August 15, 2012

The Christianville Spirit: My 25th Birthday


The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Opens Your Eyes
August 15, 2012-TCS # 313

So, As most of you know, Last Week was what I call, “My Birthday Week” or the week of My Birthday. You See, My Mom and our friend, Max always say, “It’s more fun if you celebrate the entire month or the week of, not just one day” So, that’s what we did, we celebrated the whole week. So, on Tuesday, I got celebrate with a dinner with a family friend at a place that we like to go to eat. Thursday was the most awesome day because, I hung out with My Brother and 2 of his & my friends, Spencer and Zach to go to this indoor trampoline place called “Jump-street.” I came up with the idea, when passing one on the way to Mockingbird Station (as mentioned, Last Week) and I thought, “Am I too old to have a party at a Trampoline Place?”, because in my mind, I thought only kids have parties at places like that, kind of like those Bounce House party places, but, not true. Believe it or not, at Jump-street, they actually have Corporate Events there. So, maybe work for a company that brings you to a trampoline place every 3rd Friday, now that would be fun. Anyway, My Brother, Spencer, Zack, and I spend that evening jumping on those trampolines. It brought back all the memories of jumping on the trampoline when I was young. but, I’ll say though, that jumping like that, wears out on you really quickly; so, My Advice is to take it slow if your around my age or an adult age. As far as Kids go, they were all over the place, jumping non-stop and full of energy. Although, the kids had their own area to play and jump in. Of Course, at this place, their where dozens of different trampolines; ones that were Wavy, ones that were Flat and angled the end of it on the wall. Not only that, but also they had 2 Trampoline Dodgeball Courts, one for younger kids and the other for adults and teens. I think between the wavy trampoline and the dodgeball, I think Dodgeball might have been My Brother’s favorite. Also, though, they had an inverted slide(where you slide down, it becomes flat, and it goes back up) and a foam pit to jump into. I liked the wavy trampoline and the slide the most. So, after going to the trampoline place, we went out to Dinner and hung out. On the day of My Birthday was packed full of events and some unexpected events. So, it started with a Drive I wanted to take, It was from a AAA Trip Book that one of the PTLS Members gave me at the conference (Thank you, Samples!) It told me that, “World’s Largest Peanut” was in a town, an hour and 30 Minutes north of Plano called Durant. so, that was what we went to go see. Now, I thought that it was going to be larger-than-life, kind of like “The World’s Largest Chair” in Thomasville, North Carolina. But, it turned out to be a 3 Foot Peanut on top of a statue and plaque. So, that was a learning experience, make sure you know what it looks like or have an idea where it is, before you drive that far for it. We had a good laugh at it though. Fortunately, I’ve had a lot of luck with “Road Nerd” Attractions (my term for those roadside attractions) like the Giant Peachoid in Gaffney, South Carolina or the chair in North Carolina. Anyway, after we drove up there, on the way back we stopped at a peanut store which had all sorts of things peanut and then, we saw a Giant Head statue of US President Eisenhower in Denison, Texas; who the American Interstate Highway System is named after. After the drive, we had dinner at an Italian Place (which I love Italian) with my Aunt Kathy and a couple of our friends as well. the Final event and most unexpected, was when we went over to our Neighbor’s House, Woody & Robyn to hang out with them; and, My Mom and I thought that it would just us, Woody & Robyn, and the neighbors next to them. However, it turned out to be a little surprise party for Me because when I came in, I saw one of the neighbors down the street and I thought it was going to be a couple of us, little did I know, our whole clan of neighbors joined us. But, it was really awesome and Thank You to Woody & Robyn for throwing that party for Me. So, I’ll end with us, You know how I told you about the 11 and 2 Confirmation. Well, My new thought is at because I was born the 11th of August, that’s a confirmation..that I’m a gift not only to being myself to so many other people out there, around the world or in the same state and, even people, I’ve never met yet. All in all, though, I had the most excellent birthday week last week and I was happy to share it with You.



Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit, Cherish The Gifts that you have, you give, and you get; meant both Literally and Figuratively.              

No comments: