September 28, 2011

The Christianville Spirit: The Way My Mind Works


The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Sparks Your Heart
September 28, 2011- TCS # 268
So, I know that You may think that what I’m going to about write on This Week is really weird but, this is what I like to do. You See, As I’ve told you before, I “Cyber Travel” on Google Maps’ Street View and I can “Drive” on it for Days or Hours on end. So, I thought I would explain the science of how My Mind works when I do it. Usually, the first thing I do is decide where I want to go, Do I just want to see an Airport?, Cross an International Border? (like Mexico or Canada back to The US; or, drive across borders in Europe), “Go on Vacation?” like driving through Cancun and seeing the turquoise water of The Caribbean. Another one would driving along The French Rivera from Italy; There are many places that I could go but, I go where ever Street View is available. To give you an Example, I’ll write to you as if I’m driving on it. This is based on an actual trip I did with a little twist. So, I start in a chosen town and land on a street in a chosen neighborhood. Let’s say the location is a town south of Fredrikstad, Norway. So, I start driving in a beautiful neighborhood in the woods and then, I drive on a National Highway getting to E-18(or sometimes, I call it, E-highway 18). Once I get to E-18 (while looking at the front and back of the road signs along the way), I read the sign, E-18 south: GØteburg and Swedish Border or E-18 north: Oslo, I take the south exit. I drive down the road looking at all the surroundings of the last 20 Kilometers of Norway, “The Happiest Country in The World”. Once I get near the border I get off shortly and look around at the last exit going south and first exit going north of Norway. Then, I get on E-18 south to continue to Sweden; I read the signs and talk to myself about them or read them in a Scandinavian Accent. Like, there’s a Toll Booth when leaving Norway going into Sweden and the sign says it cost NOK 20 (talking to myself I say, “NOK means Norwegian Krone”) which by the way is the currency of Norway. Anyway, as I cross into Sweden, I look back and read the sign that says “Norway” in Norwegian and Sami; And, I read it how Norwegians pronounce it, “Nor-gae” or “Norge” in Swedish. After driving a couple Kilometers I do what I call “Skipping Around” where I get out of Street View and scan the Google Maps to get to another area like seeing the Signs of GÖteburg (or Gothenburg in English), skip some more to Malmö and drive across the Öresund Bridge into Denmark (Danmark in Danish) then, I get off what is now, E-20 and drive to Copenhagen Airport. After driving to Copenhagen Airport, I fly to Newark, NJ on Continental Airlines and then fly to Dallas/Fort Worth International (or D/FW Airport to locals in Dallas) and do what I call “Reintroducing Myself to America”. So, I say the speed sign, Interstate Sign, US Highway Sign, and State Highway/Route and I say the following “Miles per Hour(Because I came from Kilometers an Hour), American Interstates (like Interstate 35 or I-35), United States Highways (like US 75), and US State of Texas, Texas State Highway (like State Highway 121)”. Finally, I drive into Grapevine which is north of D/FW Airport on 121 to Bass Pro Road and drive to end of the road. At the end of the road, is what I call a “Transfer Station”, where a helicopter picks me up and takes me to another “Transfer Station” near my house and I drive home once I land at the “Transfer Station.” By the way, I imagine the “Transfer Station” as way of getting somewhere really quickly. Finally, I drive home and do what I call “Killing The Trip”(which is when I move on and go on another trip). Anyway, I hope this gives you an idea of what is going on in my head when I Cyber Travel. All in all, I take wonderful imaginary trips around The World with the help of Google Maps and Street View.
Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Enjoy the World around You, Take an imaginary trip somewhere.

No comments: