September 14, 2011

The Christianville Spirit: When The World Stopped Turning


The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Sparks Your Heart
September 14, 2011- TCS # 266
So, As most of You know, This past Sunday was September 11th, but, this year’s “9/11 Anniversary” is different than ones in the years before. This Year was different because it’s been exactly 10 Years since 9/11 happened, which makes My own Memory of it stronger because it was a decade ago. So, with Allen Jackson’s Song Where were You when The World Stopped Turning playing in my head when I think about My Memories of The Day. Now, I’m writing this because I have a better understanding of the events of 9/11 because, as I told My Mom, I was too immature to understand it. So, hear it goes; It started as a normal Tuesday Morning, it was a school day and I was in 8th Grade. I remember this because one of My Crushes named Ali was in that classroom. Anyway, it was a day of the usual routine, of getting ready for school, while Good Morning America was playing on TV. Then, we drove off to school listening to KISS-FM (which at that time, was clean music and clean comedy). Anyway, so right after class started at Rice Middle School in Mrs. Parker’s Class, the principal said something that still rings in my head every year, “Attention: Teachers and Students, I’m sure that you have heard about what’s happened in New York...” The Teacher’s aids behind me started talking about it saying something like, “Oh!, I heard about that!”, The Principal continued “...Teachers, You may turn on your TV and watch it for a couple minutes then, You should continue with Class”. Now, Fortunately and Unfortunately we had a TV in the room but, we didn’t turn it on and watch. Luckily, we didn’t do so because I was already scared by the announcement and what I see of it now, I’m very thankful because it would have scarred me for life. Anyway, I continued on with my day, not really knowing much about what was happening. Then, late in the day, I walked into My Technology Class (which, by the way, at that time was one of My Favorite Classes) and I saw what was on TV. On the TV, there was smoke rising out of New York City but, nothing was there. After class started, the teacher turned the TV off and we played at My Favorite Module (Weather and Aviation) which was playing The Flight Simulator where I could fly around places and see the skylines. Anyway, when I got home, I finally got a chance to see what happened and I was shocked at it. After seeing all that, I wondered what was going to happen next and what would we do about it. At that time I thought we were just going to go to War but, there were a lot of scared people including My Mom and me . Anyway, that is My Story of where I was on September 11, 2001 (also known as 9/11) and All in all, I will never forget what happened or where I was when it happened. Will you? 
   
Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Cherish each Day and Love Everyone. Because those who perished on 9/11 were so loved by so many

No comments: