December 13, 2017

The Christianville Spirit: The Ideal Christmas meets Christmas Romanticism



The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Makes You Wonder
December 13th, 2017-TCS # 574

Ahoj, My Readers! Although I may sound like a Pirate, that is actually how They say Hello in The Czech Republic. I have to say, before I start My Newsletter that The Czech Republic (Czechia, as it is now referred to in English) is Quite an Interesting Country and Language. Czech is most definitely not an Easy Language but, An Interesting One. So, Anyway, Every Couple Weeks, I come up with a New Word that only means Something to Me whether It is or not actually a Word. The Word that I have been using is One for The Holiday Season, Christmas Romanticism. Christmas Romanticism is basically what describes Hallmark Channel Christmas Movies which I Very Much Enjoy! It basically means a House that is decorated literally, to The Brim with Christmas, Tons of Christmas Trees (Real and Fake Ones), Garland on The Windows, Lights Everywhere, A Christmas that a Guy like me would dream of. Also in a Town that is decorated fully, Carolers Singing, and Yes, Can’t have Christmas without an Ice Skating Scene. Some of The Christmas Romanticism I don’t really get, like The Romantics of Ice Skating. I guess You have to be in the Moment to understand it. Every Time I watch a Hallmark Christmas Movie, I think, “I could do that! Decorate My House that Way, Live in a Town like that (usually a Small Town, Christmas Romanticism does not occur in the City), and Most of All, having Someone who Loves Christmas as much as I do”. It does remind me though of a Newsletter that wasn’t as much about Christmas Romanticism but, Perhaps, My Version of what Christmas Romanticism is to Me. The Ideal Christmas meets Christmas Romanticism. Now, Let’s Make one thing clear, It is Okay not to have a Perfect Christmas and Sometimes, Too Much is just Too Much, It is Just Right. Enjoy!

This Newsletter was written on December 16th of 2015 (Refer to Newsletter 478)

Well, My Readers, It is that Time of Year, My Favorite Time of Year, Christmas. I know I said that probably Last Week and The Week before, but I mean it Every Time. Christmas is My Most Favorite Time of The Year. When I picture The Quintessential Christmas, I picture Myself around My Family, namely My Intermediate Family (My Mom and Brother) and having Quality Time with them that I enjoy Very Much. I enjoy My Mom with Her annual Let’s call it “Grandma Honey Mushiness” (a Very Proud 
Thing in Our Family!) and My Brother being Goofy as well as Making us Laugh. and Yes, He often makes us Wonder about The World and curious of How exactly does He see The World. I do include My PTLS Family in There too, We wish them a Merry Christmas on Facebook and Hope to see a Few over The Holiday Season. But, Here is a Golden type of Question, What would be The Ideal Christmas? The Perfect-but-Not Perfect Christmas. By That I Mean, that People put too much Pressure on Themselves to have the “Perfect Christmas” or More on The Lines of “A Christmas that HAS to be Perfect” and because of That, they don’t enjoy this Happy Time of Year. But, Everyone should have an “Ideal Christmas”, a Christmas to Dream about! Now I know, It is hard to think in Our Natural Crazy World that this could ever be put together but, We can Dream can’t we?! So, What is Your Ideal Christmas and What does it look like? Well, Mine would be Heaps of Fun! I have gotten in a habit of saying “Heaps”, It is a Phrase that They use in Australia. Anyway, I picture Most of The Christmas Season seeing The Christmas Lights, and Music that Me and My Future Wife are jamming out to in The Car while seeing The Lights, Ooooing and Awwwing along The Way. Christmas gets kicked off by Putting up a Small-but-Real Tree with Pretty Lights and Ornaments. Then, We could watch a Tree Lighting somewhere, maybe like We did with Uncle Craig in Houston. Me and Said Wife would stay up late and Turn the Lights and Television off and Just stare at Our Tree because It is So Peaceful! Maybe We would lay under The Tree looking up at Lights to see it from The Inside. There would be a Time when We just Cuddle looking at The Tree in disbelieve that We would be that Blessed. As Christmas got closer, We could have a Little Party with Family and Some of My PTLS Family, that would be Heaps of Fun! Boy, It would be One Long Table to fit My Mom, Some of Smith Family, and PTLS Family. Then, that gives me all Quality Time with Everyone that I would ever need. I would have a Few Helpers with The Food and I would try to help as much as I can. Me and My Wife would probably play Host. On Christmas Eve into Christmas Day, Myself and My Wife, My Brother and Wife, and My Mom and Her Future Husband will all be Together in a Beautiful Log Cabin in The Mountains, with it Snowing! Now, That would be Romantic! We would stay there until probably The 27th. At that Time, We will all be Excited and Thrilled about Christmas. After Christmas, Me and My Wife will cuddle together and Watch the Ball Drop in Time Square on TV to celebrate New Years. So, That would be My Ideal Christmas. Yes, It sounds a Bit Cheesy and Uberly Romantic but, like I said, We are Very proud of that “Grandma Honey Mushiness”. All in All, My Readers, I hope You have a Very Merry-Blessed Christmas, If You do not Celebrate Christmas, I hope You have a Happy Hanukah, Happy Kwanza, and a Blessed Yule.



Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Look in Your Heart for The True Meaning of Christmas. Find Your Christmas Romanticism!

1 comment:

Adelaide Dupont said...

Hello Christian:

Christmas romanticism has often been easy to find for me.

Other times, I've chosen to look for it.

Ahoj to you - and I too am interested in Czechia.

Read a great article by Ben Pobjie about Christmas movies and TV.

Hope you have a wonderful time with your family and important people from near and far.