August 31, 2016

The Christianville Spirit: The Untold Story of Mrs. Bachman and Mrs. James

Me and VP Jennifer (aka Jennifer-Samantha)


The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Encourages
August 31, 2016-TCS # 509

Gather ‘round, My Readers! Gather ‘Round! It is Time for yet another one of The Untold Stories of Christian’s Life! This Untold Story is different than The Last One I did, Refer to “The Untold Story of Lynee” Newsletter if You have either not heard that Story yet or Just Want to Read It Again and Don’t Worry I would not Blame You if You wanted to. I’ll be here Waiting if You want to Pause to read the First One. 
Okay then, Welcome Back! Hope You enjoyed your Pause. So, This Untold Story is in the Same Time Period as Lynee only This one involves another Great Person in My Life, actually Two Great (No, Actually; Brilliant People in My Life). So, In School and in Life, You have Teachers both inside School and Outside School. You have Brilliant (I love that Word, used in The UK) Teachers, You have Good or Okay Teachers, and Bad Teachers in there too. I know This is going to sound like a Teachers‘ Appreciation Week kind of Thing, but for The Most Part I had some mainly Good Teachers. Of Course, We can all admit that We had Favorite Teachers in Our Time in School. My Favorite Teachers in Elementary School influenced a lot of Things that I do now. Mrs. Bachman and Mrs. James were My Favorite. Mrs. James, She was the one who taught me about Writing and The Way that I wrote and got My Thoughts out. When I started writing, not My Newsletter, but Handwriting, My Thoughts of what I wanted to say was running faster than My little hands could write, so Mrs. James introduced The Idea of Me dictating to Her, The Thoughts I had about a Topic. It helped me a Ton because I might have had a lot of Thoughts to get on Paper about a Topic. It was because of Mrs. James that I got into The Passion of Wanting to Write. Truth be Told, I give her a lot of Credit to Where I am Today in My Writings. Actually, I wrote a Partial Book in Her Class called “Lost in Dallas Hills” (refer to The Newsletter with The Same Title).
My All-Time Favorite Teacher though was Mrs. Bachman. She helped me a lot as well. She helped more with My Geography Passion and Understanding My Special Needs, not to mention, The Crush on Lynee that was occurring at that Same Time! Now, The Most Awesome part of Mrs. Bachman’s Teachings was dealing with a Subject that really has not been My Favorite, but at The Time, She made it Fun! Math has never been a Favorite of Mine only because I am Very Literal and Math is not necessarily Literal! Considering that This was a time before Calculators or really Any Electronics, You have to do it by Hand via Something called Touch Math. Touch Math, I have to say was the Thing that got me through The Rest of School. Basically, You look at a Number and Whatever Number it is, You tap it with Your Pencil that many times. Each Number had Points in which to Count. The Number 8 for Example (Oddly My Favorite Number to Tap Out) was 2 Taps per Each Side. As in 1-2 on Upper Left Side, 3-4 on Upper Right Side, 5-6 on Lower Left Side, 7-8 on The Lower Right Side. See! You just Touch Mathed the Number Eight! 7 is a bit more Complicated where You tap once on The End of The 7, 1 and then You tap twice on The Top, The Middle and The End. 2-3, 4-5, 6-7. Oh, I am Very Sure that Mrs. Bachman would be Extremely Proud of Me!  Touch Math really is pretty easy, I would totally recommend that When Teaching Kids Math, It is better to teach them Touch Math. The Next and Most Complicated Math that She taught me was Multiplication. I was pretty nervous about that because Multiplication is not always that simple, but She made it a bit more Simple and Fun with Multiplication Rhymes. My Favorite One was “8 Times 8 (8 x 8) landed on the Floor, Laid there til’ 1964; “6 Times 4 (6 x 4) walked through The Door, It’s Number was 24”; “6 Times 8 (6 x 8) came to a Gate (or The Gate, if You want), It was 48”; and, Finally, “9 Times 3 (9 x 3) floated up to Heaven, Landed on Cloud 27” So, As You can see, It can make it a Little Easier to Figure out. I honestly kept thinking, reading through The Printed Rhymes that Mrs. Bachman gave me, thought that The Heaven rhyme started with something like” 6 Times 7 went up to Heaven and It became 37” (something like that!) Maybe that is My Literal Rhyming Mind coming up with that, but Hey! After Elementary School was Over, My Mom asked Mrs. Bachman if We could have Ice Cream with Her and We did one Time and We shared all the Memories of Her being a Great/Brilliant Teacher. Funny how When You get older, You remember Very well about Your Teachers and Yes, A Part of You misses them but, Most Importantly, You thank them for all that They have done for You. All in all, Mrs. Bachman was a Brilliant Teacher. One Last Note here, I met the Vice President of The College that My Mom works at and told her about My Mom (Who is a Brilliant Teacher as well!) about How Awesome The College is too. I hope that Someone soon They will have Work Programs for People like Me at The College. I know The VP is working on it. So, A Shoutout to VP Jennifer, who I will admit looks more like Her Name should be Samantha, therefore referring to her as Jennifer-Samantha. Shout Out!


Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. You have Great (or Brilliant) Teachers and Not-So-Great Ones but, It is the Great-Brilliant Ones that You remember the Most.

No comments: