December 26, 2013

The Christianville Spirit: Christian's Year-In-Review 2013


The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Fills Your Heart & Lifts You Up
December 26, 2013-TCS # 382

So, Everyone, Welcome Back from Your Holiday! I hope You had a Great Christmas as much as I did. I’m sure you have noticed that I am writing on a Thursday, instead of a Wednesday, but because of the weird week schedule and Christmas Day being on a Wednesday, I thought I should write My Newsletter on Thursday instead. With that said, on to The Regularly Scheduled Newsletters! So, It’s that time of Year again and it is coming fast! It’s New Years! Now, I know you just got done with Christmas and Now New Years is coming. So, with New Years coming means My Self-Produced “Christian’s Year-In-Review.” So, without further a due, This is “Christian’s Year-In-Review 2013”! Near the end of The Year is a time to reflect on The Year’s Past and Re-Remember the Good and the Bad of The Year. So, as with most years we start in January. So, January didn’t kick off the way we wanted it to, but We here at The Christianville Spirit had someone choose Our Yearly tagline for us, We choose “ The Spirit that Fills Your Heart & Lifts You Up” chosen by Greg Simpson and PTLS Member, Stacey Brooks. On January 20, We drove down to Killeen/Fort Hood to see PTLS Member, Mary Soisson and Her Wonderful Family. In The News, The Fiscal Cliff was avoided on New Years Day. February was a Quiet Month and it was an Okay Month, Personally. In The News, No One could forget the Lights going out at Super Bowl 47 in New Orleans on February 3, for 30 Minutes. On February 8, What The Weather Channel referred to as “Winter Storm Nemo” or Blizzard of 2013 hit with Hurricane Force Winds while dumping 20-30 Inches of Snow along the Coast from Long Island to Auburn, ME. March was when things got much better and much Happier. March was a Very Successful Month, I will say. March was dubbed “PTLS Awareness Month” and on March 8th was what is now going to be called “PTLS Awareness Day” because Potocki-Lupski Syndrome was named on March 8th of 2007. 2 Days later on March 11th, was a Huge Celebration Day  for the Non-Profit Organization called The PTLS Outreach Foundation. At the End of March was Grandma Honey’s 75th Birthday Party that she called “Life, Love, Family, and Friends (or ‘Life & Love’ as a Short Version). In The News, Venezuela President Hugo Chavez passed away on March 5 and it was a Big Deal to them. on March 13th, Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Argentina became Pope (He was The first from South America). He took the name of St. Francis and is now called “Pope Francis.” April was a Mixed Month of Happy and Sad. On the Sad Side, We had two deaths in Our Family, Cousin Morgan (Apr. 12) and Grandma Honey’s Dog Sugar (Apr. 30). The Celebratory Side, on April 13 was The PTLS-Dallas Gathering and Delaware Dave started his walk on The Pacific Crest Trail while raising money for PTLS, April 9. In The News, on April 15, was the Boston Bombing and a Fertilizer Plant explodes in a town called West, Texas. At the end of April, I had a Double-Root Canal without Needles or Gas. (it helped that there was a TV in there too!) In May, In Honor of Lynee Day, I changed the name of “East Michael St.” to “East Lynee St.” in Downtown Christianville. I had the Post-Op of The 2 Root Canals, a week after My Root Canal Procedure. In The News, a Mile-Wide EF5 Tornado strikes Moore, Oklahoma on May 20. June was a Month of Transition, I planned and threw My Friend, Zack Turner a Going-Away Party before he moved to Denver, CO. In Early June, I met another PTLSer My Age named Tyler (who is Now, My “PTLS Brother”). Also, in Early June was My Brother and I’s “Deck Park” Adventure where we went to Klyde Warren Park in Downtown Dallas. In The News, Paula Deen is hated because of saying the “N-Word” 27 Years Ago from June 27-30. In July, Family Friend, Monica (of The “Monica Miracle”) was interviewed on WRAL News in Raleigh on July 26. I did a Special Newsletter to Thank Readers of My Newsletter on July 3. In The News, Prince William & Kate had a Baby named George Alexander Louis on July 22 and It too was a Very Big Deal! The President of Egypt (from The Muslim Brotherhood) was dumped from Office and Arrested on July 1st. And, finally, Radio’s Kid Kraddick (from “Kid Kraddick in The Morning”) passed away on July 27. August was filled with Birthday Events for My Birthday, On August 11th was My 26th Birthday. We had another wonderful PTLS Gathering with Our East Coast Friends. In September, My Uncle Craig started his Year In Dallas and We took him on a tour of Our City on September 7. On September 21, There was a Rivalry In Our Family, Because There was My Mom and The Smith Family rooting for The University of Georgia and My Brother for The University of North Texas (UNT) which were playing each other. In The News, September 16th was a Horrible Day because there was a shooting at the Washington DC Navy Yard and Of Course, the US Government was near a Shutdown on September 30th and that brings me to October, Where The US Government did Shutdown. All of Our National Parks, The World War II Memorial Closed and Debt Ceiling was near it’s Top. The Government was Shutdown from October 1st to October 16th. In Personal News, It was a Sad Month because Our Friend, Monica Shevell moved to Stockholm, Sweden for 2 Years on October 4 and We put down Our Oldest Dog, Mandy on October 22. In Lighter News though, On the Same day, I got Real Maine Leaves from My Mom’s Friend Greg Simpson (that is who Greg is, If you are wondering). Also, My Brother, Michael’s Birthday was October 26. In November, My Brother’s Art was in a Gallery starting November 9th and going to November 26. I am still Very Proud of My Brother for That! Also, November 16-17 We got to see Aunt Kellie (Uncle Craig’s Wife) came to town to visit and it was awesome having her here! In The News, there was another shooting! This time on November 1 at LAX Airport. Also, The Strongest Storm on Earth, Typhoon Haiyan hits the Very Poor nation of The Philippines on November 8th. And, finally, The Last Month of The Year, December. From December 5-7 we had what I called The “Pre-Christmas Ice  Storm” and Of Course, a House Manager Fail, My Mom fell on Her Chest. Luckily She is Okay, Nothing Broken, She just hurts a lot bending but, I am glad it was Not an Arm or Leg. on December 2nd, It was a Year ago since “The Monica Miracle” and Then, on December 13-16, My Cousins Anna and Olivia came to Dallas to visit. We had such a Wonderful Time Together! In The News, the Famous, Nelson Mandela passed away on December 6th. So, As You can see, It was Quite a Year for All of Us. If You have read all of this to End, I congratulate You! I’m sure it was Long to Read as it was for Me to Write. By The Way, Be Sure to Leave your Comments if You have read to The End and Tell Me what you thought. What was Your Year like? Good, Bad, Happy, Sad? Anyway, I’ll End with This as I sound like Charles Gibson (Formally from ABC News). I Hope You had a Good Year, In This Year of 2013. Whether It is was Good or Bad, There is always The New Year to Make Things Better. I look forward to seeing you back here Next Year for Another Year of Exciting, Thought-Provoking, or Inspiring Newsletters here on The Christianville Spirit!

(For The Last Time in 2013)

Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Happy New Year and May 2014 bring you lots of Joy! 





No comments: