December 11, 2013

The Christianville Spirit: Pre-Christmas Ice Storm


The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Fills Your Heart & Lifts You Up
December 11, 2013-TCS # 380

So, At This Time last week, here in Plano, it was a nice and comfortable 80 Degrees. Yes, Shocking isn’t it? Well, that was, until a Huge Ice Storm came toward us, The next day. Temperatures dropped from a Nice warm 80 to 30 or 40 Degrees. So, Last Thursday, it was to start Freezing Rain at 4:00PM, I had an appointment with A Supportive Employment person at 2. I was very worried about Her because of Freezing Rain heading in, luckily though She is Okay but We WERE Very Worried about My Brother coming home from UNT in Denton. So, when My Brother finally got home, he had to unload all of his art work that he needed to work on because The School Closed because of The Ice Storm (The Whole City shuts down when Ice and Snow Storms come) and right when He was done unloading, it started pouring down Freezing Rain and Sleet. We did all the preparations and I took My “House Manager” Position and Warned My Mom that She cannot go outside on to The Ice because the Last Time that She did that was The Super Bowl Historic Snow Storm where She fell and Injured her Right Wrist. For This Ice Storm, She fell again, This Time on Her Chest because, “The Ice was Melting” She says and turned to Black Ice. She needed to go to The Store then, Go to Teach a Class later in The Evening and A Huge Ice Sheet came down from The Roof and In trying to avoid it, she fell down aligned with the ground this time. This Ice Storm was a pretty bad one in My Recent Memory, It had Trees hanging low to The Ground and Some Trees’ Branches broke on Our Street. Luckily though, The Tree in Our Front Yard was Okay, it looked like it was hanging over the side of My Mom’s Car. On the 3rd Day of The Ice Storm, it was above freezing for the first time in 3 Days, so, We took advantage of it and shoveled our Driveway to help My Brother for when he got home from Work. My Mom, of course, was the first to go out there, My Brother and I were both against it but, it turned out okay. I’ll tell you though, that The Shoveling was Hard Work and I can’t Imagine doing that Everyday. It really gets your Heart Rate going! Good Thing, I got prepared before hand by Playing Wii Fit. The Ice is Dangerous to Walk on sometimes (It was Thick), but it is really cool to look at it, especially when Our Neighbor’s Christmas Lights reflected on The Ice which really puts you in The Christmas Mood. So, Considering that I put a name to each Storm, What Am I going to Call This Storm? I think, “Pre-Christmas Ice Storm.” All in all, It was a Great Quality Time with My Brother, even though We were all stuck inside.




Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Sometimes, You have to take an Ice Storm and turn it into Quality Time in a Warm Home.







No comments: