May 28, 2014

The Christianville Spirit: Uncle Craig's Last Week in Dallas

The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Uplifts Your Soul
May 28, 2014-TCS # 403

So, Remember back a Year ago when I said My Uncle Craig would only be here in Dallas for a Year? Well, Unfortunately, It is the End of His Year Term here in Dallas Officially. We had a lot of Great Times with Him on little segments that I referred to as “The Uncle Craig Chronicles.” From Uncle Craig’s Tour of Dallas to Our Adventures with Him as well as Cousins Anna & Olivia. Let’s Not Forget The Fun Time We had with His Wife, Kellie. It was always a surprise with What we were going to see when We were with Him. Just before New Years, Uncle Craig, Kellie, and My Brother were hanging out at a Local Upscale Bar, when My Mom and I came over so that We could go to Dinner at the place down the street. A Guy started talking to My Mom and I, Well, Long Story Short, They went out on a Date and It was The First Date My Mom has been on in a While, I was Very Proud of Her. Anyway, so This week, I am writing the Final “Uncle Craig Chronicles” of His Year Long Term in Dallas. So, My Brother and I, along with Our Friend Spencer hang out every now and then. We’d always go out to Lunch or Dinner and spend some Guy Time Together. On Uncle Craig’s Final Night, He actually came to hang out with Us! Now, In Most of His Time Here, He would go out for a “Guy’s Night” with My Brother and His Friends but Not with Me; I’m not a Bar Scene kind of Guy, so that is why. Anyway, This Time (which was on Newsletter Day Last Week), I let Spencer pick the place. The Place was a Burger Joint called Kenny’s Burger House. It was a Pretty cool place and I didn’t know that They had a “Man vs. Food-like Challenge” there. It was a 7 Pound Burger that had 700 Calories. I didn’t do it and neither did anyone else but, We read the Sign for It and I’ll put it This Way, There were More People who Lost than Those who Finished It. The Time we had was Really Fun because Spencer had never met My Uncle Craig. I always would tell him about the Progress of Craig’s Work, but He never knew who he was until now. They were Very Impressed with Each Other. Spencer was impressed at Uncle Craig’s Knowledge (which Uncle Craig is Very Smart) and Uncle Craig was impressed at How Spencer takes me under his wing and Makes Me feel included in The Group. Right before We started Eating, I did a Toast for Uncle Craig’s Last Week in Dallas. After We had Dinner, My Brother wanted to go to “The Holy Grail” which is One of His Favorite Hangout Spots. Now, I don’t like going to Bars, like I said earlier, but This Place has a more of Mini-Pub kind of Bar. So, We sat Outside and Hung Out while watching all the People and Cars driving by. I’ve learned that If you have to go to a Bar and You don’t drink alcohol, a “Shirley Temple” (Sprite with Cherry Juice in It) is the best drink to fit in. Soda doesn’t always make you fit in at Any Bar. We got to have lot of a Good Conversations between All of Us and We enjoyed Each Other’s Company as well. After all that fun, we headed home. The Next Day, Thursday, which was also Lynee Watson Day (or Lynee Day for Short), was The Day that I saw coming Months in Advance finally came and I wasn’t happy about it. My Mom and I drove down to Uncle Craig’s Condo and Took Him to The Airport. I was Sad because of The Fact that It was Time for Uncle Craig to Go back Home to Ohio. It felt Normal to Me to have him in My City to hang out when He was in Town, but At Some Point I knew that, Unfortunately, the Normalcy of Him here wouldn’t last forever. So, My Mom and I dropped him off at The Airport and He was on His Way back to Ohio. On The Way Home, I did a “Lynee Day Observance” which was a Moment of Silence at 3:33Pm Eastern/2:22Pm Central to honor One Of My Best Friend’s Lynee from Elementary School who passed away in 2008. I hope that She continues to be My Guardian Angel. All in all, I Loved having Family in Town and I hope Uncle Craig enjoyed it here in Dallas.



Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Family is Very Important. Spend as Much Time with Them as You Can. 




No comments: