August 17, 2016

The Christianville Spirit: My 29th Birthday and Surprises


The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Encourages
August 17, 2016-TCS # 507

Welcome Back, My Readers! I am Back! So, since I last wrote to You, I have changed ages now. I was 28 when I wrote the previous Newsletter and Now, I am 29. Happy Birthday to Me! This Birthday was Birthday Year of Surprise and Disbelief. I was in Disbelief about Two Things. First off, I had Trouble that My Birthday on The 11th of August was even coming up, It just seemed like It came around in The Blink of An Eye. The Second was that I was in fact turning 29 Years Old. Thinking, 29 Years Old?! that is only One More Age until being 30! I have a feeling that 29 is going to a Big Year for Me, 30 will be too but, 29, I believe, is a Big Year for Me. 29 in Numerology (Which I tend to listen to) says that 29 Equals 11. 2 Plus 9 Equals 11, and 1 and 1 Equal 2. 11 and 2 are Really Good Numbers AND They are My Confirmation Numbers as well. Being 29 is a little scary but in a Good Way because of how Big I feel This Year will be. So, The Celebration of My 29th Year was by Far The Most Surprising. So, It started about Two Weeks Ago, We went to Our Neighbors Paul and Alyson’s House for Their Son, Miller’s Graduation from Kindergarten. Anyway, My Mom and A Few of Our Neighbors started talking and decided to throw me a Sort-of Surprise Dinner. So, a Few Nights later, I knew that My Mom and I were going to Dinner with Two of Our Neighbors that are expatting next year to Merida, Mexico and I thought that It give me an Opportunity to talk to them more about it. So, We showed up at One of My Favorite Places, La Hacienda and I looked over when We signed in and I saw Paul and Alyson (The Neighbor We saw Last Weekend) and I thought, “Is It just Coincidence that They are here at The Same Time?!”. I came to Find out that It was sort of like The Neighbor Surprise Party back in 2012 when I turned 25 (Refer to Newsletter 313). Most of My Neighbors came to My Birthday Dinner Party, It was lots of Fun and Totally Unexpected. Thank You Very Much, Neighbors for Coming and Helping Me Celebrate My Birthday! So, The Next Part of The Birthday Fun was a Trip. Now, Knowing Last Year’s Trip, that was Mostly PTLS Business, Part Adventure, and Some of It was a Good Present for My Birthday to Sweden and The UK, How do You top that?! Well, We drove up to Colorado to see My Brother! We drove from Plano, through Wichita Falls, and Amarillo before My Birthday. and, then We woke up in Raton, New Mexico on the Morning of My Birthday. I got to See Everything from Raton Pass all the way up to Denver, Lots of Mountains! It got really pretty as We drove through Colorado Springs and Seeing all the Mountains including what I thought was Pikes Peak. Once We got to Denver, We got to finally see My Brother, Michael! We had not seen him in Person since Christmas! We got to see where He lives and Met all of His Neighbors. One Neighbor, Kyle, I thought was Really Cool. I felt like He spoke My Language. He and I talked about Sweden, Life in and Things to see in Denver, and Of Course, Which City has The Best Light Rail Network (I probably should answer that in Another Newsletter, but I would think either London, Paris, or Singapore). Michael drove us around The City Center of Denver, showing us The State Capitol, The Stadium, and A Cool Outdoor Restaurant next to where He works. Speaking of that, We went to Dinner that Night at The Place that He works. By The Way, I forgot to mention that We brought a Puppy up with us to see Michael. We decided that Michael needed a Dog and My Mom’s Friend, Barb rescued one, so Why Not? I will tell you, This Dog, We referred to Him as “Baby Boy” was by far, The Calmest Dog that I have Travelled with! He laid in His Crate (with the Door open) the whole time we drove up to Colorado. My Brother has come up with Many Names for This Dog including Grandma Banjo (My Brother has an Odd Sense of Humor!), Banjo, and another Name that I can’t remember right now (It was Packo). I’ll go with Banjo for Now. For Reference, up to This Point, on My Mom’s Side of My Immediate Family, has never had a Boy Dog. The First Night, we got to meet My Brother’s Girlfriend, Nicole. The First Night, She was a bit Shy at first but, The Pressure of Meeting your Boyfriend’s (or Girlfriend’s for that matter) Parents is rather Stressful on top of Anything else going on in Their World. Michael’s Roommate’s Friend, “Mandy”, I liked her. She was fun to talk to also. After Dinner, We visited where My Brother’s Friend, Zack works at. Zack works at a Craft Beer Brewery. He took us on a Tour of The Brewery, It was amazing to see the Extensive Process involved in Making Beer. So Many Machines! By The Way, in case, You were wondering, I did not drink any Beer there or anywhere on This Trip! It was quite an Exciting Birthday for Me! The Nest Day, We drove up into The Mountains. I got to see the Beginning of The Rocky Mountains that locals call “The Front Range”. All the Weather that comes into Denver is often influenced by The Front Range of The Rockies. After passing The Front Range, We drove well into The Mountains to what is called The Continental Divide. Michael’s Roommate, a Friend from High School told us to drive to a Pass called Loveland Pass which was on the Divide. By The Way, The Continental Divide is where if You put water on in, If it goes East, it head toward The Atlantic Ocean or The Gulf of Mexico and If It flows Westward, It flows toward The Pacific Ocean. There are Two Colorado Rivers, One that flows from Colorado and ends in The Gulf of California, and The East Colorado that run toward The Gulf of Mexico. There is creek, I believe that sits on The Divide and flows both ways! When We got to The Divide, My Brother and I decided to Hike along part of it to get a Higher View. Loveland Pass was at 11,990 Feet and We hiked to least 12,000 Feet. The Thin Air and Going upward did not help My Breathing a lot, It pushed me to Near My Limits but, I made it to The Top of One of The Mountains! To say the least, It wore me out but, Luckily My Brother was there to push me to get me up there. We did only hike part of The Way with The Dog, Banjo and then, My Mom had him while My Brother and I hiked. I will say that It was rather chilly up there, but luckily My Mom brought a sweater. After seeing The Divide, We had Lunch in a Really Nice Mountain Town, Idaho Springs. Luckily, Most Places with Patios are Dog Friendly. My Brother says that pretty much Everyone in Colorado has a Dog. I would totally recommend going to Idaho Springs because It is a Town surrounded by Mountains off of I-70 and Very Pretty. After visiting Idaho Springs, We drove to The Red Rocks Amphitheater which by far had The Most Stunning Place with a Stunning View! We got there kind of Late and There was a Concert getting ready but, at least, We got to see some of it. The Coolest Part I think was that We got to drive through a Red Rock Tunnel in The Park. The View was unbelievable, You could pretty much see over The Mountains and across Denver! I am sure it looks even cooler at Night Time! After We saw The Red Rocks, We drove back to Michael’s House. That Evening, Zack and Michael’s Girlfriend, Nicole came over to hang out. We went to get Ice Cream together, Banjo (Baby Boy) included. Everyone who walked by, while we were having Ice Cream, loved Banjo. Everyone wanted either say Hello or Pet either Zack’s Dog or Banjo, or both. The Next Day, My Mom and I got to have extra time to get to know Nicole before We had to head on and leave The Dog with Michael. I will say, Michael chose quite an Awesome Girlfriend. She is much better than Two of The Girlfriends that he has had. She is understanding of both Myself and My Brother, and She is helping My Brother in many different ways. She has Big Dreams and Likely will have My Brother realize His Big Dreams too! and, Bonus! My Mom likes her too! Everyone knows that when Mom likes The Girlfriend, that is a Good Thing! and, then, The Final Surprise! So, We drove to Kansas to see PTLS Family Member, Natalie Hinkin and Part of Her Family. We went over to Her House to have Bunch with Her, Kids, and Parents. The Surprise though, was that the Rest of Natalie’s Family showed up to meet us. We had an Awesome Bunch sitting on Her Porch. She had quite an Awesome Family, I felt like I was part of it. All in all, It was Brilliant Birthday of Mine. Thank You to All for Your Videos, Phone Calls, Messages, and Love. 

Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Why make Your Birthday, A Day Celebration. Make It a Month Long!  

No comments: