April 16, 2014

The Christianville Spirit: Regrets in Life


The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Uplifts Your Soul
April 16, 2014-TCS # 398

So, My Readers, This Week’s Newsletter has to do with Regrets. We all know that as much as We don’t want to admit that There are things in Our Life and Different Outcomes that We wish We could have done. Now, I’m not saying that We should live in The Past and As My Grandma Honey says, “It happened 5 Minutes Ago” whether it happened 5 Minutes, Hours, Days, Months, or Years ago, The Statement still applies. But, There are some things both Personal and Embarrassing, that I wished either I had done, not done, or said. I’m sure that Everyone has regrets and The Following are a few of Mine. There was a Time in My Life when My Speech was not The Clearest and I didn’t know how to Convey how I felt into Words about Certain Things. Now, This, believe it or not, Is a Common Problem with us PTLSers. You See, We know what is going on (You would be surprised to know, How Much We Know!) and How We feel about those Situations, However, We don’t know how to Convey How We feel about It. For Instance, In My Family, My Mom is the More Responsible Parent and My Dad is more of The Fun Parent but Not as Responsible. Now, Don’t Get Me Wrong, I have been to Some Interesting Places with both My Mom and My Dad. But, The Problem was My Dad took me to Places that were Overstimulating to Me, but I had a problem trying to convey that I was Overwhelmed or Overstimulated. Or I didn’t like whatever We were doing or The Things that My Dad (and, Family) was saying. But, I wish I could have told My Mom (and, Dad, if He understood) in a Clear Voice and Could say, “Mommy or Daddy, I didn’t like X-Y-Z.” If that did happen, It would have been a Different Result. The Next Thing that I regret (I hate using that word, because You should Live Life with No Regrets) and Still bugs me a little bit, is Something that happened in My Personal Life when I was starting out writing This Newsletter, TCS (The Christianville Spirit) Veterans will remember this. You See, I have a Friend, who is actually My Best Friend, that I have known since High School. Well, in June 2006, Just after Her Dad died, I decided to Date Someone that We will refer to as “My Best Friend’s Mortal Enemy”. Now, My Best Friend has told me about Her many times and So has My Brother and His Friends. But, Apparently, This Girl (Madison) took a liking to Me. Now, Not to sound un-Humble here but, I am a Handsome Guy! Now, Don’t Get Me Wrong, I loved having a Girlfriend and That taught me a lot, as well as Showed Me that going to The Homecoming Dance could be Fun! Homecoming, By The Way, Is Very Big in Texas! In Fact, It is like Prom, only a Bit Smaller and The Homecoming “Mums”, that is Another Story for Another Time. ANYWAY, The Time that I started dating Madison was went My Best Friend needed me to be there for Her but, I was Obsessed about Dating Madison and Madison did not want me talking to My Best Friend. It’s Effect was that I almost killed Our Friendship and To This Day, Our Friendship is not as Awesome as It used to be. We talked one time Online for 7 Hours. It was Notorious! Now, I probably would have never came up with My Dream Girl or Bridgett, for that matter but, I wish I could have been there for Her. Another Thing that happened in My Personal Life that I should have done differently. At The Time, I was in 9th Grade and was 15 Years Old.  One Day I was sitting in an Aqua Science Class and the Teacher did The Daily Role Call. When The Teacher said Everyone’s Name, The Person would say, “Here” or “Present.” About halfway through The List, The Teacher said, “Lynee Watson”. After that, I thought, “Lynee Watson?! I know that Name!” I turn around as She said, “Here” and The Memory of Her flashed in My Head. The Last Time I saw her, I was in Elementary School. By The Way, When I was in Elementary School, I had the Biggest Crush on Her and Needless to Say, I crushed on Her Again. It took me about a Week to get up The Nerve to talk to Her, after all, it had been many years since I saw her. After I reintroduced myself, She remembered me! Everyday I would see her, I say, Hey Lynee! and, Then, One Day I saw that Her and Another Childhood Friend were talking and I went up to them to see what They were doing. I Believe that Lynee said, “Will You Go Out with Me?” I was shocked! But, I didn’t know how to handle it or what to say. But, I said, “You Know, I could ask My Mom” and The exchange went on. She told me that She really liked me and Asked if I had Her Number and I said that I did because I remembered the Street where She lived. Anyway, It didn’t happen and She moved away shortly after. I never heard from Her since. By the time I found her again, It was too late and I learned that She past away a few years earlier. I do wish that I had been Mature Enough to Say, “Yes!” and Ask for Her Number. Now, This Wish of What I Regret, I will make up for because I believe that Lynee’s Spirit will return into My Life in the form of Someone very Special; The Women of My Dreams, Bridgett. The Final Regret is A Thought that still makes me Cringe when I think about it. You See, In High School, When I was in 10th Grade, I was in an English Class and We had to do a Romeo and Juliet Play. We all got our parts. I was Romeo, but The Question was, “Who was Juliet”. Juliet happened to be This Girl named Tamika. I knew it because I heard from across the room, “I HAVE TO KISS CHRISTIAN?!” and I thought, “Wait a Minute, What?!” I looked on The Script that was given to us and There it was, “Romeo (Me) kisses Juliet (Tamika)” and I blurted out, “I HAVE TO KISS TAMIKA?!” and She looked at Me like, “Seriously, Dude?!”. Now, The Thought of Kissing a Girl got me Very Nervous and I was Nervous that day and The Next Day too. I was Nervous because I have never kissed a Girl and I thought that I literally had to Kiss the Girl. When The Part finally came, Tamika and I just looked at each other, waved at each other, and that was it. But, The Thought of Me blurting that out and The Look on Her Face still plays in My Head from time to time. Every time I think, “Ugh! Why did I do that?!” If It was Different, I would have never blurted that out, in front of The Whole Class. 
So, All in all, Ohh The Regrets we have in Life, but Life keeps going on and as Grandma Honey says, “That was 5 Minutes Ago!”


Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Don’t Live with Regrets!





No comments: