June 22, 2016

The Christianville Spirit: PTLS and Loud Music


The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Encourages
June 22, 2016-TCS # 501

Hej, My Readers! Hej, by the way is the Swedish Greeting for Hello. It is Pronounced like the American “Hey”, only said twice in Sweden to sound like “Hey, Hey”. So, We had quite The Celebration last week, didn’t We? Well, now it is Time to get back to Work! Okay, now, Where were We again? Just Kidding. Anyway, This Week I am going to talk about something that I have not talked about in a while, PTLS-Related Stuff, more on the lines of, Something that can really bother us. You See, I was reminded of This and Sometimes, I hate when I am reminded of things that Having PTLS blocks me (Blocks sounds like a Harsh term, How about Slows Me Down) from Doing Things. Anyway, so My Mom, Her High School Friend (A Local one; not to be confused with Cindy Lockwood) and I went out on Saturday Night to Downtown McKinney. We figured that It would be Good to get me out of The House as well as get My Mom out for a bit too. It went well, We went out to Eat at This Nice Down-Home kind of Eatery, but We had something that We are going to do next. The High School Friend, We will call her, Barb, had a Couple of Friends ask if We wanted to go to This Pizza Pub and Listen to Music. I did it with Uncle Craig one time, so Why not? The Couple told us that This Band is one of their favorites but, She is kind of Loud, similar to Janis Joplin meets Stevie Nicks. “Okay, This should be Interesting”, I thought. Considering that This Pizza Pub only was a Certain Size and It was not that Big. Basically, We got a Table, right up front, and Yeah, She was Loud! Now, Typically, Live Bands tends to turn up their Amps VERY Loud, must add on to the excitement I guess, I don’t really get it, but That is Why it is. To say the least, The Singer was Pretty Interesting, She sung Very Passionately and Did Several Rock Star kind of Head Bobs and Head Swings. To tell you the truth, That was the Only thing that kept me interested was that. Luckily, We only stayed for an Hour but, still. The Thing was that The Too-Overwhelmed-by-Loudness part of My PTLS as I call it “Reared It’s Ugly Head”. To My Knowledge, I have not had one of those episodes in a While. Maybe Great Wolf Lodge was The Last Time, I digress. Anyway, so I sat there and I will tell you It was so Loud, I could not hear Myself talk to My Mom or My Mom talk to Me. Suck It Up! I told myself, trying to Enjoy the Music. Listen to Music, was what We were doing. As I watched The Singer sing, A flood of thoughts came. My Mom tells me, I should put Ear Plugs (should have listened to My Mom) or Cover My Ears (like She showed me to do, since She was doing it); In My Head: It looks like I am not having Fun, I thought. Not Typical. and, that was The Objective here! Look as Typical as I can. No Looks on My Face, No Covering of The Ears, Just Suck It Up. My Thoughts continued, “Well, How on Earth could I handle My Brother and His ‘Jamming Sessions’ with His Friends back then?” (to put it Nicely). Well, One They was a Music Muffler in The Garage so We would not disturb The Neighbors and My Brother likely did not turn up the Amp so Dang High! “Haven’t I been to a Live Music Performance before? like The Special Friend’s Christmas Dinners” Well, Yes I have. It has been a While. The Christmas Dinner, The Music at The Christmas Dinner was at a Good Volume. Considering that, When I was with Barb as well as the Couple, I was most concerned about The Time because I needed to be Home for My Quality Time online with My Friend, Deb (Shout Out!) that I have Every Saturday. That and Most Importantly, I did not want My Overwhelmed-By-Loudness to spoil anyone’s (Myself, Mom, Barb, or the Couple’s) Time. I don’t want to be a Party Pooper! That is not Typical. See, when I am around Other People, either People I know or Not so Much, I try to mimic what Others are doing. To Try to be as Typical as Possible. Sometimes, Though, It does not work for Me. That does not mean that I don’t try and Compromise. I tried to offer to Sit Outside but, One being that It is Hot and Muggy Outside, May not be The Best Idea. And, those that want to Drink at This Place (NOT My Mom or Barb) have to sit Inside, due to either City Rules or State Law, maybe both. After about 45 Minutes or so, of Music, We had to Go. But, I was Really beginning to Like to watching This Singer’s Mannerisms. I felt kinda bad that We left the Couple there, but We did get Extra Time with Barb. Luckily though, Barb did Understand about This Issue. She checked on Me, via My Mom while The Singer was Singing. Thank God for Her though! Whenever I write about What it’s like living with PTLS, It can be Hard because It gets me Emotional. The Point of My Newsletter regarding PTLS is to Show what it is like through My Eyes but, I want to be seen as a Typical Human with Abilities. So, I can only hope that I can help you understand. So, all in all, When You are thinking about Taking your Kids to Loud Places like Disney, Loud Movies, Indoor Sports, or Concerts, It can be Very Loud to them. Covering their Ears is a Good Thing (Don’t get me wrong), but It makes them stand out as being Different. On a Lighter Note, It was Probably a Good Thing that I have not had My Ears Irrigated yet. So, They muffled some of The Sound. Hehehe.



Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Music is good for The Soul, but when It is Too Loud, it can hurt The Ears.

No comments: