August 29, 2012

The Christianville Spirit: My Birthday in Atlanta


The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Opens Your Eyes
August 29, 2012-TCS # 314

Hello Again, Everyone! I’m sorry I had such late notice with whether my newsletter was going to be released or not. But, I’m sure some of you, though, were sitting at your computer desk last week at Work or at Home, thinking; “Where’s Christian’s Newsletter?”. Well, to tell you the truth, it was up in the air whether I was going to write it or not. But, here’s my reason why. So, we decided to continue the “Having Christian’s Birthday in Atlanta” tradition only a bit more smaller than last time we had it. So, it started with all of us, including My Brother this time, driving to Atlanta last Friday. Now, keep in mind that it’s been a long time since My Brother has come with us to Atlanta, due to his busy life. I have to tell you, it was awesome having My Brother come along. So, on Saturday Morning, we went to breakfast with a couple PTLS Family Members, a more spur of the moment thing, not anything planned like last time. We got to hang out with 4 Families, 1 of which we hadn’t met before that was from around Atlanta and it was very wonderful to meet them. After Breakfast, My PTLS Aunt Christina had a friend that lived in Atlanta and said that we could go swimming and have a mini-party there. After I met the friends, as I walked in, I heard excited screaming coming my Grandma Honey, she had what I call one of her many “Serendipitous Meetings” where a person you’ve never met, has a connection with someone that you do know. It turned out that the friend is one of Grandma honey’s grandchildren’s teacher and she knows the family. Anyway, we had a really great time with these wonderful PTLS families. The kids really loved playing in the pool with my brother. They had the most awesome yard, with tons of tall trees including two on either side of the driveway that were really close. Anyway, they had their house, a pool, a playground, and even a Tennis court. They had some nice shrubbery in their backyard along with all the tall trees of Georgia. Tall Trees are one of my favorite parts of coming to Atlanta because there are so many tall trees that you don’t even know that your in a Major Metro Area. Anyway, that night we went over to My Uncle Bruce’s House and had dinner. We also got to see my Aunt Carolee’s shop that was really cool. And best of all, my cousin Gram and I got to spend a lot of fun time together. We walked through the downtown of Norcross, played at the park, climbed in the tree house, and played the piano together. On Sunday, all of us including Uncle Brian and Uncle Bruce got to watch My Brother skate at one of the skate parks nearby. On Monday, all of us (My Mom, My Brother, Grandma Honey, and I) drove up to a town called Dahlonega, which is a really awesome small town in the mountains. We were originally going up there to eat at this place called “The Smith House” but it turned out that it was closed on Monday. But that was okay because we found a nice place to go instead. Before Lunch, we walked into this pottery shop with a guy that’s been there for almost 37 Years doing his passion of Pottery, and he does pretty good work at it. Of course, after lunch I found a shirt called “The Georgia Red Clay Shirt” that was made from famous Georgia Red Clay. On Tuesday, my brother and my uncle had an awesome tour and meeting at Turner Broadcasting, where Michael and the guy hit it off. He may have a potential job there, that would be awesome! Them we had to take My Brother to the airport to get him home because he had to work. After dropping Michael off, being the Geography lover I am, I couldn’t go without checking out the new International Terminal at the Atlanta Airport, of course this didn’t go without confusing Grandma Honey about how to get there. On Tuesday night, we all separated to where My Mom and Grandma Honey went out on a mother/daughter dinner, while I went to dinner on an “Uncle’s Night” with My Uncle Bruce. On Wednesday (Newsletter Day), My Mom and Grandma Honey went to go pick my new Aunt Kellie(Uncle Craig’s Wife) from the airport and when she got back the Grandma Honey’s House, we hung out with her for a while and then, Kellie and I got pedicures while My Mom got a manicure. By The Way, I do love to get Pedicures, it’s very relaxing and I love when my feet are rubbed and are soft and clean. You guys do not know what you are missing if you don’t try a pedicure. You don’t get nail polish! On Wednesday Night was the main event, a birthday party for me with Family and it was really awesome & special because My Mom and all 4 of her brothers where all together for the first time in a year. We had the most awesome dinner that night, we had really good BBQ and wait for it...Ultra Fattening “Georgia Mac n‘ Cheese.” By the way, the idea came from watching Dr. Oz surprise people to change their fattening meals to more healthier ones. Now, here’s a Cultural Note for you, Georgia is the only state of The US in which “Mac n‘ Cheese” is considered a vegetable. In case, you are wondering though, what “Georgia Mac n‘ Cheese” is, it’s Mac n‘ Cheese, smothered in cheese sauce. Anyway, on Thursday while My Mom was in a meeting, Grandma Honey and I went for a drive to one of my Favorite Neighborhoods in one of my Favorite Georgia Cities, John’s Creek. Of Course, I got to teach Grandma Honey about all the different road signs, the sounds of the road, and she taught me about “Sunday Drives” from when she was a kid. Friday was kind of a “lazy day” for me, I slept in, I had the left over “Georgia Mac n‘ Cheese” and, I talked to My PTLS Sister on Skype and spent a wonderful time with Ms. Libby (who is my G-Honey’s neighbor and ex-wife of a famous football player). I love talking with Ms. Libby! We share our knowledge, and she knows a lot! On Friday Night, though, we had a dinner celebration at Uncle Bruce’s House for what My Cousin Gram called “Christian’s Last Night in Atlanta.” And finally, My Mom and I drove home on Saturday Morning. But, a lot of good came from this trip, being with Family (which is always a plus), My Mom got to help out and advocate at the school for a PTLS family, meet new PTLS Members, and having a great “once in a life time” meeting for my brother. All in all, I love being around Family, I love all the Tall Trees, and there are Plenty of PTLS Members around.


Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Family is more important than anything, even if that family is not blood!         

No comments: