May 22, 2014

The Christianville Spirit: Celebration of Life

The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Uplifts Your Soul
May 22, 2014-TCS # 402

So, Happy Lynee Day, My Readers! As You will remember, One of My Best Friends, Lynee Watson from Elementary School had passed on this day in 2008 and I found out about it 2 Years after She had past away. So, I celebrate her life as well as The Day She became My Guardian Angel, I named the day she died, Lynee Day in honor of Her. Anyway, on to This Week’s Newsletter, so after One of Life’s Crazy Weeks for My Mom and I, We had planned to go to Mississippi for a Horse Clinic that was benefiting PTLS, but There was some sort of Pull, if you will, that said “Don’t Go Out There Now. Go Later”. In other words, It was God saying that He had a Different Plan for Us. Well, on Saturday, which was The Horse Clinic, We decided to go for a little drive into The Country. Now, I was wanting to go to Lake Murray in Oklahoma because I heard that it was really pretty. But again, something told me not to go. I thought, “Oh No, This is going to be a Boring Weekend!” because after all, We weren’t going to Mississippi Or Lake Murray, so we settled on Pilot Point and took the back roads to get there. I’ll say, it actually was a Nice Drive going the Back Roads instead of the Most Direct Route. Sometimes, It pays to go the Back Roads! Anyway, so We drove over to this hotel/ranch on Lake Ray Roberts called Lantana, it was where My Mom’s Friend got Married once. Although, They were getting ready for a Wedding, It was nice to hear nothing (except The Workers getting the Chairs set up) and not have to Deal with “City Noise.” We stood there and looked at the view of The Lake, watching the boaters and seeing how low The Lake was. After that, We walked down a path from Lantana to The Lake, again, It was nice and quiet. My Mom and I were amazed at How Low the Lake level was with The Drought that we have been having. After We checked all that out , We drove down to a small town called Aubrey. Aubrey is a Blink-and-Miss-It kind of town and It is a Quiet Town. I should mention that There are a ton of Horses and Quite a few Horse Hospitals as well. After we visited Aubrey, We took the Back Roads back Home and Cooked some really good Mac n’ Cheese. That Night, I thought, “Okay, God. What is The Reason behind Staying in Town over Mississippi or Lake Murray?” I found out The Reason The Next Day. So, Sunday Morning, My Mom wakes me up and tells me, “Christian, We’re going to do 3 of Your Favorite Things!” She listed them slowly, “A Drive!” I said, “What? I thought we went on a Drive Yesterday?” My Mom continues, “La Hacinenda”(AKA My Favorite Restaurant in Town, Brisket Tacos are AWESOME there!) And, “Talking about PTLS.” So, a 3 in 1 there!  We got to meet another PTLS Member that lives here in town! It is really awesome though, because It makes Me feel less alone to know that there are PTLS Members in My Area and They are Growing, Slowly but, surely. As We were sitting at the table for a Late Lunch at La Hacienda, I heard a voice say, “There’s Your Reason” and I repeated in a low voice, “There’s My Reason.” In Other Words, That was The Reason to Stay in Town, It was to Meet Another PTLS Family. Now, that may sound little to You, but Sometimes, I forget (I’m going to sound as Humble I can) that PTLS Family Members need our help sometimes, Particularly, That They are interested in any of My Help. PTLS Members, Especially, the New Ones (And, Old Ones) need to know that Their Child will Eat, Talk, Walk, and So On. One PTLS Member told me that She wants to be able to have an Adult Conversation with Her Child and Honestly, When You are told that Your Child will never..(Insert What they Tell You Here), Who wouldn’t want to be able to have an Adult Conversation with Your Child. I Mean, You never know what You might learn from Your Child and Most People are, to say the least, Very Surprised at What They hear. They don’t realize sometimes that Their PTLS Child can hear, see, and pay attention to what The Parents are saying and Therefore they are Surprised when They say something and They are like, “Where in The World did You get that from?” So, I can tell you this because That is What I see in PTLS Members that I talk to. But, One Thing, I can assure you is that although Your Child may or may not have Challenges, They will do what Doctors says that They can’t do. So, Yes They will talk, They will Eat, and Yes, Even Eventually, They will be able to have an Adult Conversation with You in Their Own Way. All in all, I sincerely hope that Everything that we talk about when we meet or even through The Internet, that You are assured that Your Child will be Okay because I certainly am.



Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Celebrate The Life of Someone who Passed Away But, Even More Celebrate Them while They are Here. Happy Lynee Day!   





No comments: