April 11, 2012

The Christianville Spirit: Transitions and Crossroads


The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Opens Your Eyes
April 11, 2012- TCS # 295
So, For This Week’s Newsletter I’m going to talk about something that is more personal to me that has been going on. We’ll call it, “Transitions & Crossroads.” You See, unfortunately we have what I’ll call, “Transitions & Crossroads” in our life where things start to change a little bit for the better and although, you don’t see it that way at the first; when the phase is over, you’ll wonder why it didn’t happen sooner because it pushes you. Well, that’s what has been happening to me in some way, where you start to lose contact with your high school friends (and, the really good ones, you keep) and of course, you start making new friends that last into your adulthood. I mean, don’t get me wrong, I’m used to people “Moving and Shaking,” (making big changes). I mean my friend, Karleen, alone has moved to 8 States in her life, so she’s used to it. And yes, she is moving again and for what I believe is a good reason, it’s quite daring but, that’s not what this is about. The Fact is that I’m losing or have lost some of my really good friends recently. For example, I know I’ve already written about this but, it still bothers me sometimes of My really good friend, Lynee, dyeing. Now, as I’ve mentioned before that I had a crush on her and she was a really good friend, but, I’ve realized just how important she was in my life. How she would hang out with me, talked to me, and yes, she did understand, or at least tried to understand, the things I was saying (because my speech was not very clear and I was hard to understand), and she liked me for who I was. The second time that I saw her, back in Jasper, it took me a long time to get up the nerve to say hi to her and try to jog her memory about who I was and our memories together. Then, when I think about the date of when she passed away, I wondered “What was I doing then, in May of 2008.” I asked my friend, Karleen, that and she said, “Probably crushing on Madison.” Although I think she thought I was referring to 2006, when Lynee’s Friend died and Karleen’s Dad too, she was probably right. However, As much fun as I was crushing on, holding hands with, and kissing Madison, I would have loved to seen Lynee one last time so I could pay respects to her and thank her for being so awesome with me and understanding me. Of Course, it also might have helped to tell her how I felt about her and now, she knows because I said, “I Love You too, Lynee” in my prayer when she died and on top of that, I’ve assigned her to be My Guardian Angel so she can watch over me. Anyway, enough about Lynee, there is also another friend that I’m losing. Now, this friend is a more recent friend from High School. I’ve mentioned him several times in my newsletters, his name is Steven. Steven is moving for the first time in my life and I mean, really moving. Now, the first couple times he’s moved were to the temporary group homes in San Marcos, Sunset, and Tyler. But this is very different because he’s moving out of Plano. Now, rest assured he’s just moving to Dallas, which is just down the road a bit, but that’s not what bugs me. You See, he’s had a love for and a dream to finally be with Tigger (the disney character, that he sees in his mind and has given him great comfort for many years). He’s always said, in his deep passionate voice, “One Day I’m going to able to bounce with Tigger by My Side!” and I believed him but, I didn’t know how he has going to do it, but I knew somehow he would. Now, keep in mind here that Steven and I have been through a lot in both the “Ali Days”, “Madison Days,” and Job Crew ( which was a program at school) which was my favorite time and he stuck with me through that. Then, he started dipping his feet into a new thing called Second Life ( which is a game on the computer). Now, when he first started Second Life, I warned him to be very careful of the kind of people that are on there. He just ignored me and went on, he and I, however, have slowed down our communication, fewer calls, fewer IMs(although I don’t IM that much anymore), and fewer emails. Well, recently he emailed me, telling me that he was moving to Dallas, that things with the furries (or Furrsuiters, to be correct, people who he has met that wear fur suits) is going well, and that he’ll be much closer to the “Furrsuiter Convention.” but, when I emailed him back to ask him, where he’s moving and everything like that, he gave me a very unlike Steven response telling his whole “Tigger Dream Story.” and saying that his dream has finally coming true. Now, don’t get me wrong, I believe in following your dreams but, he wrote to me as if I were someone else, as if I were one of the furries and not his best friend. Anyway, we still say, as we have for many years, “Love you like a Brother” as we’ve always said so, that’s all right but, I’m concerned that he’s turning into a different person then what I’ve know him to be. However, ending this newsletter on a more positive note, I met a new friend named Danielle who has become a sister to me because she has PTLS also. How awesome! All in all, this tells you that in life, friends come and go but, whether friends stick around or not is up to Fate, because as I believe, “Everything happens for a Reason.”     
Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit.  Cherish The Friends You Have, While you still have them.      

No comments: