April 18, 2012

The Christianville Spirit: The Bridge to Nowhere


The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Opens Your Eyes
April 18, 2012-TCS # 296
So, over the past couple months, The City of Dallas has been hard at work coming up with the next awesome thing to make our city a bit more attractive than it is already. You Know, Every City needs to have to a makeover every now and then, so they started with introducing and voting on a Project called “The Trinity River Project,” where they redo the entire riverfront on the Trinity River, along areas surrounding Downtown Dallas. So, their idea, out of many, where to build a tollway along side the Trinity River from West of Dallas into Downtown, add really cool parks to it, and finally rebuild and build new bridges to cross the Trinity River. Well, as far I know, the “Trinity River Project” isn’t doing so well due to funding and flooding hazards, especially the “Trinity River Tollway” and it’s awesome parks. Also, that and the fact that most of the “area of concern,” we’ll call it, which is just Northwest of downtown is a very industrial and poor area. Anyway, they decided to go with the building of existing bridges like the I-30 and I-35E Bridge, which if your from around here, are very old. However, that brings me to the new bridge that they’ve been building. You See, again The City of Dallas thought that it would be smart if they built a new bridge with an awesome design as sort of an extension of Woodall Rodgers Frwy., which runs as a connector highway from those who are trying to get from I-35E to US 75 to reach northern suburbs like Plano and Mckinney, it’s a road the at runs the northern half of downtown; if you are from around here, you know what I mean. Also, it connects Woodall Rodgers in Downtown to Singleton Blvd. in what they call “West Dallas.”  Anyway, they started building it and wanted to have it done to shine off for the Super Bowl that was here last year. So, because the Super Bowl came before it was done, they had a lighting ceremony to show that it was there and it was going to make the skyline look even better. However, this bridge named the “Margaret Hunt-hill Bridge” has had a lot of issues in the way of the weather (Severe Weather, Crazy Drought, and Crazy Severe Weather), Being Struck by Lightning, in The more official Lightning Ceremony; the lights took a while to come on (which by the way, was really funny to watch it on the news as it happened), and changing the opening date twice. Now, of course My Mom will tell you that the building of this bridge, “Wasn’t supposed to be there” because of all the problems that it has encountered and in her eyes, if it’s meant to happen, it’ll happen naturally. Because, as I told you of all the problems, if you force something that you want to happen and it seems like it’s happening, your going to have “Epic Fails” along the way. I know it’s not related but, as My Mom’s former boss, Kelli said about her move to Arkansas, “It happened Naturally, I didn’t have to lift a finger.” Anyway, the bridge finally opened on March 31, two weeks too late and yes, knowing me, My Mom and I drove across the first day it opened. By the way, the bridge looks really good for a bridge that goes to the poor and not-so-good part of town. Of Course, the next part of the project will be when it get interesting, The Re-Building of the I-30 Bridge and I-35E Bridge. I’ll tell you though, that I think those bridges are meant to be built because the existing bridges have been there for a long time and there is more traffic then there was when it was being built. Also, the view coming in on the I-35E Bridge will be really awesome with a new design. So, I’ll leave you with an update on the Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge’s Epic Fails, there’s been a lot of accidents at the “West Dallas” end of the bridge because people are driving too fast and they don’t realize that the bridge dumps onto a not-so-thoroughfare street; now, you tell me, Is it meant to be there or not? All in all, like I said, If things are meant to happen, then they will, naturally.
Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit.  Let things you want come Naturally, otherwise be ready for the Epic Fails.               

No comments: