April 9, 2014

The Christianville Spirit: My Brother's Climb


My Brother Rock Climbing


The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Uplifts Your Soul
April 9, 2014-TCS #397

So, I feel like I have not had a Chance to Brag a little bit. Now, I normally wouldn’t Brag but, This Time Only, I feel it is Necessary. You See, My Mom and I went to an Exciting Event over The Weekend that I really want to share with You. So, My Brother, Michael, is for lack of a better word, Fascinated by Rock Climbing. I mean, Whenever He has free time (Considering He goes to School at UNT and Works down here in Plano, He doesn’t have a lot of Free Time) He goes Rock Climbing. Well, Recently, He has found out about Rock Climbing Competitions that UNT holds every now and then. So, Early Saturday Morning (and, I do mean Early) My Mom and I drove out to Denton to go watch him and support him. Now, Again Considering that I sleep in Late, I got up early (at 7AM) on This Day to See My Brother Rock Climb; That is What I call “Brotherly Love.” The Last Time that I saw My Brother Rock Climb wasn’t that great of an experience, A Girl that He Dated, Dropped Him 15 Feet.  But, This Time, He did Awesome! The Basis of This Competition is that You Climb as Many Routes as You Can, Ranging in Difficulty and Racking up Points for The Harder Routes, as well as Not Falling and It is all done in 3 Hours. Yes, 3 Hours of Climbing! That can really wear on The Body! Anyway, When We first walked in, We met this nice girl named Sarah, She was a Funny and Sweet Girl as well as The Fact that She knew who My Brother was. After They read all the rules (which there were Alot of Them!), They had to Recite a “Climbers Creed.” It was pretty funny to listen to them yell out this “Climbers Creed.” One of the Most Funniest Ones They said was The Following, “Partner! Don’t Freakin‘ Drop Me!”. Another One was, “Partner! There are Alot of Good Looking Climbers This Year! Stay Focused!” With Each Creed that They had to Recite, They yelled “Partner!” because They had to Climb with a Partner, who also functioned as The Spotter for Michael and Vice Versa. The Final Creed in their loudest voice was, “Partner! Let’s Climb! But, DON’T FREAKIN‘ DROP ME!” and Then, they counted it down and Started Climbing. So, They rated each route by Difficulty, so a 15 was Relatively Easy and Something like 36 is Very Hard. So, My Brother started off Slow and Then, started to mix it up a bit. One of The “Proud-Bragging Moments” of Me watching My Brother was that He climbed an Entire 30! Now, Luckily, He had a few people cheering for Him and One Person who yelled out to Him to Stop and Rest for a second in The Middle of The Course. According to The Rules, You can Rest for a Few Minutes if You are Tired. After My Brother rested for a Minute, He continued on and Completed The 30! And, It was all in front of My Mom and I! After that, He took it easy with a Few Challenges, that is until Michael saw The 31, which included a Very Hard indentation in The Wall (Not from My Brother). I know, He probably looked at It, Thinking like Barney from How I Met Your Mother, “Challenge Accepted!”. And Boy, did He accept that Challenge! He tried 4 Times on This Route and The 3rd Time was The Closest One where He nearly got past that Indentation after Hanging Slightly Upside Down. And, Another Proud Brother Moment, My Brother had Pretty Much The Whole Room of Audience and Competition supervisors cheering him on! To Me, As Michael’s Big Brother, that Literally made me burst with Joy and Proudness that a Whole Room would Cheer for My Brother. It just amazed me! One Thing I noticed that is People in Denton, call Michael, “Mikey” where as People in Plano called him, “Mike.” So, After all those Routes, He was pretty tired so He took a little 20 or 30 Minute Break and then, tried the 27 and a few others. I’ll tell you, I didn’t hear of Anyone who had completed The 31 or The 30 for that matter. One Person who was Climbing the 30, said, “I don’t hear anyone cheering for Me!”. After all that, The Competition was Over and My Brother did so Awesome. I’m pretty sure that My Brother is going to Read This and Laugh to Himself, thinking, “Oh Geez!” After we watched the Competition, We went to Lunch at where His Roommate works and told them all about it. After Lunch, My Mom and I drove home and took a Nice Saturday Nap after getting up so early. All in all, It was a Great Time watching My Brother rock climb and for My Mom, It was her First Time watching him Rock Climb. I am Very Proud of My Brother!



Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Life is all about The Climb, Even if It is watching Your Brother.




No comments: