April 2, 2014

The Christianville Spirit: Birthday Party in Central Texas


The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Uplifts Your Soul
April 2, 2014-TCS # 396

So, This past Weekend was a Fun Weekend because My Mom and I took a Nice little Drive somewhere. I’m writing about this as sort of An Honorable Mention that Someone requested me to do. So, A Couple Weeks Ago, PTLS Family Member (And, Great Friend), Mary invited us to down to Killeen/Ft. Hood to Her Daughter’s Birthday Party. Her Daughter who has PTLS, This Year wanted a “Rainbow Party.” So, My Mom and I took a drive down to Go see them and Go to Her “Rainbow Party.” One Thing I noticed, before I get into The Party itself, is that There is ALOT of Construction along I-35 between Hillsboro and Temple! They are Widening The Highway to 3 Lanes each way, where when I was growing up, it was Two Lanes Each Way. Anyway, on to The Party! The Party was Really Fun and Well Worth driving down there. I figured that It had been long enough since I saw Mary, because It was a Year Ago at The PTLS-Dallas Gathering. One Thing that was different this time was That I got to see Mary’s Mom, Valerie from Upstate New York (actually, North of The Adirondack Area). Valerie, By The Way, is The Honorable Mention that I talked about before. I got to talk to her about Different Things like The Sochi Olympics and Lake Placid, Where She is from, What The Weather is like there, How Pretty it is There, Among Other Things. She also got to hear a little bit about PTLS from Me talking to Mary and My Mom. I do wish that I could have talked to her in a bit more of a Quiet Setting, because with a Bouncy Castle and Lots of Kids, it is not easy to keep concentration. At One Point, Mary and I hopped into The Bouncy Castle with some of The Kids. Mary and I even had a Race back and forth bouncing on Our Knees. It was Fun! It actually felt comfortable sitting in “The Castle” because It was cool while it was pretty warm outside. It also had two little openings on the roof of it and You could look up at The Sky (or at Night, The Stars). Another Fun Part was that Another Family, Chris and Cindy with Their Kids came to The Party too! Cindy along with Myself and Mary, hopped into The Bouncy Castle, so We sat and Hung Out with them while the Kids were jumping around us. Cindy said that She liked The Shirt I was wearing, My “Christianville Spirit Shirt.” Chris got their daughter to jump in The Bouncy Castle which I was Very Proud of Her for. I’ll say that The Meal we had at Mary’s House was really good. She made Pulled Pork Sandwiches and They were Awesome! Now, I have to tell you a Funny Story about The Drive back Home. You See, At The Time, It was Dinner Time but, I wasn’t really that Hungry but, I knew I wanted a Small Dinner, so we stopped in Temple to get Gas and stopped at McDonalds to get me something. Well, as We were pulling out of The McDonalds Parking Lot, My Mom all of a sudden said, “Wait! Is That a Chicken!?” I thought, “Did she just say a Chicken?!” Well, It turned out that There was a Live Chicken pecking away at the Brush behind The Drive-Thru. So, My Mom and I sat there for a Few Minutes, just wondering Why There was a Chicken near a Drive-Thru and In the Middle of The City. I mean, Picture This for Me, We are behind a Drive-Thru with a Street behind us, on the other side on The Building AND The Highway not far either! My Mind went quickly to The Fact that My Brother has Chickens in His Backyard in Denton and Thought, “It would be Nice to have a 3rd Chicken for Michael!” My Mom, luckily, because She didn’t know how to catch a Chicken, She called Animal Control (which was Closed for The Night) and then, called The Police. Police came and were shocked at the fact that There was This Chicken in This Busy Area. Before We left and The Police hopefully took care of it, I saw it flap it’s wings and fly from The Ground to a Tree, with a Barbed Wire Fence separating it. It left us with Quite the Funny Story. If My Mom knew how to catch it and had a Crate, We could have taken it to Denton and Michael could have it roam in His Backyard, but It is a long way unfortunately from Temple to Denton. I think, though, That God sent us to stop for Gas and Food in Temple for The Reason of at least trying to Save This Chicken. Otherwise It would have either been ran over or picked up by The Nearby Restaurants and turned into Dinner. After That, We drove back and saw the skyline of Downtown Dallas dark (There were No Lights on The Buildings) , little did We know that It was “Earth Hour.” Honestly, I love seeing The Front of The Dallas Skyline both during The Day or At Night. But, Considering that We live on The Northern Side of The City, You don’t get to see the Front of The Skyline (from The South) very often. All in all, It was a Great drive both To Central Texas and back.


Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Take a drive, You might just save a Chicken! 





No comments: