songs and Movies. 
Favorite Christmas Songs
  1. Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays! by N’Sync. Call Me Old-Fashioned but, I like to Begin and End The Holiday Season with This Song
  2. Felix Navidad by Jose Feliciano. Blame It on The Fact that I am Part Puerto Rican but, I Love This Song. Bonus Here! It works with All Colors of People!
  3. The Following Songs in Rosie O'donalds Christmas CD:
-Santa on The Rooftop: Trish Yearwood
-Magic of Christmas Day: Celine Dion
-Who could forget this one! 12 Days of Christmas: The Muppets. We used to listen to this CD Every Christmas! I would skip other songs, Just to hear those Songs! For The Record, With Respect to The Symbolism of “The 12 Days of Christmas”, It is Difficult for Me to remember all The Days, but That Version of The Song makes it fun.
4. Two Songs From Trans-Siberian Orchestra (Also known
 as  TSO):
-Christmas Canon
-Gloria/Angels We Have Heard on High
Really, Who could resist a Little TSO at Christmas Time. Christmas Canon is in D Minor. It is both My Mom and I’s Favorite Song. Gloria, It is a Good Song to bellow out to. 
  1. Silent Night Medley by Hanson. Again, Another Old-Fashioned Song. Okay, so It is a more Modern Song, but a Song from an Old-Fashioned Band. It combines Silent Night, O Holy Night, and O Come All Ye Faithful

Next Comes My Favorite Christmas Movies
My Favorite Christmas Movies
  1. A Very Merry Mix-Up (Hallmark Movie). No One can resist ANY of Hallmark’s Annual Christmas Movie Marathons. But, If I had to Pick a Few out of All of Them. It would be This One. Destiny can happen at The Weirdest Time. It is all about Timing though!
  2. Matchmaker Santa (Hallmark Movie). Yes, Another Hallmark Movie! Who says that You can’t Make a Wish about Love at Christmas Time and It comes True.
  3. A Christmas Kiss. This One is What I call a Non-Hallmark Movie. There is a Brilliant Quote in There about The Difference between whether Your Love for Someone is True Love and Not.
  4. Elf. I Think that This One is on Everyone’s List. It is a Modern Christmas Movie that is Quickly becoming a Classic and Honestly, It should be a Classic Christmas Movie even though it has been around a Few Years!
  5. Deck The Halls. Nothing is Funnier than Watching a Comic Disaster happen between Neighbors. Along with The Coolness of Extreme Christmas Lights, trying to be seen from Space. Isn’t that Everyone’s Dream?!
So, then Comes Another Question, In The 10 Years I have been Writing, What is My Favorite Newsletter about Christmas? Well, I am going share that one with You too! This Newsletter was Written on December 9th of 2015 (Refer to Newsletter 477) Enjoy!
My Name is Christian Smith-Centeno and I believe in Santa Claus! Wow! It takes a Man to say that! It takes a Man to say at My Age that He still believes in Santa Claus. In Fact, I challenge you to say the Same Thing. You See, When I was in School, at the High School Age, You were ridiculed for still believing in Santa Claus, as if Santa is only for Children and That could be The Farthest from The Truth. The Reason though? I believe in not just Santa but, more on The Lines of The Magic of Santa. I remember One Year that I was going to Sleep on Christmas Eve when I heard Jingle Bells in The Distance and that is How I knew Santa was coming as well as a Few Thuds on The Roof in My Childhood. So, the Magic still lives in Me! Now, when People say “The Magic”, It is not like a “Magic Trick” type of Magic, It is Legit. Now, Of Course Everyone has Different Version of how Santa actually works but, This is My Belief as well as Curious Questions about it. I should mention here that There are People who do not believe in Santa for Whatever Reason. Some are just what I will refer to as “Actual Factual” and Only believe what Those down here tell you. But, They don’t cherish The Magic in Him. 

So, His Home, The North Pole. Actual Factual People will tell you that There is Nothing there, It is only Ice. That part is True, but I like to think of it in a Magical Way and Believe Me, I  have seen quite a Few Christmas Movie Depiction of It. The Debate here is That, does The North Pole Just Appear or Is There some kind of Secret to It? “The Polar Express” claims that It appears out of Nowhere, “The Santa Claus” and “Northpole” claim that It is Secret, Like You go to The North Pole, You go underground under What “Actual Factual” People say is Just Ice and More Ice, and No Typical Person can come in. I would like to go with that Answer. I Believe that in order to get in, You have to do a Very Complex Top Secret-Classified Code. Funny Enough, Only Santa, Mrs. Claus, and a Few Select Elves know this Code. I kind of wish that It was as Easy as The State Farm Jingle, “Like a Good Neighbor, State Farm is There!” only “I believe in The North Pole because Santa is There!” and You Magically appear at The North Pole. Elves are Very Cheery and The Last Thing You would want is One to Tell Everyone the Code and then, alot of People ooooing and awwing while The Elves are trying to Work. Picture a Bunch of News Crews from all over The World interviewing Santa on Christmas Eve. He is a Busy Man, You Know! It would not be Good either because of Those “Actual Factual” People who Do not Believe, May or May not be as Nice. If an Elf does not know The Code then, Someone on The Other Side will let them in. I picture The North Pole to be sort of like a Mix of the Hallmark Movie “Northpole” and “The Polar Express”, It is The Most Beautiful City, Filled with Heaps of Christmas Lights and Music playing all the time. Elves skipping up and down The Street when They are not Working. They do have Elf Parties in The Off Season and on Christmas Day. They do take trips “Down South” for a Little Vacation, most likely during The Summer. They like to have Fun after Work, They go Bowling and Play other Sports. Maybe They go out to Dinner before heading Home for The Night. They have Very Pretty Tiny Houses with lots of Cool Stuff.  Their Workshop can get very Crazy some days, I am sure that It is Calm some days and It is like The New York Stock Exchange when it gets closer to Christmas. I am sure that They get a lot of Calls over Christmas and They transfer as much as They can to Santa, although He is Very Busy checking lists and checking them twice, He does take time to talk to Each Child. Santa must be a Very Good Multi-Tasker! In The Time that He is not taking or making calls, He spends The Evening answering Letters and He must do it VERY Fast. It would be Interesting to watch that happen! In This North Pole Town, There is a lot of Christmas Cheer, Christmas Music, and Most of All Christmas Magic! It makes me wonder though, What do The Elves do after Santa has left for His Christmas Eve Run? Maybe they party all Night, Watch The Kids (ahem...clearing throat) and Adults open Gifts, and then Maybe relax toward The End of The Day. Santa comes back and they all hang out. Maybe They all sit in The Hot Tub and juuust relax. After Christmas, They most likely go on Vacation. 

So, on The Next Question, How does Santa go around The World in One Night? By The Speed of Light and Of Course, with a His Magic. He goes down The Chimney VERY Quickly. I would think that He could either make Assistant Santas go down The Chimney and Give the Gifts while Santa provides The Magic. Santa does make a few Pit Stops at Those Houses that Deserve a little extra Attention and He randomly picks each year so Don’t Worry Guys. 

So, then what about The Santa at The Mall or in the Parade? The Actual Factual will say that They are just like You and Me and Only Partly, They are. To Me, They are a Very Special Santa. I Believe not ALL The Santas there are close to The Real One. But, All of them have a Direct Line to Santa at The North Pole. Likely, That is what They do when They are not sitting on The Big Chair. They have to relay Gift Requests and Wishes to “The Big Man”. The Santas though, That legit look like Santa, They have a Very Classified Magical Job. They do Some of The Magic of Santa behind closed doors. Maybe, THAT is what They do during Their Breaks. 

So, How does Santa know when You are Sleeping, Awake, Good/Bad, and Happy or Sad? I believe that He can see through a Giant Snow globe, up at North Pole Headquarters. Hidden Cameras also work in Some Cases too though! Maybe There is an App for that on His Phone. Remember that Santa does not just bring to Children and Adults, He is also brings a little goody for Dogs and Cats. All in all, These are My Theories about Santa and The North Pole. Even Santa represents The Magical Spirit of Christmas.




Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Christmas is not about Gifts. But, It is about The Lights, The Music, and The Magic.

No comments: